ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist Character Departure (SPOILERS)

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Real life has caught up with one of our players who is soon moving from London to Berlin, leaving me with an interesting decision about what to do with his character.

During our group's last game, the rest of the characters were buried under a Weight of Stone (see the Continuing Adventures of Korrigan & Co.), but El Perro was not with them.

If only the session had been a day later (meaning I that I would have known the player was leaving), I would have had Leone Quital use a captured El Perro as a bargaining chip (instead of Lynn Kindleton) and then kill him. Now that fantastic opportunity has been missed, I was considering the following:

He has been captured and taken the Macbannin Manor (along with Wolfgang) where his sympathies with the Panoply and other revolutionary ideologies mean that he is offered a role within the Obscurati.

This would mean his return as a 'villain' later in the campaign.

Would that be something the Obscurati might do, or is he - a 4th level character - far too small a fish for them to bother with?

I am simply trying to avoid his departure seeming too workaday.

Sorry to hear about the group losing a man. Something similar happened to me recently, but hopefully your friend will be happy where he's headed.

A spy is always handy. Of course, he wouldn't really know the motives of the group he's spying for, but that could change later. So whenever the party does figure out he's a mole, he'll have situationally-appropriate secrets to spill.

Or they could find him experimented upon, perhaps placed inside the bleak golem as a sort of tortured pilot, whose suffering feeds the machine's energy.

gideonpepys

He can't be a spy because he'll be gone!

So the Obcurati wouldn't be fussed about recruiting him?

Maybe a mind-control device, using him to target the unit, given his knowledge of their abilities and the layout of the RHC HQ...

gideonpepys

Give me a shout if you're ever up London. We could go for a pint!

As for El Perro, maybe the technicians could perform the same kind of surgery on him as they performed on the jaguars.

(He's going to beat the party to the square and therefore perhaps head to the warehouse on his own...)

Maybe he leads the jaguars' attack on the square?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases