Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

FourMonos

First Post
Dock Showdown: Round 3

Nate howls and summons a pack wolf from the feywild. Without hesitation, it runs to it's target, Frank. Nate also looks for a better position and move behind some crates with Berry.

*Hunzu's eyes flare with power once again. He lifts his hand and sends out a pulse of power streaking out towards Frank. It plows into him at full force.*

Illarion calls upon the sea and mists rose around the monster. The trashing is heard and the mist clears, monster shaking it's head and finding itself next to Kruor and Kamotz. "Get them closer together!"

"Kruor is on it!" says the robot as it dashes on all fours, strafing around the huge flesh monster. Suddenly, Kruor digs his syringe-fingers into the ground, while shifting his body weight. Using his hand as an axle, his whole body becomes a spinning battering ram as it connects squarely against the monster, knocking it backwards and out of wind.

Eloan move on the opposite side of the monster. He taunt the monster with his sword and hide behind his shield. The creature suddenly try to overwhelm Eloan who starts to scream "Kamotz!" Kamotz try to attract the monster attention by swing his flail at the creature. A first blow miss, but his second hit.

Becoming overexcited by the others of his group howling, and the sudden presence of another wolf, Kamotz zealously swings at Frank's Monster at Eloan's request. He joins in on the howl as he moves away from the Monster, the sound is a physical threat, the packs intent manifest. Another overhead swing from the shifter, this time against Frank, a mighty force behind the the heads on his holy flail. Stand strong Eloan! We shall pincer the monster between our shields!

Rabbit circles around his allies, placing himself on the dock squarely between the two groups of combatants. Deep shadows swirl around him, shrouding him in gloom. As the shadows grow deeper they bear the chill of distant, airless, sunless gulfs of space. Suddenly the shadows reach out towards the giant creature, wrapping themselves around it as if a giant fist were squeezing the breath from it. As it groans, the shadows dissipate as quickly as they came, leaving frost on its limbs. Rabbit remains in shadow, seeming not to be bothered by the cold.

The monster tries to swing at the warlock, but is unable to hit him and feels Lauto's judgement on him.

"No, no, NO!" Shouts Frank. "Stop them!" He yells at the Monster.

Frank's Monster, still swooning from the robot's massive blow, swings out viciously, first missing Eloan, but then connecting with the vampire robot and sending it reeling backwards.

Frank himself steps back and lets loose an electric bolt that singes Kamotz and 7 Rabbit but misses Nathantiel's wolf. He then returns Hunzu's bolt with one of his own, hitting the mage with a bolt of force.

[sblock= Summary]
Nathantiel: Summon Pack Wolf
Illarion: Hit Monster for 15 damage
Hunzu: Hit Frank for 6 damage
Eloan: Hit Monster for 12 damage
Kamotz: Hit Frank for 18 damage
Kruor: Hit Monster for 12 damage. Monster dazed TENT (kruor)
7 Rabbit: Hit Monster for 20 damage, grants CA and -3 AC TENT (rabbit)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim
Water: Shallow, difficult terrain. Deep water, requires swimming check
Crates (x's)

Light: K-14, bright light 4 squares.
Map: map [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Nathantiel (D-10): 55/56 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Berry (D-9): 28/28 hp; Status:
Illarion (F-7): 39/39 hp; HS 6/7; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kamotz (G-H, 10-11): 34/45 hp; HS 7/9; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
(Whiggins 64/67 hp; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)
Hunzu (G-9): 20/32 hp; HS 7/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
7 Rabbit (H-8): 37/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: concealment
Eloan (E-8): 51/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
Kruor (F-10): 27/27 hp; HS 2/2; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Frank's Monster:
OA vs. 7 Rabbit: Miss Roll Lookup Take 5 damage from Divine Challenge
Take 5 ongoing damage
Rampage Rechage: Nope. Roll Lookup
Slam vs Eloan: Miss. Roll Lookup
AP: Slam vs. Kruor: Crit for 21 damage Roll Lookup

Frank:
Shift to Q-10
Dancing Lightning: Kamotz, Pack Wolf, 7 Rabbit: Roll Lookup Hit Kamotz and 7 Rabbit (reflex) for 11 damage Roll Lookup
AP: Magic Missile vs. Hunzu: Hit reflex 23 for 11 damage. Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Frank: (Q-10) Damage: 36
20 AC 16 F ?? R ?? W

Frank's Monster: (L-M, 11-12) Damage: 157
20 AC 23 F 18 R 19 W
Status: Bloodied, ongoing 5 damage (save ends if he doesn't attack), Divine Challenge (Kamotz), Warlock's Curse (7 Rabbit)

[/sblock]

GM: You guys are up. Let me know if I missed anything.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit backs away from the monster, darkness still swirling around him. In fact, he backs up so far that he nearly bumps into Frank. Startled to realize how close he is, he jumps, throws out a hand behind him with fingers splayed, and mutters a quick curse on the sorcerer. Then he draws back his two-handed war club and charges back the way he came from, swinging as if he were hitting a ball. His club connects solidly to the monster's flesh. He comes to a halt, panting slightly, and gasps, "I used to play the ball game a lot with my brother. You'd be surprised how often it comes in handy in a fight!"

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate Interrupt: use the Brooch of Shielding to gain resist 10 against the Dancing Lightning, reducing the damage to 1
Move: to P10, maintaining Shadow Walk (still concealed)
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Frank
Standard: charge to M10 (hopefully provoking an OA from Frank) - hit's AC 17 easily, doing 17 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster HP]
It was bloodied by Kruor's attack, so sometime between 116 and 127 hp. So that means it has between 232 and 254 hp total.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 47/51 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 0
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness
Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient

As the attack passes by his summoned wolf, Nate feels himself invigorated by the magic of his staff. He raises a hand to command two pebbles from the ground to slam into his enemies like (sling) bullets.
His summoned wolf itself isn't ready to let his prey to escape this easily and begins to chase Frank.

[sblock=OOC]

Item property: Nate gains 7 temporary HP.

Standard: Magic stone vs Frank and his monster.

instinctive action: PW moves to P10

pack wolf other stats are on my sheet
AC: 23 Fortitude: 19 Reflex: 21 Will: 21
HP: 28/28

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 55 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: 7
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 8 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 1/2, Seed of Healing, Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
As Frank's Monster smashes it's arm into Kruor, his chest shatters like a sheet of hard candy. Within Kruor's body, you can see an assortment of gears, springs and wires. But amongst that lies a peculiar scene: A large crystal is surrounded by all the machinery, placed upon a tiny plate. Some wires are attached to it and it glows with a deep, sinister crimson.

"Ugh, Kruor hurt bad! You distract big meat man first!" Kruor shouted back.

"WARNING: BLOOD RETRIEVAL UNIT {KRUOR} IN CRITICAL STATE. STATUS: ABDOMINAL REGION EXPOSED. INITIATING REPAIRS"

His chest slowly regenerates. Small bits of rusted metal and flecks of blood creep over his chest, swallowing up the machinery and protecting it from further harm. As all this happens, Kruor sneaks up towards the heaving mound of people parts sewn together. And he waits...

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Warforged Resolve
Move: Walk to J12
Standard: Readied action
Trigger: Anyone provokes the immediate interrupt of Frank's Monster.
Action: Vampire Slam
Trigger: Nobody hits it by the end of the round.
Action: Vampire Slam[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
  • Enduring Soul triggers when Kruor is bloodied. He regenerates 2 HP up to 13/27. Still exactly bloodied.
  • Warforged Resolve gives 3 THP and 3 HP for being bloodied. Kruor is now at 16+3/27
  • Kruor is now at J12
  • Once the immediate interrupt of the monster has been expanded, Kruor will use Vampire Slam on it.
  • If nobody hits it, Kruor will just risk it and hit him.

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Treex: You can only ready one trigger to an action. That's the downfall to a readied action if your trigger never comes around you basically just stand there waiting.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: This is not exactly the cas in PbP, IMHO. The alternate would be Treex waiting for everyone else to see if they hit. Easily done at the table, but very slowing down PbP. Epically if two or more players have the same idea and wait for each other...

BTW, automatically triggered abilities, like Warforged Resolve are not "readied".

Just my 2 cents, I'm neither DM nor judge.

treex

First Post
OOC: Treex: You can only ready one trigger to an action. That's the downfall to a readied action if your trigger never comes around you basically just stand there waiting.

OOC: The alternative would have been to ask, wait for a reply, then make my decision from there. Which would ultimately take about 8~24 hours, and that's if we're lucky.

By saying I hit if he doesn't, I saved us a whole day :D

But the way things are, I should have let Kamotz try and down him at the cost of no CA, in order to potentially use my action to hit Frank instead.

Lastly, I crunched the numbers and if I were to trigger the immediate interrupt, depending on which defense it targets (has not been stated thus far) it would be 10.62% for AC and 12.96% for NADs for it to down me. 10~13% of getting KO'd and a waste of a standard action as opposed to letting someone else taking the hit for me, hence making it risk-free.

Whether the standard action hits however is a different story, but once you put it that way wouldn't that mean my standard action would not be in vain because I might have missed anyway...interesting ._.

Then again, one could argue that I was meta-gaming just because I revealed those numbers (I like knowing my odds, that's all) but Kruor really is being cautious currently.

PS: I'm Asian, crunching numbers is how we rorl.

EDIT: Warforged Resolve is part of my turn. During my turn I used WF Resolve, moved to the monster and readied my action. WFR is not part of the readied action.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases