Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

Velmont

First Post
Eloan see the Necromancer stand back. "That's it, be scared of us!" He then hear the deathly blast summoned by the Necromancer. As he turns around to see what happen, he find a ghoul standing just behind him. "Ah! Kamotz!"

The shifter quickly react and swing his flail at the ghoul who expected Kamotz reaction and dodge it easily.

Eloan stands back in fear and when he sees the Ghoul attention is toward Kamotz, Eloan turns around and see the Necromancer standing in front of him, looking at Eloan with disgust. "Humph..." Eloan takes control of his nerves and tells to the Necromacer. "Banish your foul creature and no more harm will come to you."

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]
Eloan
Standard: Commander's Strike

Kamotz
Free: Kamotz MBA vs AC on Ghoul3 (1d20+11=12, 1d10+11=20)

Eloan
Move: Shift to O12[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players and DM]@.Players: When you use an Action Point:

Insigthful Presence: When any ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action, that ally gains +2 to all defenses until the start of his or her next turn.

@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power on initiative.

Battlefront Shift
(No Action * Close Burst 3)
Target: You or one ally in the burst
Effect: The target shifts half his or her speed.

@.Players: Anyone who make a basic attack can declare he use this power. It can be use only once per encounter. First come first serve.

Overwhelming Force Trap
(Immediate Intterupt * Close Burst 3)
Target: The triggering ally
Trigger: An ally in the burst makes a melee basic attack
Effect: The target uses one of his or her melee at-will attack powers instead of making a melee basic attack. If the attack hits, the subject of the target’s attack is also dazed until the end of the target’s next turn.

@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Eloan might use these powers. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Powerful Warning
(Immediate Interrupt * Close Burst 5)
Target: The triggering ally in the burst
Trigger:
1) An ally is hit by an attack within 5 squares.
2) The ally is hit by less than 5 over the attacked defense.
3) The enemy that hit is not a minion
4) The ally have a good melee basic attack and is within melee reach of the attacker
OR the ally is bloodied
OR the attack stun (assuming Eloan is aware of the effect).
Effect: The target gains a +5 power bonus to all defenses against the attack. The target can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action. If the target of the melee basic attack is standing next to Eloan, the ally get +1 to hit and +2 to damage.

Longsword of Defense (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) Eloan takes damage from a melee attack that hits him.
2) Eloan takes over 20 damages.
Effect: You take only half of the damage.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Eloan's Stats]Eloan
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 13 Passive Perception 20; Low-light Vision
HP 51/51; 0 THP; Bloodied 25; Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 10/10
AC 25 Fortitude 17 Reflex 20 Will 20
Defenses: +2 defenses vs AoO
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 vs. Charm
Resitance: Resist All 1
Speed 5
Action Point: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack Longsword of Defense +7 vs AC 1d8 damage

Skills Arcana +9, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +14, Heal +8, History +14, Intimidate +12, Perception +10
Languages Common, Elven

Powers

[ ]Commander's Strike
[ ]Direct the Strike

[ ]Fey Step
[ ]Noble Presence
[X]Battlefront Shift
[2]Inspring Word
[ ]Powerful Warning
[ ]Overwhelming Force Trap

[ ]Bastion of Defense
[ ]Destructive Surprise
[ ]Heroic Effort (Warlord)
[ ]Stand Tough

[ ]Bracers of Mental Might [E]
[ ]Amulet of Seduction [D]
[ ]Battleforged Shield [D]
[ ]Longsword of Defense [D]
[/SBLOCK]

treex

First Post
The ghouls clumsy assaults miss Kruor completely. Kruor yellow eyes grow brighter, his shock growing as he takes in the details of the ghoul engaging him.

"No! Go away!" Kruor cried. He instinctively swipes at the ghoul with his syringe-fingers, taking a large chunk of it's flesh away. Blood starts sputtering out of it's now exposed lungs, showering Kruor in a mist of red. The ghoul was still a fresh body, though it's blood seems to have turned thicker from clotting. The ghoul stumbles back from the immediate danger.

"Oh no. What me do this time..." Kruor mutters to himself as he backs away from the ghoul, trying to distance himself and clear his mind. But his efforts were fruitless. Kruor's eyes flashed a wild green, blinking on and off rapidly like a strobe light.

"ROOT PROGRAMMING BOOTING. SUCCESSFUL. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: SECURE BLOOD SUPPLY. SECONDARIES: MINIMIZE DAMAGE TO BLOOD RETRIEVAL UNIT {KRUOR}, SUSTAIN AND PROCURE NECESSITIES FOR BLOOD RETRIEVAL UNIT {KRUOR}."

His eyes stopped flashing, but still green. "No! Override! Kruor override system! Kruor is user!"

"OVERRIDE UNSUCCESSFUL. INITIATING BLOOD RETRIEVAL MANUEVUEeeerrss..."

"Override!" Kruor started yelling. "OVERRIDE! OVERRIDE, OVERRIDE, OVERRIDE!"

"OVERRIDE UNSUCCESSFUL. INITITII-I-I-I..."

As Kruor struggled against himself, one part held himself back while the other attempted to massacre everything in sight. In the end, Kruor did a mighty leap towards the ghoul but missed wildly.

[sblock=Actions] Standard = Vampire Slam@Ghoul 2: 23 vs Reflex, 16 damage. G2 is pushed one sq away (O4).
Free = Blood Drinker: 3 extra damage to Ghoul 2
Move = Walk to L4
Action Point = Charge Attack, Vampire Slam as MBA@Ghoul 2: 8 vs Reflex, 10 damage (+1 for Charge Attack, not included)[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Block]Kruor - Robot Vampire 1(reskinned Warforged)
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18, Fort: 13, Ref: 14, Will: 14
Initiative: +4; Speed: 6
HP: 27/27, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 3/2

Powers:
Dark Beckoning
Taste of Life
Vampire Slam

Blood Drinker [X]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Surprise Strike [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Action Point [X]

Swarm of Shadows [ ]
[/sblock]
OOC: Summary:
-Kruor is now at N4
-Ghoul 2 is now at O4
-Kruor spends his Action Point (thus gaining +2 to all defenses TENT)
-Kruor gains a healing surge
-Kruor deals 19 damage to Ghoul 2 (29 if second attack hits, a man can hope)

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Hunzu, Illarion, finish this sack of bones! Let us make a graveyard from this courtyard! the shifter slobbers with excitement, You are wise in battle Eloan, but I make no promise of mercy. This will end faster if we just kill everything, and let the priests ask questions of their corpse. the shifter finishes the sentence as he catches sight of Kruor's display YES! See... Corey has the idea!

OOC: someone please drop S5 Kamotz has a planned immediate reaction.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"That's no way to treat your workers!" Rabbit yells at the necromancer, offended by his tirade. He moves a few steps closer to the nearest skeleton and addresses it directly. "You have rights, you know! Just because the dead work cheaper than the living doesn't mean they can be mistreated! Stand up for your rights! Throw off the chains of the necromantic capitalist oppressor! Rise up! Figuratively this time!" The skeleton ignores him and reaches out a bony hand to clutch at his throat; Rabbit obliterates it with a hasty two-handed swing.

He whirls to face the ghoul. "What about you? Are you more willing to..." He is cut off as the ghoul lunges for him, and he sighs and blasts it with eldritch force.

[sblock=Actions]
someone please drop S5 Kamotz has a planned immediate reaction.

On it!

Move: shift to J9 (I think that gives me flanking with Kamotz, since he occupies L11 - if not, I'll move to J10, drawing an OA from Ghoul 1)
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Skeleton 5
Standard: Melee basic attack on Skeleton 5 (with +2 from combat advantage)

That should kill it, and give me a +2 bonus from Fate of the Void. Unless Kamotz's immediate action invalidates his:

AP: Eldritch Blast on Ghoul 1, invoking an OA (hopefully suckering it into triggering the mark; don't forget I sill have concealment until the end of my turn). Hits Reflex 22 (including the +1 from Prime Shot, and +1d6 damage from Warlock's Curse), for 14 damage

I also gain +2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn for using an AP with Insightful Presence.

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION]: Did the ghoul have any radiant vulnerability? If so it should have taken extra damage both times I used Dire Radiance. (Just checking, in case I should switch back to using it...)

Also, I can't remember and my books aren't handy: can I choose to add the +2 from Fate of the Void after a roll, or do I need to do it before?
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 1820 Fort: 1719 Ref: 1719 Will: 1618
HP: 36/51 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 0
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Fate of the Void bonus: +2

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness
Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu moves once again into a better position. He slams his polearm into the ground. Another eruption of power twists reality sending his enemies slamming into the back wall.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to M8

Standard: Beguiling Strands
-Target: Close Blast 5 (Wight 1 (K12)/Ghoul 3 (N10)/Necromancer 1 (O13))
-Attack: +5 vs. Will (Hit; 16/Hit; 20/Miss; 6; Natural 1)
-Damage: 4 PSYCHIC damage. (4 PSYCHIC damage) (Wight 1 takes 4 PSYCHIC damage/ Ghoul 3 takes 4 PSYCHIC damage)
-On Hit: Wight 1 is pushed to L13. (From K12)
-On Hit: Ghoul 3 is pushed to N13. (From N10)[/sblock]

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 3
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 17/32, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 8/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [X]
Call of the Night Winds [ ]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [X]
Ebony Razors [ ]
Glorious Presence [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Shield [ ]
Suggestion [ ]

Grease [ ]
Strategist’s Epiphany [ ]
Wizard’s Fury [ ]
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry FourMonos. I didn't want to push anything last turn.

Also you have the Necromancers attack that hit Hunzu as a Close Burst 2 attack. That's 2 squares around the caster as the center. It wouldn't reach Hunzu in that position. Or was it a typo, and it was a Ranged Burst 2 attack?

OOC: Just so I have it in the future. I need to know whom is ok with being shot through, and whom is not. Hunzu has large Blast spells and can't get them off without firing through some of his allies as well. It's either that or waiting in turn until Hunzu goes then go after him. So that he doesn't catch you in his blasts.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Everything in this post happens before Darksteed's post above.

As Rabbit obliterates the skeleton, Kamotz rejoins Whiggins in the baleful howl, the two never pausing simultaneous; so as to create one continuous note. The mournful dirge warps the air, rattling the bones of the pair's enemies, filling their allies with vigor and purpose. One of the Ghouls literally catches ablaze during the war-cry, Kamotz holy symbol attempting to cremate the creature.

[sblock=Immediate Reaction]

Death Surge close burst 3 (L10 origin) enemies only

Trigger: a creature (S-5) in the burst drops to 0 HP

28 vs fort G-1 CRIT Takes an extra 4 fire damage from implement property and an extra 4 fire damage in Crit dice. Takes 16 total damage half psychic half fire.
27 vs fort G-3 HIT 8 psychic damage
21 vs fort W-1 HIT 8 psychic damage
18 vs fort Nec ?

Effect: Kamotz and each ally in the burst (NA, 7R, H, E) gain +2 power bonus to attack rolls TE Kamotz NT, and also gains 5 temporary hit points.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Hunzu is an Enchanter Mage. He gets +2 squares of movement to all Push, Pull, Slide effects from Enchantment keyword powers. So with Beguiling Strands, he can push creatures up to 5 squares.

Either way I only pushed the Ghoul 3 squares, and the Wight 1 square.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Just so I have it in the future. I need to know whom is ok with being shot through, and whom is not. Hunzu has large Blast spells and can't get them off without firing through some of his allies as well. It's either that or waiting in turn until Hunzu goes then go after him. So that he doesn't catch you in his blasts.

I'm ok with being fired through as long as I'm not bloodied, or when I have temp hp. (I was gonna say, "As long as I have concealment," but I don't think that affects area attacks.)
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient

Nate feels both his and Berry's life drained, but continues his conjuration to bring down the skeletons. One of his stones flies farther, heading at the ghoul Kruor is fighting.

[sblock=OOC]
not yet approved

standard: Magic Stone at G-2, S-1 and S-2
no OA because of staff expertise

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 41 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing, Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-lightl Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 13 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0

Conditions: bloodied
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Darksteed]

OOC: Just so I have it in the future. I need to know whom is ok with being shot through, and whom is not. Hunzu has large Blast spells and can't get them off without firing through some of his allies as well. It's either that or waiting in turn until Hunzu goes then go after him. So that he doesn't catch you in his blasts.
OOC: Nate is usually not fine with being blasted by friendly fire, but he also tries to no be in the thick of melee. Berry is epically vulnerable as he has only my half HP.
Oh, and he has an unfriendly blast 5
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases