Charity Raffle!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
(Yes, this is cross-posted in General. It's okay to be shameless for charity.)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You may have seen me mention before - my wife will be walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in Boston this summer. Her team has set a fundraising goal of $10,000, and our efforts are now in full swing.

At Arisia, a sci-fi convention in Boston (on January 13-16) we'll be holding a fund-raising raffle, and you can buy tickets too!

Some of our prizes include:
  • A pdf prize pack from Bedrock Games
  • Autographed copies of 'Conqueror's Shadow' and 'Warlord's Legacy' by EN World's own Ari Marmell
  • Fine geekware by EN World's Bullgrit
  • A whole stack of stuff from Steve Jackson Games
  • More than 15 CDs of filk music from a variety of artists
  • Several pieces of fantasy and steampunk jewelry

And a couple of crowning glories:

• A an omakase dinner for two, with drinks from O Ya Restaurant - contemporary sushi, named best new restaurant outside NYC by the New York Times in 2008. Estimated value $350.
  • An autographed full print run of Girl Genius, personally donated by the authors and con's guests of honor, Phil and Kaja Foglio!

And more prizes are still coming in. If you've got a prize you'd like to donate, you still can! PM me!.

Ticket Prices:
1 ticket - $1
6 tickets - $5
13 tickets - $10
30 tickets - $20

Tickets can be purchased via Paypal*. Since Paypal does take a cut from each transaction, if you wish to pay via Paypal you do need to purchase a minimum of $10 in tickets.

If you want to purchase tickets, please leave a comment here or send a PM telling me how many tickets you are purchasing. Send paypal payments to arnis_public*at*comcast*dot*net.

If you'd just like to donate, and not mess around with charity raffles, please visit http://www.the3day.org/goto/drbecky2012

*Tickets may be purchased at the convention, of course. We can also take payment by check, though we'd require that your payment arrive before the convention - please PM me for details.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As I mentioned, new prizes are still coming in. Just before the holiday, we got a big box from Creative Mountain Games - copies of Lurch!, the zombie chess game, as well as several board and card games and books!

Many thanks for the generosity of Mark at Creative Mountain Games!

Others who wish to join CMG on our list of donors, please feel free to drop me a line.

Those who would like to purchase tickets, please see the OP for details.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
As I mentioned, new prizes are still coming in. Just before the holiday, we got a big box from Creative Mountain Games - copies of Lurch!, the zombie chess game, as well as several board and card games and books!

Many thanks for the generosity of Mark at Creative Mountain Games!

Others who wish to join CMG on our list of donors, please feel free to drop me a line.

Those who would like to purchase tickets, please see the OP for details.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, this is a worthy cause and I am glad to be on board with the many who are helping provide prizes for the raffle. I hope EN Worlders will pick up some raffle tickets or just donate directly via the options in the OP above.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, our raffle is now just a week away. Those who wish to buy tickets, please contact me before the weekend (the 13th, 14th, and 15th), as I may not get your orders in time once I am at the convention!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, now that the immediate rush of news has past...

I remind folks that they've got just a couple of days left to buy raffle tickets. Once we are at the con, if I check e-mail I might get your order in time for drawing on Sunday, but I might not, and that would be sad.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases