Hybrid View

Newshound
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Krug

[Trailer] The Hobbit

Here is the YouTube version as well:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc&feature=player_embedded]THE HOBBIT Trailer HD - YouTube[/ame]
    Come join and play with us at this year's Dragon*Con's MMORPG Track, info at: http://www.dc-mmo.org

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Relique du Madde
    They're singing.... they're singing... omg they are singing... does that mean this adaption has all the songs from the book?!?

-Sent via Tapatalk

EEeeeeeh!

So glad to be seeing this.

I had a hard time identifying a lot of this - seems they're changing any number of things around. Galadriel appearing at all is a big departure, presumably she's involved in Gandalf's side stuff with the Necromancer in the south of Mirkwood? It looked like there was a brief flash of a fight with the trolls, which seemed neat.

I wonder how far the first movie will go. I'm personally guessing it'll stop when Bilbo gets out of the Misty Mountains and rejoins his allies on the far side. That leaves Mirkwood, the Lonely Mountain, Smaug's death, and the Battle of Five Armies for the second movie. Hm. That seems like a lot, even for a three-hour movie.

The singing was interesting - I never thought of that song as being so slow. The dwarves seem a bit goofy-looking, and Thorin doesn't seem old enough to me - wasn't he one of the oldest, just after Balin? That's nitpicking, though. I'm certainly going to see this at least once in the theater, and am very excited about it.
    http://steeldraco.wordpress.com: Pathfinder and Savage Worlds blog

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Agamon
    Geekgasm!!

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Stormonu
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDraco View Post
    EEeeeeeh!

So glad to be seeing this.

I had a hard time identifying a lot of this - seems they're changing any number of things around. Galadriel appearing at all is a big departure, presumably she's involved in Gandalf's side stuff with the Necromancer in the south of Mirkwood? It looked like there was a brief flash of a fight with the trolls, which seemed neat.

I wonder how far the first movie will go. I'm personally guessing it'll stop when Bilbo gets out of the Misty Mountains and rejoins his allies on the far side. That leaves Mirkwood, the Lonely Mountain, Smaug's death, and the Battle of Five Armies for the second movie. Hm. That seems like a lot, even for a three-hour movie.

The singing was interesting - I never thought of that song as being so slow. The dwarves seem a bit goofy-looking, and Thorin doesn't seem old enough to me - wasn't he one of the oldest, just after Balin? That's nitpicking, though. I'm certainly going to see this at least once in the theater, and am very excited about it.
    Doesn't Gandalf get the ring of fire (Narnsel?) from Galadrel? I'm assuming that's part of the reason we see her, as well as fleshing out why they mourned him so at Lolthainen, as well as perhaps Legola's statement when they are in Lolthlainen "They say other things about him I cannot repeat".

Also, it looks like we are going to see a good bit of Gandalf's side of the story searching for the Necromancer. I noticed that when he was on the Weathertop-like structure, he was carrying Glamdring - obviously that scene occurs somewhere after the troll scene.
    "If it has stats, we can kill it." - T.G. Jackson, intro to 3rd ed Hackmaster

Homebrew 4E material | My campaign world - Amberos

SWEET, if the world ends on 12.21,2012 and I don't see this movie, I am going to be soooo pissed!
    Signature:
    All I need is minions and I would rule the world.

Links updated: 2010.Oct.23
    Threads to reference:

DM ADVICE ---Maps and Other Campaign Resources --

Quote Originally Posted by Stormonu View Post
    Doesn't Gandalf get the ring of fire (Narnsel?) from Galadrel? I'm assuming that's part of the reason we see her, as well as fleshing out why they mourned him so at Lolthainen, as well as perhaps Legola's statement when they are in Lolthlainen "They say other things about him I cannot repeat".
    Pretty sure Narya (the ring of fire) was given to Gandalf by Cirdan the Shipwright before he left Middle Earth.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Mercurius
    I can't wait to see what they do with Smaug, although it sounds like that won't be until the 2nd movie.

Hey, if this does well (which it will, of course) does anyone think we have a chance of seeing some kind of Silmarillion movie? Of course they can't do the whole thing, even in a trilogy, but they could theoretically do a series of movies.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Stormonu
    If there is money that can be made, bet on it.
    "If it has stats, we can kill it." - T.G. Jackson, intro to 3rd ed Hackmaster

Homebrew 4E material | My campaign world - Amberos

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast