[sblock=Recruitment]
1. Patrin, Cavalier Paladin - drothgry
2. Banmarden, Druid - phaezen
3. Mathariel, Warpriest Cleric - Inspiratorium
4. Sindabar, Mage Wizard - Voda Vosa

First alternate: WalkingDad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Creation, Miscellany.]
22-point buy, backgrounds, themes. All published material is legal, though at DM discretion. A character sheet and a modest backstory must be submitted.

I'll expect a post from each of you every 2-3 days, and you can expect more frequent updates from me.

That said, this seems like a fun adventure. If it goes successfully, we can talk about continuing into further fun. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]The town of Kiris Dahn, built by human hands, stood strong against invaders for decades after the fall of Nerath. It had magical stones - created by tiefling artisans - that could kill anyone who attacked the town. The number of stones dwindled until all were spent.

Eight years ago, the citizens of Kiris Dahn abandoned the town when faced with invading goblin hordes. The town had endured a long decline under the rule of the Kiriis family, and the citizens scattered rather than follow their ruler, Kiris Alkirk. Along with his advisor and seer Treona, Alkirk found a place to live in obscurity.

The goblins overran the town and renamed it Goriz-badd. The town quickly fell into ruin, since goblins were far more interested in vandalism than in proper maintenance. A faction of kobolds took over the slums, since the goblins live mostly in what were once residences for the wealthier people of Kiris Dahn.

Recently, Treona discovered old records that indicate one slaying stone still remains. A well-known mage, she has pulled strings to recruit four adventurers to her tower.[/sblock]

[sblock=Opening Scene]Four wanderers meet at a crossroad in the middle of a deep forest. A cold wind whips sleet at you and tears at your cloaks. The moon is shrouded behind a gray haze, and you hear wolves baying in the dark woods all around. Against the dusky sky, you can just make out the shadow of a low tower - your designated rendezvous. A lantern burns in one of its windows and begins to sway, beckoning you toward the safety of the shelter.[/sblock]

Link to the Rogues' Gallery: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/315972-dfs-slaying-stone-rg.html#post5765731

Link to the IC thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/315973-dfs-slaying-stone-d-d-4th-edition.html#post5765733

Last edited:

Naturally! I have most of the printed sourcebooks, but not DDI. So if it's from Dragon magazine or the like (or Essentials), I may ask what it does. But yes. Anything goes.

Glad to hear it, Phaezen. If we could get two more (or even running it for two would probably be fine), we could get going. If you and WD want to figure out your backstories and post character sheets, I'd like to see what you come up with.

And of course, I'm glad to see you all; I'm sorry I burned out so hard last year. I suppose you know what that's like, though.

*Special shout-out to [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] - I'm happy to be back. Maybe one day, once I've proved my fidelity, we can even get the Wolfcrown team back together for another tour.

drothgery

First Post
Sounds interesting, I have some ideas for a druid...
Thinking Sentinel (i.e. Essentials leader-Druid) or one of the other builds (i.e. controller-druid)?

I'm kind of thinking warlord or paladin (Cavalier).

Edit: Here's a pally[sblock=character sheet]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Patrin, level 1
Dragonborn, Paladin (Cavalier)
Virtue: Virtue of Sacrifice
Dragonborn Racial Power Option: Dragon Breath
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Cold
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 14, DEX 13, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 14, DEX 13, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 14

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 33 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +5, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +10, Religion +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –3, Arcana –1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance –2, Heal +0, History +1, Insight +0, Nature +0, Perception +0, Stealth –3, Streetwise +3, Thievery –3

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Guardian Attack: Guardian's Counter
Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura
Paladin Attack: Holy Smite
Paladin Attack: Righteous Radiance
Paladin Utility: Righteous Shield
Paladin Attack 1: Valiant Strike
Paladin Attack 1: Strike of Hope

FEATS
Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise

ITEMS
Plate Armor x1
Adventurer's Kit
Longsword x1
Heavy Shield x1
====== End ======[/sblock][sblock=proposed background]It was true that Patrin had hatched at dawn on the High Festival of the Platinum Dragon. But neither he nor anyone else had thought much of that; his family might have been noble warriors in Arkhosia's day -- most dragonborn claimed it, at any rate, and there had been enough crossing of lines between nobles and commoners since the Empire fell that it was likely even true -- but they were simple mercenaries now, if with a better repuation than most. His father said the act that had drawn Bahamut's attention had not been very bright, but the old dragon smiled when he said it.

Going into a burning building -- especially when the children trapped inside were children of neither his friends nor family nor even his employers -- wasn't very smart even when you could breathe ice. But he had gotten them all out. From then on he'd felt something different, little abilities that he wasn't sure how they worked. It had taken a chance meeting with one of the Dragon's clerics to finally get it through his head what he'd been chosen for.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Patrin.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Alright, good to see you back man, too bad you had to drop those campaigns, you had me really hooked with the story; hence I'll throw my hat in with say, a mage necromancer?

Inspiratorium

First Post
I'm interested. Have an essentials just about everything ready to roll. I'll toss my eladrin missionary warpriest out there for consideration.

Oh, I should note two things: 1. Their backstories and personalities are flexible to fit whatever party we end up having, and 2. I'm new to PbP, and to playing 4e, but I've DMed three 4e games so far, and I'm certainly looking forward to being on the other side of the proverbial screen for once.

Attachments

• Matharial Lynwood.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases