Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu moves to beside the others. His iridescent eyes glowing with transfixed power. To others it just seems like he's staring blankly. His hollow voice enters the mind of the one holding the girl hostage.*

"This situation's end does not bode well for you in the least. Perhaps it would be wiser to simply leave the girl and flee. Leave the girl and flee."

*He pushes the suggestion upon the being with the girl.*

[sblock=Actions]Diplomacy Check.

Free: Suggestion
-Trigger: Hunzu makes a Diplomacy check.
-Effect: Hunzu makes an Arcana check instead, using that result to determine the outcome of the Diplomacy check.

Arcana +12; 18[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I assume the squares with the x's are piles of crates and things? Do they block line of sight or anything like that?

I figure 7 Rabbit will be at the front, since he was leading us through the streets. I'll put him at H8.
[/sblock]

"What is your problem with the undead?" demands 7 Rabbit. "So they move but they aren't alive - why is that such a terrible thing? Of course some of the mindless ones can be dangerous - so are animals! Nobody wants to exterminate all animals. And some of them are even evil - just like the living! But it's sheer prejudice to assume they all are! Some of the most kind and generous people I've ever met have been mummies!"

[sblock=Diplomacy]
Man, I'm on fire!

I get another +2 to "Diplomacy checks involving undead that are identified" from my Valley of Bone background. I'm not sure if it applies here, though, since I'm talking about undead and not to them. If that counts, I rolled a 23.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Alright, that should be enough fun banter :D

[sblock=Nathantiel, Kamotz] Your perceptive ways easily detect that there is another person on the dock with Helsing. Of course, the person is messing with something and not trying to be stealthy. [/sblock]

Helsing listens impassively to your arguments to spare Kruor. After 7 Rabbit speaks, he chuckles darkly.

"You fools. You think I would destroy the mechanical retrieval unit. It may be the only one left of its kind. No, I want to OWN it! Typical of you humanoids, there is still so much you don't understand."

He tosses the unconscious barmaid over his shoulder.

"Frank!"

A human, dirty with oil and blood, stands up next to Helsing. He was previously working on something behind the far crates. "Yes, boss."

"Frank, I'm taking the girl back to the barge. Your creation is ready? Let it clean up these pesky adventurers. Bring the pieces of what we came for when you are ready."

And with that, Helsing steps onto one of the rowboats at the end of the pier. The ghoul at his feet gets up when he moves and climbs into the rowboat with Helsing. Without lifting a finger, the boat turns and heads out to the bay, smoothly cutting through the waters.

Frank gleefully rubs his hands together, "Oh, you made the master mad, hehehe."

He produces a wand and points it at the crates at the end of the pier. Lightning shoots forth, energizing the largest crate. With a roar, the crate bursts apart. A heathing mostrosity of flesh stands where the crate used to be. The heaving breath of the monster's breathing sounds like a bellows. Over the loud sound, you can hear Frank yelling, "It's alive! It's alive! Ha ha ha ha!"

GM: Alright, everyone up and at 'em. Please put your characters on the map and roll initiative. When everyone has posted, we can get started with round one.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
"Funny, this man seem like not know Kruor has brothers. Many brothers. And sisters, too." said Kruor. "Maybe if we make him think Kruor not so valuable, like depreciationation with increase in supply, then he leave in peace."

After getting some odd stares, Kruor turns his head down, as though he were shy. "Papa, he try teach Kruor business once. Say me can be professional blood trader if play pokers right. Or is it play balls right? Play cards?"

"Hmm...balls..."

OOC: Init (1d20+4=20) Yes! High roll!
Okay, just to clarify, does Kruor lose his vulnerable radiant 5 from Apoli's Boon?
EDIT: Wow, linking in a google spreadsheet is a pain.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Dock Showdown: Round 1

The heaving monster and Frank's laughing are not as intimidating as they expected. The heroes are ready for action, and most of them make the first move.

[sblock= Initiative]
Nathantiel: 17+ (ridiculous initiative, allies gain +2 to initiative)
Illarion: 18
Kamotz: 20
Hunzu: 20
7 Rabbit: 7
Eloan: 14 Roll Lookup
Kruor: 22
Monsters: 10 Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim
Water: Shallow, difficult terrain. Deep water, requires swimming check

Map: map [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Nathantiel (D-10): 55/56 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Berry (D-9): 28/28 hp; Status:
Illarion (F-7): 39/39 hp; HS 6/7; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kamotz (G-H, 10-11): 40/40 hp; HS 7/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
(Whiggins 64/67 hp; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)
Hunzu (G-9): 31/32 hp; HS 7/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
7 Rabbit (H-8): 48/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
Eloan (E-8): 51/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kruor (F-10): 27/27 hp; HS 2/2; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Frank: (S-9) Damage:
??AC ??F ??R ??W

Frank's Monster: (L-M, 11-12) Damage:
??AC ??F ??R ??W

[/sblock]

GM: Once again, you guys dominate initiative. Everyone goes first except 7 Rabbit. Let me know if I missed any condition's, hit point, or healing surge changes outlined above. Walking Dad can jump in when he gets back.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
[sblock=Tactics] Kruor isn't going to be a liability by rushing in. He's gonna wait for all the big booms and bangs to go off first. (blasts and bursts)
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]: Can you clarify what the X's are? Do I lose my vulnerability radiant 5?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases