Dear Mike & Monte

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
My personal wish list:

There should be at least one obviously overpowered class in the PHB. I just can't take another 3.0 "monk LOL overpowered" debate.

I want a White Raven with an onslaught power in the first MM.

Full list of playtesters in the PHB or on the website.

More cryptic phrases: BAB / THAC0 / FORT / REF / OA - that's something any D&D edition needs.

A new ridiculous double weapon. Maybe with a chain attached somewhere.

A race or culture that people can accuse of being goth / emo / gothemo / adolescent.

Something that seems to stem from an influence a sizeable (or at least vocal) majority dislikes. In the past we've got Anime & MMOs, so my ideas are:

- Riverdance-inspired combat stances.

- A hordeling-nation based on the flashmob-phenomenon.

- The FR nation of Sembia as an allegory for the banking crisis.

- Power suites aquired by switching robes and skirts (similar to FF X-2).

- Power globes that gain XP, level up and can be inserted into weapons and armor.

I want a new setting that leaks some easily-misinterpreted details a couple of days before being unveiled - a la Eberron. The "OMG trainz and dinozaurs" debate entertained me for months on end.

The word realism needs either at least 70 entries in the index or just a "see: verisimilitude". Also, a boxed text on page 7 about it basically saying "don't think to hard about it" which leads to many threads full of overthinking.

And finally: i want the old ENworld back that i enjoyed reading during the launch of 4th edition. Fresh, antagonistic, yet not really poisonous. Come on, we can do it.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
And finally: i want the old ENworld back that i enjoyed reading during the launch of 4th edition. Fresh, antagonistic, yet not really poisonous. Come on, we can do it.

You and I seem to have been going to different versions of ENW at that time... not really poisonous? Lol.

Raith5

Adventurer
Any attempt to develop D&D behind closed doors with focus groups under NDAs is doomed to failure. D&D rules are not corporate secrets. Any game claiming to be D&D, regardless of its own merits, is doomed to failure if not subject to large-scale interactive playtesting

Whatever 5th ed looks like I really hope this point is at the forefront.

DM Howard

Explorer
Make a game that will be be mechanically pleasing for the power-gamers and theory-crafters, "fluffily" interesting for the lore-buffs, "swingy" yet heroic enough for the realism crowd, yet simple enough to not intimidate new players.

Make an edition that will scratch everyone's itch so well that the question "What edition?" won't even come up anymore when someone says, "Wanna play D&D?"

Rechan

Adventurer
Make a game that will be be mechanically pleasing for the power-gamers and theory-crafters, "fluffily" interesting for the lore-buffs, "swingy" yet heroic enough for the realism crowd, yet simple enough to not intimidate new players.

Make an edition that will scratch everyone's itch so well that the question "What edition?" won't even come up anymore when someone says, "Wanna play D&D?"
And when you're done with that, cure cancer. :p

caudor

Adventurer
Please take note of the popularity of tablets and the growth rate. Having new material available in electronic format (pdf or otherwise) would be great.

Also, please don't wait until the last moment to spring a new edition on us. If you plan a new edition, please let us know well in advance. And let us know whether it will be backwards compatible or not.

Finally, please bring back Primus (The One and the Prime) :)

Actually, I think Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader really hits all those notes. All it needed was a 'quick play introduction' that gave you pre-made characters, and yes, it's got plenty of crunch, an incredibly rich lore that suffuses the mechanics, and really swingy but with the ability to survive seemingly overwhelming odds.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases