Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion groups his enemies for the next wave of attacks. Unfortunately, that means putting Eloan somewhat at risk, but hey, he's the guard, right? It's his job.

Fine mist flows from the fountain and envelops wight and ghoul drawing them deeper into Hunzu's zone and blasting their minds with chaotic power.

Illarion then moves closer to the happenings in preparation of his next spell if it shows necessary.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Mists of Disarray in O11 vs Will (G3; W2); psychic damage (1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=26, 1d8+12=19) - both are slid 4
G3 from N12 to N10
W12 from P12 to O10

Move: H11
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Yup. Ghoul 3 and Wight 1 and is dead. EDIT: misread Neurotic's post, thought he attacked Wight 1. Fixed.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit is startled when the ghoul rises next to him, and sighs in relief as it falls again. "No more of that!" he snarls at the wight. He plunges into the howling winds and is lost from view - a moment later, there is a flash of starry light and a loud thump.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Wight 1
Move: to M11 - entering the Night Winds zone slows me until end of my next turn. I also gain concealment from Shadow Walk.
Standard: MBA at Wight 1 (+2 for flanking, +3 for Fate of the Void, -5 for heavily obscured) - hits AC 29 for 14 damage. I'm going to assume that kills it, which resets my Fate of the Void bonus to +2

Note: if I can go first next turn, I can use Frigid Darkness on the other wight, which gives everyone CA and gives it a -3 AC. I thought it made more sense to take out this one first, though.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 36/51 + 5 thp Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 0
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Fate of the Void bonus: +2

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness
Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: Can I retcon my post to killing it and then look for a next target? Instead of shifting Kruor would like to move towards...whatever that has blood.

CaBaNa

First Post
*HRumph* Not smart enough to listen to the Rabbit. Whiggins circles the last wight, after Eloan created the opening to help finish the first, the pair pounce on the wight with killer instinct! Kamotz overextends himself in the follow through, but connects solidly with the undead creature, purposely leaving himself open for attack. Kamotz then salutes Eloan, You make a good Alpha. Lead on.

[sblock=Actions]

Move N11-O12 (circling to avoid OA)

Minor Divine Challenge Wight 2
Kamotz marks the target, The first time the target makes an attack that doesn't include Kamotz, it takes 2 radiant damage. If Kamotz doesn't attack the target, or finish his turn adjacent to it, this effect ends. Kamotz can use this power only once per turn.

Standard Heedless Fury
26 vs AC W2 (includes penalty from adjacent heavily obscured) HIT
19 damage and Kamotz takes -5 penalty to all defenses TENT

@Velmont , if this makes it another round, Kamotz will use your ability.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Readied Immediate]

Death Surge

Trigger: a creature w/in 3 of Kamotz is reduced to 0 HP.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Kamotz (Cleric|Paladin)
Initiative +2 Passive Insight 23 Passive Perception 21 Senses Low-Light
HP 31/45; TempHP 0; Bloodied 20; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 8/9
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Second wind; Not Used
Action point; 1
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Heedless Fury, Call of Challenge, Death Surge, Shining Symbol
Daily: Blood of the Mighty, Avenging Flame
Consumable; Fey Step Potion, Unguent of Darkvision, Vial of Darkness

Whiggins (Dire Wolf)
Initiative +7; Passive Perception +19, Insight +14; low-light vision
Resist 5 all damage while ridden (Impenetrable Barding)
HP 64/67; TempHP 0; Bloodied 33; Surge Value 16; Surges Per-Day 1/1
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8 (9 while ridden, riding boots)
Bite (standard, at-will) melee 1
+10 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, 3d8+4 damage vs a prone target, target falls prone if Whiggins has CA.
Pack Harrier; Whiggins gains CA against any enemy that has two or more allies adjacent to it.
Pack Hunter; (while mounted by a friendly rider with the mounted combat feat; at-will) Mount
Whiggins rider gains CA vs any enemy that is adjacent to an ally other than Whiggins.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The Temple Battle: Round 4

GM: @treex Since play order is by post order (with few exceptions) the ghoul died after your turn. Also... you don't know why they call you mechanic ;)

As the Wight show his hideous face, Eloan freeze in fear, unable to move. "Oh gods!" He step up as he feels the ghoul behind him. He barely have time to turn around and raise his shield. "Ah!" Eloan starts to look around but find his allies far behind him. He swings at the ghoul who easily block the blow, but it creates an opening and this time, Kamotz takes it without needing Eloan signal. "You learn fast, Kamotz."

*Hunzu moves back as the wight moves up to reveal his tainted visage. Though the shardsmind's mind is well shielded from such things. He strides forwards once again. He mind entering that of Eloan's. His voice empty and hollow sounding much like that of a faint echo.* "I would duck if I were you." *The voice within Eloan's mind stated. Hunzu lifted his polearm in both hands and began to spin it rapidly out in front of himself. Chilled winds began to pure out from the epicenter of his spinning polearm. The winds batter and clash against all those within the area slowing down there movement entirely.*

This time, Kruor lost most of the control over his body. He lunges out like a snake, his right arm's huge syringe catching the Ghoul straight in the abdomen. A light whirring could be heard as the pump on Kruor's back starts up, so light that if you didn't see the syringe filling up with blood, you probably wouldn't notice it.

Kruor hisses at the Ghoul, as he rips out the syringe from it, thick, black blood starts to trickle from the opening. The lines that were drawn all over his body starts to glow red and Kruor feels the invigoration of the somewhat low quality ghoul blood being digested into the energies that animates him. "SANGUINE CORE AT 26% EFFECTIVENESS. PLEASE SYNCHRONIZE SANGUINE CORE DURING MAINTENANCE, BLOOD RETRIEVAL UNIT {KRUOR}."

Nate continues his castings, flinging stones enchanted with elemental power in every direction.

Illarion groups his enemies for the next wave of attacks. Unfortunately, that means putting Eloan somewhat at risk, but hey, he's the guard, right? It's his job. Fine mist flows from the fountain and envelops wight and ghoul drawing them deeper into Hunzu's zone and blasting their minds with chaotic power.

7 Rabbit is startled when the ghoul rises next to him, and sighs in relief as it falls again. "No more of that!" he snarls at the wight. He plunges into the howling winds and is lost from view - a moment later, there is a flash of starry light and a loud thump.

*HRumph* Not smart enough to listen to the Rabbit. Whiggins circles the last wight, after Eloan created the opening to help finish the first, the pair pounce on the wight with killer instinct! Kamotz overextends himself in the follow through, but connects solidly with the undead creature, purposely leaving himself open for attack. Kamotz then salutes Eloan, You make a good Alpha. Lead on.

Kamotz can see the fire red orbs of the wight move backwards in the snow. As before, the beast roars out a cacophany of dark hatred that punishes his psych. Eloan is also affected by the blast and both of the heroes are pushed out of the cold.

The second wight, not smart enough to leave the blizzard, attacks the dwarf who just thumped it mightily. It can not see well enough to attack and misses badly.

[sblock=Player Actions]
Eloan: Commander's Strike vs W-1: hit for 15 damage.

Hunzu: Call of the Night Winds: Hit ghoul 3 and Eloan for 9 damage

Kruor: Hit Ghoul 2 for 8 damage.

Nate: Hit and killed Ghoul 1 and 2. Missed Wight 1 (due to obscurement).

Illarion: Hit ghoul 3, killing it, and W-2 for 19 damage

Rabbit: Hit Wight 1 for 14 damage.

Kamotz: Divine challenge. Hit Wight 2 for 19 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Wight 2: Horrific Visage recharge: yes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3311740/ Shift to P-11. Horrific Visage vs. Kamotz, Whiggins, 7 Rabbit, Eloan, Hunzu: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3311745/ Hit Kamotz, miss Whiggins, miss Rabbit, hit Eloan, miss Hunzu. Kamotz and Eloan take 7 damage and are pushed 3 squares.

Hmm. What happens when the rider but not the steed are pushed? Are both effected or just the rider (potentially dismounting him)? I'll ask one of our judges @Luinnar ! Map not fully updated yet.

Wight 1: Claws vs. 7 Rabbit: natural 1, miss http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3311756/
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim
Fountain: difficult terrain

Map: here [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Nathantiel (I-7): 5 THP 41/56 hp; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Berry (H-7): 13/28 hp; Status:
Illarion (H-11): 26/39 hp; HS 7/7; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kamotz (K-L, 11-12): 29/45 hp; HS 8/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: -5 defenses TENT
(Whiggins 64/67 hp; AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16)
Hunzu (L-7): 2 THP 17/32 hp; HS 8/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:
7 Rabbit (M-11): 5 THP 36/51 hp; HS 10/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Eloan (J-9): 40/51 hp; HS 10/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Kruor (N-4): 4 THP 27/27 hp; HS 3/2; AP 1 0; Second Wind; Status: +2 defenses TSNT [/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Necromancer:

Ghoul: 1, 2, 3

Wight 1 (M-10) Damage: 46

18 AC 17 F ?? R 15 W Status: bloodied

Wight 2 (P-12) Damage: 38

18 AC ??F ?? R 17 W Status: bloodied, divine sanction (Kamotz)

Skeleton x6
[/sblock]

GM: Just the issue of what happens to a rider when pushed, but the mount is not. If you're not blasting where Kamotz or Whiggins might be, then you guys are free to go.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
Kruor dashed off towards his next target, it's scent somewhat odd, yet almost familiar. But relying only on his sense of smell wasn't optimal, as most of the scent was blown off-course by the shardmind's batting winds.

[sblock=Actions]Move = Walk to J7
Standard Action = Charge Attack @ W1 (MISS)[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
-Kruor is now at L9
-That is all :<
-Walk to J7, Charge Attack Wight 1 but missed with a roll of 2

Note: If anyone wants to blast me, just blast me

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] Mounted Combat rules, allow the rider to bring their mount along if subject to forced movement. If they choose not to bring the mount, they are dismounted and fall prone in the destination space. Kamotz chooses to bring Whiggins along for the adventure.

Note to all: Kamotz and Whiggins don't mind being subject to friendly fire, so long as it doesn't stun or daze.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Hmm. What happens when the rider but not the steed are pushed? Are both effected or just the rider (potentially dismounting him)? I'll ask one of our judges @Luinnar ! Map not fully updated yet.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mounted]
Edit: Did not notice the ninja post!

Either they both move, or the rider is dismounted and pushed in the space and prone, riders choice (as per updated DMG rules) :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases