Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)

Son of Meepo

First Post
This is going to be the combined thread when I need to keep both groups together. Most of the adventure will take place in your individual group threads, but some of the exposition will happen here. I will provide links as you move back and forth through the threads.

GM: Wizards in Winter

[sblock=Low Level Group]FourMonos - level 1 ardent|vampire
Pliantreality - level 1 fighter/ranger
Wife of Meepo - level 1 hamadryad witch
Someone - level 1 pixie monk
pathfinderq1 - level 3 scout
medina - level 1 bard
WEContact - level 1 fighter|battlemind[/sblock]

[sblock=High Level Group]Neurotic - level 7 warlock
stonegod - level 7 executioner
Darksteed - level 8 paladin
Rapida - level 8 paladin
JoeNotCharles - level 5 cleric
Metavoid - level 7 invoker
Voda Vosa - level ? warden[/sblock]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arrive at the famous docks of Daunton. The boardwalk is bustling with commerce on this chilly winter day. The snow has mostly stopped and only a light coating remains on the ground. A strong sea breeze whips the flags of the various sailing vessels that are moored in the harbor.

You only have to wait a few minutes, before Valkin comes trudging towards you. He draws his fur cloak tightly around him, trying to keep out the cold.

"Thank ye all fer comin' to aid of the kiddies of Daunton. It cost me dearly, but I managed to convince a second ship to sail for Solstice. One group will take the Star of Arcadia and the Ocean Strider."

Valkin's voice wavers as he shivers in the cold breeze. He clears his throat with a guttural utterance before continuing.

"I hope I can count on ye ta get me shipments back safely in time for Solstice. It's about 8 hours there and 8 hours back, that will leave you less that twenty to get everything secured and ready for shipment, so as beautiful a sight I hear the island is, you won't have time to take the grand tour."

"If there be anythin' else I can do for you. Or any last minute things you need, now be the time to speak up. Ye set sail in two hours!"

GM: Major Quest

You need to return the shipments of supplies from Solstice to Daunton in time for the festival. In order to accomplish this task by the deadline, you'll be able to take no more than one extended rest during the adventure, so use your resources carefully.

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
The crowd parts amid screams from women and children and threats from the menfolk as a slender figure followed by an owlbear walks up to Valkin at the docks. He quickly realizes who it is and shouts to the crowd that she is one of the heros who is going to save Solstice and soon quiets the crowd. To Valkin she says, "My name is Ilex Cassine, my companions are Noctua Ursus and Luna." She points to the owlbear and moonwisp in turn. "Thank you for calming the crowd."

Pliantreality

First Post
Nalkyr rested his wrists comfortably on the hilts of his matched feyblades. The air was cold and crisp- just a bit too cold for his liking. He came from the Summer Court. His father's father was a pact arcanist to the Summer Queen herself, last Nalkyr had heard.

He pulled his hood up a little further, eyes flitting to the hymadryad. They hadn't many opportunities to talk, despite the young eladrin's curiosity. That was fine for now. They had a job to do.

Nalkyr closed his eyes for the moment, sucking in a noseful of the wintry air.

WEContact

First Post
"Twenty hours," Caim muses aloud, "and two shipments to find. Sounds exciting." Between the cotton under her armor and the whiskey in her veins, Caim barely notices the cold. She's more interested in who she'd be working with, and she makes no effort to be subtle as she sizes up the others.

"Come on, Nalkyr, let's go," she says, striding off toward on the ships. She doesn't bother to read the name on the hull.

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar is happy to see a couple of allies from his recent Kolloseaum adventures. "I'm sure Palladys will bless us with a safe and successful journey. It can't be any worse than our recent Kolloseaum escapades. "

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron makes his way down the docks to the place of meeting. He idly puffs upon his cigar sending large bellows of smoke to pour out from beneath his masked helm. His frame solid and heavily clad in layer upon layer of armor. The docks creaking under his weight as he joined the others. It would be impossible to know what race he where under all that armor, except for his speech gave it all away.*

Oi! One never said one was bringing such lovely lasses upon this fine journey.

*He pauses beside the witch looking up at her. He grins under his masked helm.*

Such a fine lass indeed. One doesn't see many Dryads in there life. It is always a marvel when one does so. MmmmHmmm...

*He states as he continues along his merry way towards Brenwar.*

Sir Brenwar of Palladys! I was not expecting to see you so soon. A welcoming sight indeed. Perhaps this time around there will not be so much jumping involved as the last time. It would seem you are more built for Wooing the ladies then jumping the ledges.

*He chuckles heartily as he taps the side of Brenwar's leg, as well he was far to short to reach his shoulder.*

Oi. I hope I'm not to late to venture forth.

*He puts his cigar out upon the palm of his guantletted hand and places the butt in a belt pouch, then reaches into a wooden box that lay strapped to his leg. Opening it, he pulls out a fresh cigar and closes the box. He then snaps his index and thumb of his free hand together and the two ignite in flame. He lights his cigar and begins to puff upon the fresh cigar, as he waves off the flames from his fingers.*

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 8
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Normal
AC: 30 (Bloodied 29), Fort: 26, Ref: 23, Will: 24

Attacks 6 or More Squares Away from Kauldron
AC: 31, Fort: 28, Ref: 25, Will: 26

Resistances: Fire 5, Ongoing Damage 3

Saving Throws: If Kauldron is dazed or stunned, Kauldron can make a saving throw at the start of his turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn’t normally end on a save.

Initiative: +6
Speed: 5

HP: 71/71, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 12/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point (Demonskin Tattoo) [ ]
Blade of Light [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Giantkind Gloves [ ]
Infuriating Taunt [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Running Slash [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Student of the Sword [ ]
Valorous Smite [ ]

Gift of Fire [ ]
Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
The iron clad human chuckles at the goblin's expert observations, "Hah, I've a few talents but I can safely say athletics is not counted among them. Hopefully there will be less death defying leaps and more ladies on this trip."

[sblock=Character Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 8
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25

AC: 26 Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 22, Resist: 1/all, 5/fire

HP: 71/71, Bloodied: 35 , Surge Value: 18, Surges Left: 13/13

Action Points: 1

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 4 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +12 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+6 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (4/4 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Divine Reverence, Shield of Devotion, Radiant Stride, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle, Healing Word
[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash strolls down the docks, an air of confidence about him. When Valkin finishes he asks "I can assure you that if these shipments can be found in 20 hours, we will do so. I am looking forward to the celebrations myself; I wonder how it is different from that of my people. Are you confident that the shipments are on the island and not lost at sea?"

Almost as an afterthought he adds "Also, what exactly are in these shipments that we are looking for? Parcels or crates may not be intact."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases