Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Sure, I'll allow it. I'm pretty sure I could have arranged the moves and shift so that all 3 still got CA against Caim, so I don't think killing Seedling 1 would change anything else.

WEContact

First Post
Caim skillfully deflects a blow toward Ilex, but it's not enough- there are too many of the little things, even after Caim crushes one. With grim satisfaction she smashes another, and then takes stock of the battle around her. Merri is nearby, if she wasn't tangled up in that hostile vine, she could help Ilex with her powers... "Merri! See to Ilex if you can! I'll keep these things busy!" She lashes out with her mind, dostracting the dull mind of Merri's assailant. Caim stops and does another quick scan of the battlefield, her brow furrowed. "Wait, where's Nalkyr? Where is the dryad? Did she take him?!"

[sblock=Actions]Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter (Eldritch Strike) HIT TB4 AC 20

Standard: Brash Strike HIT TB3 AC 21
Move: Shift->M12
Minor: Battlemind's Demand - Bloodvine

Immediate: Combat Challenge (Twisted Eye Aug1), if triggered[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP:2
HP: 9/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 8/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]
[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step.

Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Guardian's Counter is triggered, for example) she will use Eldritch Strike. If it's an OA, will spend 1 PP to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pliantreality

First Post
OOC: Welp. Nalkyr is hosed for at least another round- Fey Step was the only thing in my repertoire that could un-charm him. Anyone have any ideas to make him remotely productive?

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Welp. Nalkyr is hosed for at least another round- Fey Step was the only thing in my repertoire that could un-charm him. Anyone have any ideas to make him remotely productive?
OOC: Can you bull rush yourself? :p My plan was just to send the folks with forced movement after you, or just have Lenyara kill the lady in two turns. :p

Someone

Adventurer
Though small, the fey has a cruel streak. It rips the thorny limbs of one of the surviving animated plants, and along with the diminutive club, uses it to flay the bark out of other two of them.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Five storms movement technique, shifting 2 over TB2's head to current position.
Standard: Five storms, targeting Bv, TB2 and TB1. Since it's an area attack it ignores concealment. It hits Bv and TB1, dealing 13 damage
Free: Flurry of blows on TB2, dealing 5 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 19/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 9/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The thorn creature pulls Merri into the brambles, but Merri's many years of travel have adapted her to almost any natural surrounding. It was the plant's mistake that it could take advantage of her here. As the thorns drain Merri's life force, her aura becomes one of anger and desperation.

Instead of emiting energy, Merri starts to draw energy from around her. The leaves of the brambles next to Merri wilt and darken. Drawing from the natural world, Merri is strengthened. Using the thick brambles around her, she slams the bloodthorn's vine into a thick trunk and rolls toward it, freeing her from it's grasp.

Focusing her anger into a fine point she slams her rapier into the bloodthorn vine, which then reverberates like an emotional explosion. Her nearby allies are energized by the emotional drive. Caim feels the rigors of battle fade from her body.

"Ilex! This sacred grove is defiled! It angers you! Use that anger!" The fey witch's eyes open with renewed energy.

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: Regeneration 4 (Enduring Soul)

Movement: Escape Grab (acrobatics): 1d20+3 → [15,3] = (18) Roll Lookup

AP: Activate Surefooted Stride: Merri ignores difficult terrain TENT, gains +2AC and reflex while in difficult terrain and gains a +2 to hit any creature in difficult terrain. Shift to K-13.

Standard: Energizing Strike (augment 2) versus bloodthorn vine: 1d20+7+2, 2d8+4 → ([13, 7, 2], [2, 7, 4]) Roll Lookup Hit AC 22 for 13 damage and Caim spends a healing surge.

Free: Psionic Vampirism: After hitting with augmented at will attack, Merri gains a healing surge.

Minor: Ardent Surge on Ilex, healing for surge plus 1d6: 1d6 → [1] = (1) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3330698/ Not much extra healing, sorry! Ilex ( @Wife Of Meepo ) gains +1 to attack rolls TENT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15+2, Fort 13, Reflex 14+2, Will 16

HP 12/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 3/2
Vulneribility: 5 radiant

Conditions: Bloodied, +2 AC and reflex TENT (while in difficult terrain)

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 0

Power Points: 0

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Second Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
*Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
*Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
*Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], two things: First, it takes a move action to escape a grab, and a separate move action to use Surefooted Stride. Can't do both unfortunately. Second, Ilex doesn't have many surges, and has low surge value- is there any way could use Ardent Surge so she can get a little more hp? I would be very happy to use the healing surge from Energizing Strike, as I have tons of surges, high surge value, and only 8 hp.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Well, I certainly don't know all the rules, but I was trying to use surefooted stride as part of the move action to break the grab. If that can't be done, then Merri can't shift to K-13 and won't be within 5 squares of Ilex to heal her. Unless! I will use my AP, after I escape the grab, to use surefooted stride, then shift to current location, and still use the Energizing Strike. Also, if [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] is okay, I'd like to retcon my turn a little bit and use my Ardent Surge on Ilex, Energizing Strike healing surge on Caim. I'll fix the post if you say that is okay.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: WEContact is correct. Surefooted Stride is its own move action. The power lets you move you speed, which you wouldn't be able to do since you are grabbed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases