D&D 4th Edition Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ?? - Page 24





  1. #231
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    "I must say your ship is ugly... you should really repair it properly. But we are here for the girl. We will bring her back to her family. And the esteem revival machine or wathever you call Kruor will come back too with us on the ground. And you too, but you will visit the watch prison for kidnapping... would you like to do it the soft or hard way?" asks Eloan.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

 

  • #232
    Nathantiel Xiloscient

    Nate tries to get a look at the shape next to Helsing.

    OOC


    I placed Nate and Berry on the map.

    Quick Sheet

    Nathantiel Xiloscient
    Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
    Hit Points: 55 / 56 Bloodied: 28
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:-
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 1.0
    Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 8 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
    Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 1/2, Seed of Healing (seed), Summoner's Staff

    Condition:

    Berry Sheet

    Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
    AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
    Initiative: +7
    Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
    Temporary Hit Points: 0

    Conditions:
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #233

    Ship Showdown, Round 1

    Helsing laughs very loudly.

    "You don't appreciate how beautiful this vessel truly is! You have no idea how much power it takes to hold my necrotic vessel together! Which is what the essence retrieval unit will do for me... help power my ship as I ride from port to port. Pillaging artifacts from the unsuspecting populace. Soon I will be unstoppable!"

    He gestures to the body next to him, which raises at his command. You can tell from its unnatural movements that it is the ghoul that carried the girl here.

    "It is time to stop this facade."

    Helsing removes a ring from his hand and rotates the center gem before replacing it. Before your eyes, the illusion that covered his features slowly melts away. Helsing's true face, skeletal and gaunt with blazing red orbs where his eyes should be, stares back at you.

    "You foolish mortals. When you come to my ship, you might as well walk right into the my lair."


    Helsing holds his skeletal arms wide and red energy pulses around his hands before radiating down and into the ship. The ship starts to creak and groan. The pieces of bone that are part of the ship start to move in place before breaking free from the ship and reforming into skeletons around you. The long skeletal masts tremble and shake before slowly dislodging into giant skeletal creatures themselves.

    "Welcome to your doom, adventurers. Flay the skin from their bones!"

    With that command the skeletons attack!

    GM:
    1. How come when I try to add an attachment picture now, it doesn't come across as a picture?
    2. I placed Kamotz and 7 Rabbit on the map.
    3. Roll initiative, in you beat a 14 take your turn. Don't forget Velmont's Battlefront Shift if you want to use it.



    Round Summary

    Nathantiel:

    Illarion:

    Hunzu:

    Eloan:

    Kamotz:

    Kruor:

    7 Rabbit:



    Map Details

    Illumination: Dim, from various lanterns hung around the ship



    Water: Deep water, requires swimming check.
    DC to climb back into boat is only 10.


    North end of boat is captain's quarters and the quarter deck above that (10 feet up.
    Stairs to quarter deck and down to galley: 8-9 N-O.

    Map





    Stats

    Nathantiel (D-10): 55/56 hp; HS 8/9; AP 2; Second Wind; Status:
    Berry (D-9): 28/28 hp; Status:
    Illarion (F-7): 39/39 hp; HS 6/7; AP 2; Second Wind; Status:
    Kamotz (G-H, 10-11): 34/45 hp; HS 7/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
    (Whiggins 64/67 hp; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)
    Hunzu (G-9): 32/32 hp; HS 6/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
    7 Rabbit (H-8): 47/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: concealment
    Eloan (E-8): 51/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
    Kruor (F-10): 27/27 hp; HS 2/2; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:


    Enemy Actions



    Pending





    Enemies

    Helsing: (K-22)

    Ghoul: (M-22)

    Skeletons (S):
    1 (I-6) (on quarter deck)
    2 (O-14)
    3 (H-16)
    4 (J-20)

    Decrepit Skeletons (ds):
    1 (M-6) (on quarter deck)
    2 (N-11)
    3 (I-14)
    4 (N-14)
    5 (N-17)
    6 (N-19)

    Bonecrusher Skeletons (BS):
    1 (K-L 11-12)
    2 (K-L 16-17)

    Last edited by FourMonos; Sunday, 29th January, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

  • #234
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,046
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    "This will be so much fun!" suddenly cheerful sorcerer claps his hands

    Init (1d20+6=11)

  • #235
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex
    OOC: Don't use attachment tags. Put img tags. You can use the "Insert Image" button or the {IMG}{/IMG} tags. (Using [ and ] instead of { and })
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #236
    Nathantiel Xiloscient

    Nate steps forward... and disappears. From his former position, a hail of thorns savages two of the lesser skeletons and distract the big one.

    OOC


    move: Nate to I9, Berry to H9
    minor: Camouflage Cloak
    standard: Thornspray down-right
    on a hit, the target takes a –5 penalty to all defenses until the end of Nate's next turn.
    (attack roll includes CA bonus.

    Quick Sheet

    Nathantiel Xiloscient
    Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
    Hit Points: 55 / 56 Bloodied: 28
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:-
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 1.0
    Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 8 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
    Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 1/2, Seed of Healing (seed), Summoner's Staff

    Condition: invisible

    Berry Sheet

    Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
    AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
    Initiative: +7
    Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
    Temporary Hit Points: 0

    Conditions:
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Sunday, 29th January, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #237
    "Nice boat," comments 7 Rabbit as he heaves himself onto the deck. "Wood would be more practical, though."

    As he raises his leg over the side he catches his foot on a rib protruding from the gunwale, and tips over, arms flailing comically. He crashes over and rolls a few paces before bouncing to his feet and standing defensively, a few beats later than his comrades. "Sorry!" he calls sheepishly. "That was undignified!"

    7 Rabbit

    Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
    AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
    HP: 47/51 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
    Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

    Powers:
    Eldritch Blast
    Dire Radiance
    Fate of the Void
    Warlock's Curse
    Second Wind
    Vampiric Embrace
    Frigid Darkness
    Armor of Agathys
    Hunger of Hadar
    Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
    Brooch of Shielding +1
    Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
    Last edited by JoeNotCharles; Monday, 30th January, 2012 at 06:49 AM.

  • #238
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex
    "The crazy man turned into a boney-man..." Kruor muttered.

    "And he wants to turn me into a soulless engine to move his ship! But wait...aren't I already soulless?" Kruor spends a few seconds to ponder the thought.

    "Does Kruor have soul? When daddy make me he say all things have a soul as long as they will it strongly enough..."

    "Daddy, why you no make sense everytime..."
    the robot says in frustration.
    Initiative
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #239
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    "Oh no... we are in hell... that's not possible." murmurs Eloan as he see the skeletons rise. He then tells to the others, with an hesitant voice. "We need to save the girl, capture that guy, sink that boat... sounds easy, no? You can do it guys!"

    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #240
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    OOC: Whiggins/Kamotz will use the battlefront shift to J14-K15


    Kamotz jumps upon Whiggins and the pair leap onto the deck! The shifter takes in the situation, until Eloan reminds him that there is urgency in this course of action. Hya! shouts Kamotz, and Whiggins reacts by feinting passed multiple skeletons before stopping in the midst of the bulk of bones.

    Both Whiggins and Kamotz can be heard, pulling air like a bellows, the two rise stopping only after they reach full height! The air around them seems to hang with a heavy silence, outside of the creaking bones, in anticipation of the coming sound.




    Readied Immediate



    Death Surge

    Trigger: a creature w/in 3 of Kamotz is reduced to 0 HP.





    Ministat



    Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
    Initiative +2 Passive Insight 23 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
    HP 34/45; TempHP 0; Bloodied 22; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 7/9
    AC (21)23 Fortitude 17 Reflex (14)16 Will 18 (Lower as shield is unequipped)
    Second wind; Not Used
    Action point; 1
    Speed 5
    At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
    Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Death Surge, Shining Symbol
    Daily: Blood of the Mighty, Avenging Flame
    Consumable; Fey Step Potion, Unguent of Darkvision, Vial of Darkness





    Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
    Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
    Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
    HP 64/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
    AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
    Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
    Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
    +10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
    Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
    Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
    Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
    Alignment Unaligned Languages -
    Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
    Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)


    Last edited by CaBaNa; Monday, 30th January, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    MAGIC!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 353
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th March, 2013, 04:38 PM
    2. Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g
      By FourMonos in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 543
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th January, 2013, 12:30 PM
    3. Undead Hunter PrC for a Cleric
      By DocMoriartty in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th October, 2009, 01:35 PM
    4. Undead Hunter Campaign
      By Fyrestryke in forum General Discussion
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: Saturday, 22nd May, 2004, 12:45 AM
    5. Undead Hunter Feat
      By CrusadeDave in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Sunday, 14th March, 2004, 07:49 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •