Proposal: Allow Dark Sun material

WEContact

First Post
I may be wrong about any one of these points, but I'm numbering them to facilitate discussion.

1. Dark Sun material has been disallowed because it doesn't fit the Transitive Isles setting.

2. Eberron and Forgotten Realms material is allowed (excepting dragonmarks, which are deemed overpowered).

3. Eberron and Forgotten Realms material is no less difficult to fit into the Transitive Isles setting than Dark Sun material is.

PROPOSED: Dark Sun-specific material (Themes, builds, races) be permitted for use, to be re-skinned as necessary (as usual).

BenBrown

First Post
I may be wrong about any one of these points, but I'm numbering them to facilitate discussion.

1. Dark Sun material has been disallowed because it doesn't fit the Transitive Isles setting.

2. Eberron and Forgotten Realms material is allowed (excepting dragonmarks, which are deemed overpowered).

3. Eberron and Forgotten Realms material is no less difficult to fit into the Transitive Isles setting than Dark Sun material is.

PROPOSED: Dark Sun-specific material (Themes, builds, races) be permitted for use, to be re-skinned as necessary (as usual).

Dark Sun material is in general allowed. IIRC, it was just the themes that weren't.

Since we've decided to allow themes in general, it probably wouldn't hurt to revisit that, although the Dark Sun themes are balanced a little differently than the later themes.

I don't think anything else from Dark Sun was blocked per se. There are a couple of Thri-Kreen wandering around, for example.

WEContact

First Post
Oh. Well,

MODIFIED PROPOSAL: Allow Dark Sun themes cause why not. They're less powerful than most other themes, so there's no balance issue.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
It's only Dark Sun themes that aren't allowed. I think 1/3 of PCs are going to have be Pack Outcasts from here on out anyway, so I don't think it matters if we brought Dark Sun themes in to compete for the other 2/3.

WEContact

First Post
I don't know, I think Sohei, Guardian, Fey Beast Tamer, and Order Adept are all better than Pack Outcast. Pack Outcast has really heavy fluff baggage and is only an optimal choice for melee builds that need/want CA but can't flank regularly for whatever reason (like my ChargeBarb) and don't have the feat space for something like Cunning Stalker (like a Prime Slayer/Called Shot Two Weapon Ranger).

But that's getting away from the topic. :p

BenBrown

First Post
Just checked the original "Dark Sunblock" thread.

What was banned:
Themes
Arcane Defiling
Free Wild Talents (feat is still available)

and anything with prerequisites relating to the above.

There was a separate proposal to ban Muls, but it failed, with the new fluff added that they come from the harsh deserts at one end of the Valley of Bone, and that they aren't necessarily hairless.

I don't think anyone really wants to allow arcane defiling, and I see no reason to give people free wild talents (with themes, 1st level characters have plenty of options), so it's pretty much just themes that are under debate.

WEContact

First Post
I don't think anyone really wants to allow arcane defiling, and I see no reason to give people free wild talents (with themes, 1st level characters have plenty of options), so it's pretty much just themes that are under debate.
Agreed. EDIT: Just realized that was a response to Luinnar and didn't require any kind of verification. :p

Remove ads