The Hobbit Trailer

tecnowraith

First Post
Actually they are adding stuff in from other books and notes from Tolkien himself has written and his son published like short stories and the like that explained and tied a lot of stories in the Hobbit together. Like the Wizard's council was put in and was mention in short story.

Rune

Once A Fool
Doesn't Gandalf get the ring of fire (Narnsel?) from Galadrel? I'm assuming that's part of the reason we see her, as well as fleshing out why they mourned him so at Lolthainen, as well as perhaps Legola's statement when they are in Lolthlainen "They say other things about him I cannot repeat".

Pretty sure Narya (the ring of fire) was given to Gandalf by Cirdan the Shipwright before he left Middle Earth.

Mercurius

Legend
I can't wait to see what they do with Smaug, although it sounds like that won't be until the 2nd movie.

Hey, if this does well (which it will, of course) does anyone think we have a chance of seeing some kind of Silmarillion movie? Of course they can't do the whole thing, even in a trilogy, but they could theoretically do a series of movies.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I can't wait to see what they do with Smaug, although it sounds like that won't be until the 2nd movie.

Hey, if this does well (which it will, of course) does anyone think we have a chance of seeing some kind of Silmarillion movie? Of course they can't do the whole thing, even in a trilogy, but they could theoretically do a series of movies.

I think it is possible we could see "stories" from the Lord of the Rings, made up or based on stuff from the Silmarillion but I just don't see just a movie based on the Silmarillion.

By made up I mean, the story of Aragon, we know about him but they could work a good bit in before he shows up in the story.

Nate Jones

First Post
As far as inclusion of material from the Silmarillion and other stories, I do not foresee that happening, since Warner Brothers has the rights only to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. And if I recall, the Tolkien Estate (Christopher Tolkien) holds the rights to non-Hobbit, non-LotR material very close to chest, so any adaptation, film or otherwise, is probably out of the question. However, since Tolkien Enterprises, not Tolkien Estate, holds the rights to the Hobbit and LotR, we have seen a proliferation of adaptations of these works in recent years.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases