Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I think this needs a bump. Still waiting on turns from [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION], [MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION] and [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION]

For those of you who missed it, Velmont got the killing blow on the bonecrusher skeleton 1.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarions eyes snap open and he quickly stands up.

Not being able to move closer to Helsing hurt, but seeing the big skeleton down cheers him up a bit.

He points his staff toward the ghoul, his armor shimmering to protect him from reflexive slash from the ghoul and multicolored bolt flies into it, splitting as it passes through it's mind. Burns remain and the bolt flies into the skeleton close to Kruor, then great skeleton, splits again blasting over and around the wolves, finally hitting lesser skeleton puttering out.

"See, that's how it's done! Not the power of the stars, but of the mind! And these skeletons, as opposed to that mindless beast are not absorbing the power."

[sblock=Actions]

Move: Stand up

Standard: Chaos bolt vs S (I13) Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=26, 1d10+12=18) - Illarion gets +1 AC TENT

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], if any of these misses, don't go into the next attack. Bolt flies along as long as it hits with even number (that's why it doesn't fly off Helsing)
EDIT: Just realized there is Ghoul next to Illarion. Would you be so kind and move all attacks by one up so primary attack goes into ghoul, second to I13, third into BS and fourth and final into J17, not catching Helsing at all?

Chaos bolt secondary vs BS Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=20, 1d6+7=11)

Chaos bolt secondary vs S (J17) Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=20, 1d6+7=9)

Chaos bolt secondary vs Helsing Will; psychic damage (1d20+8=21, 1d6+7=9)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: doing Rabbit's turn...

"I disagree. Against undead, willful or not, the power of the stars is the best as they are vulnerable to it. Now, Hunzu, would you mind coming closer to me so the skeleton remains blocked out?" comments the dwarf as he points up with his hammer and shaft of starlight lightens around the skeleton leaving barely visible wall in front of it threatening to burn it some more if it moves closer to the warlock.

He then moves off the boat and takes the position behind the ghoul, helping Illarion finish it.

[MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION], move Hunzu so that Skeleton in N7 needs to come on square down (get closer to 7Rabbit if it wants to attack you)
[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Curse skeleton, gains +2 to all defenses against the skeleton
Standard: Dire radiance vs S (N7) Fort; radiant damage; curse damage; secondary radiant damage (1d20+8+1+2=30, 1d6+7=8, 1d6=2, 1d6+4=5) - too bad about minimum damage :( takes OA from the skeleton for the attack

if skeleton moves closer to 7Rabbit on it's next turn it takes additional 5 radiant damage and 6 curse damage
Curse damage on the skeleton for secondary damage (1d6=6)

Move: O11, avoiding OA from the ghoul via O8 and P column - gain shadowwalk concealment,
on the start of the ghouls turn the ghoul takes
Cold damage from Armor of Agathis (1d6+4=5)

[/sblock]
[sblock=7 Rabbit]

Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 47/51 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse

Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness

Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon

Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1

[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: Things aren't going well IRL (they're actually really really bad right now) so I suppose I'll just post a summary of actions.
Standard: Taste of Life @ whatever that can't hit back
Free: Warforged Resilience
Move: Somewhere safe

I haven't even read the other player's actions so...yeah.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu staggers as the blast of deathly cold slams into Hunzu. The cold causes great cracks to rupture throughout Hunzu's crystalline body. Hunzu looks down upon his hand as he stretches it out and contracts it. He examples the cracks in his body never having been this bad injured off of one blow. After a silent most in time. Hunzu is awakened by the calling of his name by Rabbit. Looking over to the dwarf he silently nods to him before he raises his hand and blasts Helsing with a bolt of per force. Hunzu strides forwards on the wicked looking ship. As he does so he sweeps his polearm through the air off to his right. The casual movement disputes the foundation of reality itself warping the air nearby causing two of the skeletons to go sailing through the air towards the sea itself. Hunzu pauses for a moment in attempt to control the large beast of a skeleton with his mind.*

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Magic Missile
-Target: Helsing (K22)
-Effect: 6 FORCE damage.

Move: Move to N13.

Standard: Beguiling Strands
-Target: Close Blast 5 (Skeleton (I13)/Skeleton (J17)/Bonecrusher Skeleton (L17))
-Attack: +5 vs. Will (Hit; 24/Hit; 18/Miss; 13)
-Damage: 4 PSYCHIC damage.
-On Hit: Skeleton (I13) is pushed to D13.
-On Hit: Skeleton (J17) is pushed to E22.
-On Hit: Bonecrusher Skeleton (L17) is pushed to F-G21-22.

Action Point: Charm of Misplaced Wrath
-Target: Bonecrusher Skeleton (L17)
-Attack: +5 vs. Will (Miss; 14)
-Effect: Bonecrusher Skeleton (L17) is slid to L-M21-22.
-Effect: Bonecrusher Skeleton (L17) is Dazed until the end of Hunzu’s next turn.
-Effect: Bonecrusher Skeleton (L17) makes a melee basic attack against Helsing (K22), with a +2 power bonus to the damage roll.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 3
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 12/32, Temp HP: 10
Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 6/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [X]
Call of the Night Winds [ ]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [X]
Ebony Razors [ ]
Glorious Presence [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Shield [ ]
Suggestion [X]

Grease [ ]
Strategist’s Epiphany [X]
Wizard’s Fury [X]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
posting... checking status... preparing turn... executing turn... rolling... ... ... ... !

The howl dies down, and Kamotz settles into a low growl, a threat of death on Helsing. Whiggins closed the distance between Helsing and the pair of wolves quickly, while Kamotz wound up with both hands to deliver a crushing blow. The shifter attacked frantically, often overextending in his attempt to connect with Helsing, leaving himself open and straining his muscles beyond their limits. The three heads of his flail spun viciously, whirring passed Helsing several times as Kamotz pressed the assault.

[sblock=Actions]

Minor Divine Challenge Helsing

Move Adjacent to Helsing, THIS MAY CAUSE OA @FourMonos

Free take Triple-Headed Flail in both hands

Standard Blood of the Mighty on Helsing
17 vs AC
22 damage

Effect: Kamotz takes 5 damage

AP (gain +2 all defenses, thanks Velmont/Eloan)
Standard Heedless Fury
12 vs AC (Natural 1) Full on whiff, catching air, just leaving himself open. *shakes head*
26 damage

Effect: Kamotz take -5 penalty to all defenses TENT

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +2 Passive Insight 23 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
HP 29/45; TempHP 0; Bloodied 22; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC (18)23 Fortitude (14)17 Reflex (11)16 Will (15)18 (Lower as shield is unequipped, -5 TENT HF, +2 TENT AP)
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 0
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word,Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Death Surge, Shining Symbol
Daily: Blood of the Mighty, Avenging Flame
Consumable; Fey Step Potion, Unguent of Darkvision, Vial of Darkness

Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
HP 64/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
+10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: @treex I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope everything is on the mend. Don't worry about the game, it will be here until you get back! Good luck with whatever is going on.

Three magically propelled stones fly from the frosted area before Nate reappears and leaves the magical cold with Berry.

Eloan hide behind his shield as the skeleton charge him. He then spot Illarion who fall unconscious. "NO ONE has ever felt down during my watch! It won't start tonight." Even filled with fear, he decides that he WILL prove to everyone his value. He suddenly disappears to reappear near the giant skeleton. "Illarion, I know you hear me, it's no time to sleep, we need you! You CAN overcome that pain! You are no coward, you are an hero!"

"And you..." Eloan swings his sword. Even with his frail stature, he got all the powered and prowess of a veteran swordsman and strike at the skeleton, some bone flying around. But as he see it still standing and having seen Kruor get almost killed in one blow, Eloan suddenly realize what he has done. "Oh gods..." Fearing the giant skeleton wrath, Eloan raise his shield and hide behind it, closing his eyes. He feels bones striking the shield and an heavy weight, but that was a strange blow. It suddenly stop and Eloan dare to look. He see the giant skeleton in pieces in front of him. He raise his shield "For Daunton!"

Illarions eyes snap open and he quickly stands up. Not being able to move closer to Helsing hurt, but seeing the big skeleton down cheers him up a bit. He points his staff toward the ghoul, his armor shimmering to protect him from reflexive slash from the ghoul and multicolored bolt flies into it, splitting as it passes through it's mind. Burns remain and the bolt flies into the skeleton close to Kruor, then great skeleton, splits again blasting over and around the wolves, finally hitting lesser skeleton puttering out.

"See, that's how it's done! Not the power of the stars, but of the mind! And these skeletons, as opposed to that mindless beast are not absorbing the power."

"I disagree. Against undead, willful or not, the power of the stars is the best as they are vulnerable to it. Now, Hunzu, would you mind coming closer to me so the skeleton remains blocked out?" comments the dwarf as he points up with his hammer and shaft of starlight lightens around the skeleton leaving barely visible wall in front of it threatening to burn it some more if it moves closer to the warlock. He then moves off the boat and takes the position behind the ghoul, helping Illarion finish it.

*Hunzu staggers as the blast of deathly cold slams into Hunzu. The cold causes great cracks to rupture throughout Hunzu's crystalline body. Hunzu looks down upon his hand as he stretches it out and contracts it. He examples the cracks in his body never having been this bad injured off of one blow. After a silent most in time. Hunzu is awakened by the calling of his name by Rabbit. Looking over to the dwarf he silently nods to him before he raises his hand and blasts Helsing with a bolt of per force. Hunzu strides forwards on the wicked looking ship. As he does so he sweeps his polearm through the air off to his right. The casual movement disputes the foundation of reality itself warping the air nearby causing two of the skeletons to go sailing through the air towards the sea itself. Hunzu pauses for a moment in attempt to control the large beast of a skeleton with his mind.*

The howl dies down, and Kamotz settles into a low growl, a threat of death on Helsing. Whiggins closed the distance between Helsing and the pair of wolves quickly, while Kamotz wound up with both hands to deliver a crushing blow. The shifter attacked frantically, often overextending in his attempt to connect with Helsing, leaving himself open and straining his muscles beyond their limits. The three heads of his flail spun viciously, whirring passed Helsing several times as Kamotz pressed the assault.

*Kruor stands slowly after the blow from the skeleton giant. His body is fueled by the marrow blood of the bonecrusher, the mechanical pieces start to knit themselves back together. The warforged vampire eyes flash in various colors, trying to entice the ghoul away from the sorcerer, but the ghoul is fully under the command of Helsing.

[sblock=Kruor's actions]
Free: Regenerate 2 HP at start of turn.
Movement: Stand.
Standard: Dark Beckoning vs. ghoul: miss

GM: I did not use Warforged Resolve due to the regeneration inherit to the vampire class and the large THP received from Eloan. I also went with ranged attack over charge attack due to the low overall hit points. I would appreciate if someone could NPC Kruor until he is able to return.

[/sblock]

Hunzu's influence over time and space whips the skeletons backward. One of them grabs the rail before going over the edge and it falls to the deck. The second is not so lucky and goes over into the water.

Helsing seems really put out. "Do you idiots know how long it will take to get those bones off the bottom of this bay! Finish them off!"

At his command, the skeletons and ghoul attack furiously. The skeleton from the quarter deck closes with Ilarion, but the blind elf misses his swing. The skeleton takes further damage from 7 Rabbits spell. The skeleton that grabbed the railing picks itself up and charges Eloan, making a savage cut on the Eladrin.

The remaining bone giant also closes on the eladrin, it's club smashing heavily to the deck. Eloan feels the off his shield, but is not seriously injured from the attack.

The ghoul continues to follow his goal and slashes the sorcerer again. The ghoul's necrotic touch permeates his muscles, making it impossible for him to move.

Kamotz is close enough to see that the damage caused by Hunzu's attack slowly close over and start to heal. At the same time, Kamotz feels his strength being drained by his proximity to Helsing. The muscle fatigue allows the skeletal figure to dodge Kamotz's attacks.

[sblock=CaBaNa] Helsing is emitting a necrotic aura which damages you when you enter it. [/sblock]

Helsing laughs at Kamotz, "You seem intent on pursuing your death, paladin." He steps back from the reach of the flail and blasts Kamotz with deathly chill. The chill not only further slows him, but the ice forms on his body, locking him in place.

The last skeleton takes advantage of Kamotz's immobility, slashing deeply into the shifter. With the last blow, the sturdy paladin falls.

[sblock= Round Summary]
Nathantiel: Hits last decrepit skeleton, destroying it. Hit BS1 for 10 damage and pushing it one square. Miss skeleton 2.

Eloan: 14 damage to BS1, heal Ilarion, all allies gain 10 THP and +1 defenses until end of encounter.

Illarion: Hits ghoul, skeleton 2, BS-2, and skeleton 3. @Neurotic you forgot to roll your save vs. immobilized: Made it

Hunzu: Magic Missile Helsing, Hit Skeleton 2 and Skeleton 3 with Beguiling Strands, misses BS-2. AP: Misses BS-2.

Kamotz: Miss, take 5 damage. AP: Miss, -3 defenses TENT

Kruor: Miss

7 Rabbit: Hit skeleton 1 for 10 + vuln

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim, from various lanterns hung around the ship

Water: Deep water, requires swimming check.
DC to climb back into boat is 10 (athletics or acrobatics).

North end of boat is captain's quarters and the quarter deck above that (10 feet up. Door to captain's quarters is K7-L7.

Stairs to quarter deck and down to galley: N-O 8-9.

Map

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Nathantiel (D-10): 35/56 hp +10 THP; HS 8/9; AP 2; Second Wind; Status: +1 defenses

Berry (D-9): 28/28 hp + 10 THP; Status: +1 defenses

Illarion (F-7): 12/39 hp; HS 5/7; AP 2; Second Wind; Status: +1 AC TENT, +1 defenses, immobilized (save ends)

Kamotz (G-H, 10-11): -8/45 hp; HS 7/9; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: +1 defenses, immobilized (save ends), prone, unconscious, dying
(Whiggins 64/67 hp +10 THP; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)

Hunzu (G-9): 12/32 hp +10 THP; HS 6/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: +1 defenses

7 Rabbit (H-8): 47/51 hp +13 THP; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +1 defenses, Armor or Agathis, concealment

Eloan (E-8): 34/51 hp; HS 9/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Kruor (F-10): 8/27 hp +10 THP ; HS 3/2; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: +1 defenses

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

OA from skeleton 1 (N-7) vs 7 Rabbit: Hit AC 20 for 9 damage. That actually misses due to concealment (previous turn)/improved defenses.

OA from BS2 vs Kamotz: Hit AC 22 for 13 damage. Hits despite +1 to defenses.

OA from S4 vs. Kamotz: Miss.

Save for Skeleton 2: 19, it falls prone on the edge of the boat at G-13
Save for Skeleton 3: 7, fail, pushed to E-22

S1: Move to N8. Take 5 radiant damage + vuln. Attack vs. Ilarion: miss.

S2: Stand, charge to K-13, attack Eloan: Hit AC 28 for 11 damage. Eloan is also marked TENT.

S3: Athletics: swim to boat, climb on boat. Now at G-20

S4: Shift to K-19. Attack Kamotz: Miss AC 21 (thanks to Eloan) Edit: correction due to -3 AC, the skeleton hits for 13 damage, Kamotz is unconsicous!

BS2: Crushing Blow recharge: yes. Move to L-M 15-16, Greatclub attack versus Eloan: Hit AC 25 for 6 damage. (forgot about recharge until after I rolled the attack roll)

Ghoul: Start of turn, take 5 damage. Shift to M-10. Attack vs. Ilarion: hit AC 28 for 12 damage and Ilaron is immobilized (save ends)

Helsing: Frostburn recharge: yes. Shift to L-23. Deathchill bolt vs. Kamotz (reflex): Hit reflex 28 for 7 damage. Kamotz is immobilized (save ends)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]

Helsing: (K-22): ?AC ?F ?R ?W

Damage taken: 6, Divine Challenge, Used: Frostburn

Ghoul: (N-10): ?AC ?F ?R 16 W

Damage taken: 28

Skeletons (S): ?AC 15 F ?R 15 W

1 (N-7) Damage taken: 25 (on quarter deck stairs), bloodied, cursed by 7 Rabbit.
2 (I-13) Damage taken: 15
3 (G-20): Damage taken: 13
4 (K-19):

Decrepit Skeletons (ds):

Bonecrusher Skeletons (BS): 22 AC ?F 19 R 17 W

2 (L-M 15-16) Damage taken 37, Crushing Blow: recharged, bloodied

[/sblock]

GM: Heroes are up!

Last edited:

Neurotic

Neurotic

Illarion smiles grimly.
"I would, 7 Rabbit, but this one is holding me tight. Let's see what my power says about that."

Illarion changes to Helsing for a barest of moments, while 7 Rabbit is right behind the ghoul, so he cannot see the change.
"TURN AWAY!" he whispers intensely into the ghouls face and it flinches back from it's masters face.

Illarion tears into the ghoul with his multicolored bolt which doesn't split into enemies this time, but back into Illarion. He shudders for a moment and then proclaims
"No, my power says I stay put. Now to see if my mind can overcome the paralyzation of a ghoul touch." He focuses and his legs relax.

"Much better. I'm coming, 7 Rabbit."

[sblock=Actions]
Minor for changeling trick (25 assuming ghoul doesn't have such insight) and grants CA to Illarion TENT
Standard: Bluff for Changeling trick; Chaos bolt vs Ghoul Will; psychic damage (1d20+14=25, 1d20+8+2=17, 1d10+12=17)- ODD, Illarion makes Save vs Immobilize (1d20=9)

EoT: Save vs Immobilize (1d20=16)
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Kamotz, Watch Out!" shouts Eloan as Kamotz pass next to the Bone Crusher. Kamotz raise his shield and block teh blow and then swing his flail at the Bone Crusher, destroying a few ribs.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Immediat Interupt: As Kamtoz is hit by an AoO from the Bone Crusher, Eloan trigger Powerful Warning, giving a +5 power bonus to defense (doesn't stack with Bastion of Defense, but it is enough to make the attack miss).

Kamotz MBA vs AC on BS2 (1d20+11=27, 1d10+5=9)

Result:
Bone Crusher takes an extra 9 damages and Kamotz didn't take 13 damages from the AoO.

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], please confirm everything is right.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases