Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Rabbit circles around his allies, placing himself on the dock squarely between the two groups of combatants. Deep shadows swirl around him, shrouding him in gloom. As the shadows grow deeper they bear the chill of distant, airless, sunless gulfs of space. Suddenly the shadows reach out towards the giant creature, wrapping themselves around it as if a giant fist were squeezing the breath from it. As it groans, the shadows dissipate as quickly as they came, leaving frost on its limbs. Rabbit remains in shadow, seeming not to be bothered by the col.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to M10, activating Shadow Walk (concealment until EONT)
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Frank's Monster
Standard: Frigid Darkness on Frank's Monster (with +1 for Prime Shot - hit AC 27 because I forget I get CA because it's dazed). 20 cold damage and it grants CA to me and my allies, and has a -3 to AC, until the end of my next turn.

If he's still alive, that triggers an OA, but I'll let FourMonos roll that since I'm not sure he's alive.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 48/51 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 0
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Concealment until end of next turn
Warlock's Curse on Frank's Monster

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness
Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
As Kruor slams into the beast, it flicks it's arm out, punishing the vampire with a savage blow.

GM: Immediate Interrupt: Hit while bloodied, Frank's monster makes a Slam attack at target within range: 1d20+11, 2d8+5 → ([15, 11], [8, 8, 5]) Roll Lookup Kruor is hit for 21 damage and pushed 2 squares. The monster is bloodied and takes 5 damage from Divine Challenge.

Edit: yes, it has reach (in case you were wondering).

OOC:
Holdit.gif

[sblock]
v2Uip.jpg

According to page 277 of the Player's Handbook, you can't take immediate actions while dazed. And clearly the defendant dazed the victim before he could slam attack.

THEREFORE!
vN599.jpg

THAT SLAM ATTACK COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED![/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]

An immediate interrupt happens before the attack, so no, this isn't clear.
[/sblock]

Normally I would agree, but in this case, interrupt happens on bloodying (therefore just before the damage applied and not before the hit happened). Since the hit and not the damage decides that the monster is dazed I would support treex in this one.

Unless the monster was already bloodied when Kruor hits it.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Normally I would agree, but in this case, interrupt happens on bloodying (therefore just before the damage applied and not before the hit happened). Since the hit and not the damage decides that the monster is dazed I would support treex in this one.

Unless the monster was already bloodied when Kruor hits it.

Yeah, he said "hit while bloodied" so I thought it was already bloodied. If Kruor's attack bloodied it, I'd say this power couldn't even be used (if "hit while bloodied" is the exact trigger, and not a paraphrase) because it wasn't bloodied yet when it was hit. The interrupt would have to be used on the NEXT attack.
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, there is the possibility that Neurotic had already bloodied it (after his attack, monster would have taken 93 damage, thereabouts)

If that's the case, then I'm just really unlucky. And that would mean the monster has slightly less than 190 HP. On the bright side, it's dazed now, so it can't hit 7Rabbit, right?[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Well, you guys sure take the fun out of having a heaving mound of people parts sewn together into a menace to society. He was dazed, so no immediate interrupt. And... Kruor's attack bloodied it.

Just waiting on @Darksteed for Hunzu

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
NotGuilty.gif
[/sblock]

OOC: Well I'm sorry for following the rules that also happens to save me a gajillion hit points. Maybe you can pummel me later...
EDIT: Re-read my post and realized I came off as somewhat sarcastic. That was not my intent.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu's eyes flare with power once again. He lifts his hand and sends out a pulse of power streaking out towards Frank. It plows into him at full force.*

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Magic Missile
-Target: Frank (P11)
-Effect: 6 FORCE damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 3
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 31/32, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 7/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand