Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu ceases the spinning of his polearm which causes the chilling winds to calm themselves. He slams the butt end of his polearm down upon the ground, and raises his free hand. Power flashes across the area warping the area. Causing it to shift and distort once again. One of the Wights is sent flying. He then lifts his polearm from the ground and moves back. Simply brushing off his tux, and readjusting his top hat.*

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Beguiling Strands
-Target: Close Blast 5 (Wight 1 (M10)/Wight 2 (P11))
-Attack: +5 vs. Will (Hit; 24/Miss; 10)
-Damage: 4 PSYCHIC damage. (4 PSYCHIC damage)
-On Hit: Wight 1 (M10) is pushed to O12.

Move: Move to H3.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 3
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 17/32, Temp HP: 2
Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 8/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [X]
Call of the Night Winds [X]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [X]
Ebony Razors [ ]
Glorious Presence [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Shield [ ]
Suggestion [ ]

Grease [ ]
Strategist’s Epiphany [ ]
Wizard’s Fury [ ]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I don't know if I should be adjusting the damage I deal to the creatures, or if the DM is strictly doing so. I'm just leaving it alone until I know whom is doing it. Don't want to double the damage by having us both subtract, or doing no damage as no one added. Ha.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit is already turning away from the wight before he realizes that it didn't fall to his mighty swing. "Eek..." he gulps as his face turns pale. But before it can swipe at him again, Hunzu's blast sends it flying away from him. He takes advantage of the opening to duck away from it towards the fountain, with a yell of, "Thanks!" over his shoulder.

When he reaches the fountain he puts one hand on the lip and rolls his ungainly weight over the edge. He gasps as he hits the waist deep water that's been left freezing by the icy winds. Crouching behind the lip of the fountain for its meager cover, he raises his club and points it at the other weight. A tiny star shoots out the end and begins orbiting its head. The star seems to cast more shadow than light, though, and frost begins to form on the weights limbs as the darkness touches it. The frost melts away all too quickly, though.

[sblock=Actions]
That didn't kill Wight 1? Damn! Ok, well...

Move: move to P9 (activating Shadow Walk again)
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Wight 2
Standard: Frigid Darkness on Wight 2 (with +1 for Prime Shot; also, if Wight 1 died from Hunzu or Illarion's attack, I have a +2 Fate of the Void bonus which I'll add). Hits Fort 16 (18 if Wight 1 is dead) - if that hits, 21 cold damage, and Wight 1 grants Combat Advantage to all of us and has a -3 to AC until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 36/51 + 5 thp Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 0
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness
Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Battle of the Temple: Victory!

The heroes onslaught wins the day. The blind elf's star obliterates the first wight and severely injuries the red eyed monster. 7 Rabbit's final attack fells the last of the monsters.

The priests of Apoli, watching from inside the temple, rush out to thank the adventurers for helping save them.

One of the lesser acolytes then asks, "What about the barmaid from the Hanged Man? She was carried away by the ghoul... that way." He points to the east.

[sblock=xp]
6 level 3 minions (38xp) = 228 xp
3 level 3 ghouls (150xp) = 450 xp
1 level 4 wight = 175 xp
1 level 5 deathlock wight =200 xp
1 level 4 emerald claw necromancer = 175xp

Total: 1228 x2/7 = 350xp for that fight
[/sblock]

GM: A couple thoughts: First, that fight was too easy. The difficulty is going up, so be careful [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION].

Second, I'm going to extend the adventure from two encounters to three.

PM any feedback you feel necessary at this point.

Let me know your rest plans (healing surge use) before we start the next part of the adventure: Follow that ghoul!

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu tips his hat to the fleeing 7 Rabbit in regards to his cooment.*

OOC: Hunzu will need to spend 2 surges to get back to full hp value. Unless he gets some aid.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=xp]
6 level 3 minions (38xp) = 228 xp
3 level 3 ghouls (150xp) = 450 xp
1 level 4 wight = 175 xp
1 level 5 deathlock wight =200 xp
1 level 4 emerald claw necromancer = 175xp

Total: 1228 x2/7 = 350xp for that fight
[/sblock]
OOC: Approved, you have not earned a DM credit yet, sorry :)

treex

First Post
One of the lesser acolytes then asks, "What about the barmaid from the Hanged Man? She was carried away by the ghoul... that way." He points to the east.

After some snarling, Kruor calms down enough to start listening to people. It took a while but eventually he managed to understand what the acolyte was saying.

"Oh no, waitress-lady! Where she?! We must find her!" Kruor told the rest. A beeping starts resonating from within him..."SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE FOR SANGUINE CORE INITIATED."

The two cylinders on his back, which were half full of ghoul blood, are almost empty now. It's really hard to notice, but it seems like some scratches on Kruor's body have magically disappeared. The metal on some parts of his body are turning darker too.

"Um, we just no listen to the smart man inside Kruor. He meanie. He make Kruor do bad things sometimes." said Kruor.

OOC: I've only managed to hit once in the whole encounter. Can I at least hope for something that Kruor can do to make himself feel useful? Liiiiiike...um...uh...you know, something only a vampire robot can accomplish :D
Encounter was still fun though.

FourMonos

First Post
A light drizzle still falls over the square.

There is a huffing and puffing that comes from the northwest, where the heroes entered the square. Any concerns are immediately relieved when the group sees the old priest from the Hanged Man come rushing into the square.

"By Apoli's light! Is everyone okay?"

After a quick explanation of events, as the acolytes and priests were watching from inside, the priest approaches the party.

"You have done good this night, my friends."

He reaches up, which is hard because he is so much shorter, and grabs Kruor's head. He pulls him down until his head is even with his, his forehead touching the warforge's head.

"You have done good. Not well. Goodness. I see the struggle in you... designed for killing and maiming... struggling with your new consciousness. I can see it, my metal man... you... are... good."

He raises his index finger, which begins to glow in Apoli's white light. He gently touches the fingers to Kruor's head. Kruor suddenly feels a sensation of warmth and energy flow through him. The lines throughout his body glow in a fine white radiance.

"Go now," says the priest, "Save that girl."

[sblock=Apoli's Boon] Until the morning, Kruor gains the following benefits: +1 to all attacks, he gains 5 THP at every short rest, his attacks also gain the radiant keyword, he is immune to sunlight's effects on his body, he can shed a soft light that eminates for 5 squares (minor action, at will. also minor to stop the light)
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
He reaches up, which is hard because he is so much shorter, and grabs Kruor's head. He pulls him down until his head is even with his, his forehead touching the warforge's head.

"You have done good. Not well. Goodness. I see the struggle in you... designed for killing and maiming... struggling with your new consciousness. I can see it, my metal man... you... are... good."

He raises his index finger, which begins to glow in Apoli's white light. He gently touches the fingers to Kruor's head. Kruor suddenly feels a sensation of warmth and energy flow through him. The lines throughout his body glow in a fine white radiance.

"Go now," says the priest, "Save that girl."

"Kruor...uh...thank you, erm...holy...uh, man..." Kruor fumbles with his words, clearly not used to kindness. His eyes glow pink. "Your kindivity is much thank-ciated. But we must also...uhm, thank my, err...friends for their uniteameffort-idy and...stuff." at this point, Kruor is just mumbling made up words like 'cokinderation' and 'perservitude'.

When the attention on Kruor has mostly subsided, he mutters under his breathe:
[sblock]"Papa will be so proud..."[/sblock]
[sblock]"Actually, maybe not. Daddy no like holy man...uh oh..."[/sblock]

OOC: If the boon only lasts till morning, wouldn't the "being immune to sunlight" effect be moot, since there won't be any sunlight and when the sun rises my boon fades?
Also, Kruor didn't take any damage and he loses his extra, third surge. (Which would pop me to full regardless)

[sblock=2nd GM post in this thread said]
Once gathered, the group makes its way through the gloomy and drizzly night. Luckily the lights glowing from inside the buildings provides sufficient illumination for the group.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases