Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

FourMonos

First Post
Follow that Ghoul! Round 2

The group consists of an extraordinary number of trackers, with brilliant insight contributed by Hunzu, Illarion and 7 Rabbit. Kruor follows along behind (...brains...)

True to Illarion's summation, the group entered the Merchant Quarter, but seems to be making straight progress through it. Even though Kamotz and Whiggins feel the group is close, the adventurers hit another puzzle when the happen into a small courtyard with many exits.

[sblock=Round 1]
Kruor: push
Hunzu: Success
Neurotic: Success
Eloan: Success
Nathantiel: Success
Kamotz: Success
7 Rabbit: Success
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skill Challenge]*GOAL: You are trying to find the ghoul who is carrying the barmaid from the Hanged Man's Tavern.

*Complexity: 3 (8 successes before 3 failures)

*DC: All DCs are 15

*Skills: You can use any skill that you can reasonably explain. Any explanation I feel doesn’t correspond with the given skill, I will impose a -2 penalty to it.

*Repeating the Same Skills: Any character repeating the same skill check in two successive rounds will impose a -2 cumulative penalty to the triggering roll (i.e. -2 for second check, -4 for third check, etc.)

*Critical Success: A natural 20 counts as 2 successes OR 1 success and remove 1 failure (a Total success - i.e. succeeding at this challenge with no failures - will result in extra goodness for the party).

*Critical Failure: A natural 1 counts as 2 failures.

*Aid Another: You can roll to aid another PC. Using the new compendium rules, a roll of 10+1/2 the rolling PC’s level or higher grants a +2 to that player’s skill check, while a failure grants a -1 penalty to that player’s skill check. A successful aid another roll does not count towards the total number of successes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Nathantiel (I-7): 55/56 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Berry (H-7): 28/28 hp; Status:
Illarion (H-11): 39/39 hp; HS 6/7; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kamotz (K-L, 11-12): 45/45 hp; HS 7/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
(Whiggins 64/67 hp; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)
Hunzu (L-7): 31/32 hp; HS 7/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
7 Rabbit (M-11): 48/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Eloan (J-9): 42/51 hp; HS 10/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kruor (N-4): 27/27 hp; HS 3/2; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: [/sblock]

GM: Well, moving right along that is 6/8 successes. My next skill challenge will have to be harder... Let's finish up this skill challenge! We're about to get to some fun!

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I strongly recommend the Obsidian system for skill challenges - it lets you increase the difficulty of individual rolls so people like me with +10's don't just roll right over them, without making the whole challenge too hard, and it lets you control the pacing a lot better.
[/sblock]

Something about this square twigs 7 Rabbit's memory - he's seen a layout like this on a map of the city he studied. Where did those exits go again?

Last edited:

treex

First Post
Kruor reflects upon what 7 Rabbit says. "Think like them, eh..."

"Hmm, if me trying to steal waitress-lady, where would me hide her..." Kruor ponders. "Braaaaains"

OOC: EDIT: Oh my gawd...I had no idea how to use the ENWorld Roller. The one with no description was my first roll. I thought it didn't register because I didn't put a name.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: 7 Rabbit's critical finishes the (minor) challenge.

7 Rabbit takes in the courtyard and his extensive knowledge of Daunton and it all clicks. The Port Authority on the west aspect of the square... Binken's and Boyle's Imports and Exports on the northeast corner... This square was a mere 50 feet from the docks!

"It's gone to the water! Get to the docks!" Urges 7 Rabbit.

The group hurries around the last building and find themselves facing one of the smaller dock areas. Crates large and small abound on the dock. A few small rowboats are tied to the outer aspect of the dock, silently bobbing in the waves.

At that moment, lightning flashes and a stoic figure stands outlined against the night at the end of the dock. Some of you recognize the garb from before. The human wears a wide brimmed traveling hat pulled low over his forehead. His heavy traveling cloak covers his shoulder and billows out to the right in the mild wind. The human is holding up the barmaid from the Hanged Man Tavern in his right arm. She appears unconscious. At his feet lays a prostate body, apparently the ghoul that you were following.

His coarse voice echoes over to the group, "Well, good thing I was here to clean up another mess. At least I can see that you were good enough to bring that thing to me. Send over the mechanical essence retrieval being and you can carry the maiden back to the Hanged Man... you know... like the heroes you are."

CaBaNa

First Post
Its mine, shes mine, drop her and lay down. sternly orders Kamotz, hackles raised, as Whiggins slowly stalks forward. You better know where that thing's master is, or you've just hindered an ongoing investigation by the Temple of Lauto. the shifter scrutinizes the newcomer in the dim light, while indicating his holy symbol, judging both his manner and demeanor.

OOC: insight 21, perception 26 , intimidate 18.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"He's one of us now. And he helped find her and fought other undead. Unless you have something more to say against him, I ask you to stay your hand and see how he develops. He is bound to make mistakes in the process, but now he has guides to his steps. And feeling sorry for what he did to the girl is good first step.

Now, please, hand her over."

OOC: if needed Bluff +14, Diplomacy +12, Initmidate +12 (auto-success on aid another for Kamotz now that I think on it :) )

Velmont

First Post
"Unless you free the girl now, you might be arrested for kidnapping, you know." tells Eloan "That would be an hindrance toward your goal."

He then look at Kruor "For him... yeah, he is an undead, but since I saw him, he is acting more like a sensitive and reasonable person and have helped to put down the necromancer. We has made no crime yet... so I think he will stay under our supervision."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Intimidation +12 for the first part, Diplomacy +14 for the second.[/SBLOCK]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I was hoping to get a couple more posts or diplomacy/bluff/intimidate checks before seeing what Helsing will do.

Also: Here is the: map Please put your token on the map, coming down the 'street' but no closer than row H.

treex

First Post
OOC: It appears to be set to view only?
EDIT: Kruor will be just behind the front row, that means second row which should be anywhere from F7 to G11.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Eloan is never on the front row... too instinctively coward for that. And I have added rolled to my previous post.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases