Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

FourMonos

First Post
Nathantiel's thorn attack splinter two of the skeletons and Ilarion's burst of light destroys two more. The second giant skeleton screams silently from the blast, as if it suffered greater from the light's intensity.

GM: Correct, all players can utilize Hunzu's ability.

Nathantiel killed ds N-11 and ds L-14, hit BS1 for 10 damage and -5 all defenses TENT

7 Rabbit's attack missed

Eloan's attack misses BS-2, but does 10 damage.

Hunzu kills ds M-6 and ds N-17

Ilarion killed ds N-17 and ds N-19, hit BS2 for 13 + vuln

Edit: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], it looks like Hunzu killed N-17 on his turn, you can shift your attack area and keep the same rolls if you do. I'll leave N-19 on the map until you tell me what you'd like to do.

which looks like we are only waiting on [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
As Ilarion releases his blast of radiant energy, the giant takes advantage of his lowered defenses and brings the utmost aspect of the mast, now the giant's bone club, down on the sorcerer.

GM: I forgot for a bit that the bonecrusher skeletons have threatening reach. OA vs. Ilarion hit for 14 damage. I don't know if this would be worth using Eloan's warning ability, so I'll leave it up to [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION].

From now on, please let me know which squares you move on the ship (for OA purposes). Thanks!

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I won`t, not that early in the combat and not if he can`t attack back.

[SBLOCK=To Players and DM]@.Players: When you use an Action Point:

Insigthful Presence: When any ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action, that ally gains +2 to all defenses until the start of his or her next turn.

@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power on initiative.

Battlefront Shift
(No Action * Close Burst 3)
Target: You or one ally in the burst
Effect: The target shifts half his or her speed.

@.Players: Anyone who make a basic attack can declare he use this power. It can be use only once per encounter. First come first serve.

Overwhelming Force Trap
(Immediate Intterupt * Close Burst 3)
Target: The triggering ally
Trigger: An ally in the burst makes a melee basic attack
Effect: The target uses one of his or her melee at-will attack powers instead of making a melee basic attack. If the attack hits, the subject of the target’s attack is also dazed until the end of the target’s next turn.

@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Eloan might use these powers. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Powerful Warning
(Immediate Interrupt * Close Burst 5)
Target: The triggering ally in the burst
Trigger:
1) An ally is hit by an attack within 5 feet.
2) The ally is hit by less than 5 over the attacked defense.
3) The enemy that hit is not a minion
4) The ally have a good melee basic attack and is within melee reach of the attacker
OR the ally is bloodied
OR the attack stun (assuming Eloan is aware of the effect).
Effect: The target gains a +5 power bonus to all defenses against the attack. The target can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action. If the target of the melee basic attack is standing next to Eloan, the ally get +1 to hit and +2 to damage.

Longsword of Defense (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) Eloan takes damage from a melee attack that hits him.
2) Eloan takes over 20 damages.
Effect: You take only half of the damage.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Eloan's Stats]Eloan
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 13 Passive Perception 20; Low-light Vision
HP 51/51; 0 THP; Bloodied 25; Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 10/10
AC 25 Fortitude 17 Reflex 20 Will 20
Defenses: +2 defenses vs AoO
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 vs. Charm
Resitance: Resist All 1
Speed 5
Action Point: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack Longsword of Defense +7 vs AC 1d8 damage

Skills Arcana +9, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +14, Heal +8, History +14, Intimidate +12, Perception +10
Languages Common, Elven

Powers

[ ]Commander's Strike
[ ]Direct the Strike

[ ]Second Wind
[ ]Fey Step
[ ]Noble Presence
[X]Battlefront Shift
[2]Inspring Word
[ ]Powerful Warning
[ ]Overwhelming Force Trap

[ ]Bastion of Defense
[X]Destructive Surprise
[ ]Heroic Effort (Warlord)
[ ]Stand Tough

[X]Bracers of Mental Might [E]
[ ]Amulet of Seduction [D]
[ ]Battleforged Shield [D]
[ ]Longsword of Defense [D]
[/SBLOCK]

treex

First Post
Kruor is startled by the huge skeleton and leaps backwards before scurrying away a few steps. As he sees it smash down onto his comrade, he flies into a rage.

"NO HIT BLIND MAN. YOU BULLY!"

Kruor charges at it, emitting a huge burst of white light as he swiped madly at it with his clawed fingers. The bones of the skeleton crack under the pressure. Blood sprays out from the exposed marrows and Kruor instinctively shoves his huge syringe into it.

"HIGH QUALITY BLOOD SPECIMEN DETECTED: ATTEMPTING FURTHER BLOOD RETRIEVAL"

Kruor body flies into a frenzy and lashes out once more, but this time more wildly.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Walk to H11.

Action: Charge Attack (Vampire Slam) +1 for charge, +1 for Apoli's Boon.
23 vs Reflex; HIT for 16 radiant damage

Free Action: Blood Drinker
Extra 4 radiant damage

Action Point: Vampire Slam
16 vs Reflex; if hit: 16 radiant damage and push the skelly one square to the right.[/sblock]

[sblock=Apoli's Boon]Until the morning, Kruor gains the following benefits: +1 to all attacks, he gains 5 THP at every short rest, his attacks also gain the radiant keyword, he is immune to sunlight's effects on his body, he can shed a soft light that eminates for 5 squares (minor action, at will. also minor to stop the light)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Kruor - Robot Vampire 1 (reskinned Warforged)
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18, Fort: 13, Ref: 14, Will: 14
Initiative: +4; Speed: 6
HP: 27/27, Temp HP: 5
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 3/2

Powers:
Dark Beckoning
Taste of Life
Vampire Slam

Blood Drinker [X]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Surprise Strike [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Action Point [X]

Swarm of Shadows [ ]
[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
Move to H11
23 vs Reflex against Bonecrusher for 16 radiant(!) damage
4 extra (possibly radiant) damage from Blood Drinker
16 vs Reflex against Bonecrusher for 16 radiant(!) damage
If second attack hits, push skelly to the right.
Kruor is now at J11
Kruor is at 32/27 HP and 3/2 surges.

OOC: I wanna take down this guy first so that the ranged squishies will have some breathing space. My second attack should hit after taking into account the -5 to all defenses. Whether Blood Drinker will deal radiant damage is debatable but the Vampire Slams certainly do.

I'm hoping that there's something that will grab/grapple me cause there's something really cool I wanna do :D

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Fluff upon resolution... Hard to RP "if I'm bloodied/not bloodied" unless you're fairly certain you've whiffed.

The shifter glazes over for most of the philosophy, creeping forward toward Helsing, until something Rabbit says catches his ear
Can Stars Die? asks Kamotz, looking up for a moment, into the overcast sky. I'd like to see that...

Eloan stirs Kamotz from his pondering, calling for action on the field of battle, and Kamotz was not one to miss an opportunity to kill something. His inattention cost him, and the behemoth that was once a mast, batted at his flail allowing only one head of three to strike true.

Whiggins on the otherhand, had never lost sight of the real target, and had continued to creep toward Helsing whilst Kamotz daydreamed of dead stars. The Skeletons swung at Kamotz as he moved, but he either shrugged off the strikes, or tapped into his heritage to tolerate their blows. Whiggins began the howl of battle this time, and Kamotz joined moments later, the vocal threat settled over Helsing and his minions compelling them to silence the shifter.

Kamotz takes an ineffective swipe at the Bonecrusher Skeleton, winding up for the real enemy.

[sblock=Actions]

Shift 2 from Eloan to I16-J17

Move J18-K19

OA from Skeleton at H16 and Bonecrusher Skeleton at K16-L17

Minor
-Bloodied: Longtooth Shifting
Effect, Until the end of the encounter, Kamotz gain +2 bonus to damage rolls. While Kamotz is bloodied, he gains Regeneration 2.

-Not bloodied: Call of Challenge
Call of Challenge Close Burst 3 from K19
Target, each enemy in burst. (S)H16, (S)J20, (BS)K16-L17, (ds)N19, Hels, G
Effect, each target is subject to Kamotz' divine sanction TENT (the first time each round the target makes an attack that doesn't include Kamotz, it takes 5 radiant damage.)

Standard
-Bloodied: Call of Challenge
Call of Challenge Close Burst 3 from K19
Target, each enemy in burst. (S)H16, (S)J20, (BS)K16-L17, (ds)N19, Hels, G
Effect, each target is subject to Kamotz' divine sanction TENT (the first time each round the target makes an attack that doesn't include Kamotz, it takes 5 radiant damage.)

-Not bloodied: Holy Strike on (BS)K16-L17
14 vs AC
12 radiant damage. The target is marked by Kamotz, and takes an additional 4 radiant damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +2 Passive Insight 23 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
HP 34/45; TempHP 0; Bloodied 22; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC (21)23 Fortitude 17 Reflex (14)16 Will 18 (Lower as shield is unequipped)
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 1
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Death Surge, Shining Symbol
Daily: Blood of the Mighty, Avenging Flame
Consumable; Fey Step Potion, Unguent of Darkvision, Vial of Darkness

Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
HP 64/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
+10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I removed ds from the map, there was no other place where I could catch three creatures and it wouldn't be fair to use known rolls to change the power to chaos bolt.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm leaving on vacation until the 9th, and at the last minute decided not to take my laptop with me. NPC me until then, please.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nate steps forward... and disappears. From his former position, a hail of thorns savages two of the lesser skeletons and distract the big one.

*Hunzu stands quietly as the cool breeze idly passes by the sea vessel. He contemplates each and every possible outcome. Eventually coming down to the most idle for there situation. His eyes flash with power as he concentrates. Suddenly every member of united heroes gets slammed with overwhelming amount of information as Hunzu's mind connects with all the others. Complex equations, formulas, and tactics flood there minds. It is troublesome at first through after a quick moment or two the thoughts begin to settle and make sense to even the slowest minded of the lot. Eventually Hunzu pulls his mind back to his own body and regrasps his polearm. Giving it a quick twirl, he slams the blunt end of it down into the ships deck. His eyes once more glow with power, as he sends out a barrage of missiles towards the nearby skeletons.*

"Kamotz, now!" shouts Eloan. Kamotz try the tactic suggested by Eloan on the boat, but he seems to clumsy at his first try without any practice. He then slowly walk forward, hiding behind his shield, hoping to spot the girl and take her out.

7 Rabbit finishes his speech and realizes that Hellsing - an all his creations - are staring openmouthed at him. Without further hesitation, he leaps into action! He throws out his war club towards the nearest giant skeleton an a wave of starry blackness, cold as the depths of space, envelopes it. The darkness fades quickly, however, leaving only a single star orbiting its head. Rabbit curses and bolts across the deck, out of the way of any of his companions attacks, ending up on the steps to the forecastle. He begins making arcane passes an muttering strange formulas, and his armor begins to glow with a cold light that somehow twists the eye away from him.

Illarion moves to get a clear line of sight along the ship. He's too far away to affect Helsing, but can open the path toward him. Shiny star falls through the mist and blasts over three skeletons in the middle of the ship, throwing them every which way.

Kruor is startled by the huge skeleton and leaps backwards before scurrying away a few steps. As he sees it smash down onto his comrade, he flies into a rage. "NO HIT BLIND MAN. YOU BULLY!" Kruor charges at it, emitting a huge burst of white light as he swiped madly at it with his clawed fingers. The bones of the skeleton crack under the pressure. Blood sprays out from the exposed marrows and Kruor instinctively shoves his huge syringe into it.
"HIGH QUALITY BLOOD SPECIMEN DETECTED: ATTEMPTING FURTHER BLOOD RETRIEVAL" Kruor body flies into a frenzy and lashes out once more, but this time more wildly.

The shifter glazes over for most of the philosophy, creeping forward toward Helsing, until something Rabbit says catches his ear
Can Stars Die? asks Kamotz, looking up for a moment, into the overcast sky. I'd like to see that...

Eloan stirs Kamotz from his pondering, calling for action on the field of battle, and Kamotz was not one to miss an opportunity to kill something. His inattention cost him, and the behemoth that was once a mast, batted at his flail allowing only one head of three to strike true.

Whiggins on the otherhand, had never lost sight of the real target, and had continued to creep toward Helsing whilst Kamotz daydreamed of dead stars. The Skeletons swung at Kamotz as he moved shrugging off the strikes. Whiggins began the howl of battle this time, and Kamotz joined moments later, the vocal threat settled over Helsing and his minions compelling them to silence the shifter. Kamotz takes an ineffective swipe at the Bonecrusher Skeleton, winding up for the real enemy.

Helsing looks over his ship, clearly annoyed that his precious skeletons are being blown apart by the heroes.

The giant skeleton that used to be the main mast has its tibia pulverized by Kuror. The tibia breaks in half as the skeleton staggers backwards, now balancing awkwardly on three quarters of a leg. The jagged pieces cause large rents in the deck. In response, the skeleton slams its bone club into Kruor, knocking the vampire backwards and off its feet.

After Ilarion's star blast damages his giant skeleton, Helsing comments, "No, that won't do at all."

He looks to the ghoul and commands it, "Silence him." Like a trained dog, the ghoul lopes along the deck toward the sorcerer. Ferociously, the ghoul closes the distance and strikes down the blind elf. Lauto's vengence bites the ghoul for ignoring his warrior's command.

The skeleton's descend upon the heroes. However, the skeletons miss Rabbit, Eloan and (amazingly, as the blades and bone club come at him from all sides) Kamotz.

Helsing himself ignores the paladin and creates a blast of cold and necrotic energy at the far end of the ship, sucking the life from Nathantiel and Hunzu.

[sblock= Round Summary]
Nathantiel: Hits BS1 for 10 damage and -5 all defenses TENT, destroys skeletons N-11, L-14

Illarion: His BS2 for 13 + vuln, destroys decrepit skeleton (N-19)

Hunzu: Magic Missile destroys 2 decrepit skeletons (M-6, N-17)

Eloan: 10 damage to BS2

Kamotz: Miss

Kruor: Hit BS1 for 16 + vuln, 4 damage, 16 + vuln

7 Rabbit: Miss

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim, from various lanterns hung around the ship

Water: Deep water, requires swimming check.
DC to climb back into boat is only 10 (athletics or acrobatics).

North end of boat is captain's quarters and the quarter deck above that (10 feet up. Door to captain's quarters is K7-L7.

Stairs to quarter deck and down to galley: N-O 8-9.

Map

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Nathantiel (D-10): 35/56 hp; HS 8/9; AP 2; Second Wind; Status:

Berry (D-9): 28/28 hp; Status:

Illarion (F-7): -3/39 hp; HS 6/7; AP 2; Second Wind; Status: +1 AC TENT, prone, unconscious, dying, immobilized (save ends)

Kamotz (G-H, 10-11): 34/45 hp; HS 7/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
(Whiggins 64/67 hp; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)

Hunzu (G-9): 12/32 hp; HS 6/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

7 Rabbit (H-8): 47/51 hp +13 THP; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: Armor or Agathis, concealment

Eloan (E-8): 51/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Kruor (F-10): 6/27 hp ; HS 3/2; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: prone
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

OA from skeleton 3 (H-16): miss even with Speed of the Dead bonus

OA from BS2: miss

DS: move to G-13.

S1: Move to N7. Attack vs. 7 Rabbit: miss due to concealment. Take 7 damage.

S2: Charge to I-13, attack Eloan: miss

S3: Move to J-17, attack Kamotz: miss

S4: Attack Kamotz: miss

BS1: Attack versus Kruor: Hit AC 25 for 26 damage. Kruor is pushed one and knocked prone. (typo in damage 26, not 36)

BS2: Attack versus Kamotz: miss

Ghoul: Move to N-14. Charge Ilarion: Crit. Hit Ilarion for 18 damage, and he is immobilized (save ends). Take 5 damage from divine challenge.

Helsing: Frostburn at J-8, area burst 2 vs Nathantiel, Berry, Huzu (fort): Hit Nathantiel and Hunzu, missed Berry: roll for 20 damage(cold/necrotic). Frostburn creates a zone that is considered difficulty terrain. Any creature that ends its turn in the zone takes 10 cold/necrotic damage. Take 5 damage from Divine Challenge.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]

Helsing: (K-22): Damage taken: 5, Divine Challenge, Used: Frostburn

Ghoul: (N-10): Damage taken: 5, Divine Challenge

Skeletons (S):
1 (N-7) Damage taken: 7 (on quarter deck)
2 (I-13)
3 (J-17): Divine Challenge
4 (J-20): Divine Challenge

Decrepit Skeletons (ds):
3 (G-13)

Bonecrusher Skeletons (BS):
1 (K-L 11-12) Damage taken -56, bloodied, cursed by 7 Rabbit, used Crushing Blow
2 (K-L 16-17) Damage taken -28, Divine Challenge, Used Crushing Blow

[/sblock]

GM: The heroes are up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient

Three magically propelled stones fly from the frosted area before Nate reappears and leaves the magical cold with Berry.

[sblock=OOC]

standard: magic stone vs L11 (BS), G13 and I 13
Push BS to MN 12/13 if hit
move: Nate to G10, Berry to G11

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 35 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 8 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 1/2, Seed of Healing (seed), Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads