Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo can Nalkyr lower his defenses against an attack that he wants to be hit by? Maybe voluntarily grant CA or something? He's kind of attached to Caim, I think seeing her come to his rescue (without her trying to attack Adnasia, which is what the spell makes him react to) might get through to him to some degree at least. The helpless condition grants -5 to all defenses if that's relevant. ;)

GM: I'm going to say no to lowering defenses. Not that CA would actually help. Nalkyr used second wind on his last turn, so his Fort was actually 17, not 15.

GM: I think we just need Nalkyr and Merri's actions for this round.

FourMonos

First Post
Merri is torn between rescuing the half elf, but knows she must also protect the hemadryad from the swarms of twig creatures.

Using her familiarity with the woods, Merri jumps over the nearest branch and focuses on draining the energy aura of the nearby twigs. Several of them shrivel and drop where they stand, Merri drawing from their energy and strengthening herself.

"You leave my friends alone!"

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: Regeneration 4 (Enduring Soul), hit points should be 16

Movement: Shift to K-12.

Standard: Taste of Life versus twig blight swarm (fort): 1d20+3+2, 1d8+7 → ([20, 3, 2], [6, 7]) Roll Lookup Crit for 15/2= 7 damage, Merri gains 6 THP.

End turn next to swarm, take 3 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16

HP 16/24 +3 THP Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 3/2
Vulneribility: 5 radiant

Conditions: 3 THP

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 0

Power Points: 0

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Second Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
*Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
*Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
*Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Merri go help Nalkyr before it's too late. I can out pace these overgrown weeds. Marrgash up to you but if you are out of blasts it may be best if you go help Nalkyr too.

OOC: I have wooden form DR5 all until end of next turn and should be able to keep away from these things with Lenyara's extra speed and my forest walk.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Adnaisia

The dryad scowls at Caim and Lenyara

"Do not interfere. I HUNGER... Must feed!"

She tries to claw at Nalkyr but can only barely reach his leg. Just enough to...

She makes contact with the nearby tree and is elsewhere again.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Claws (1d20+10-2=14, 2d6+6=17) (MISS)
Move: Treestride to Z17 (Nalkyr to Z18)[/sblock]

Twig Blight Swarms

The swarms continue to tear at everything in their path. Even in her woody form, Ilex is unable to withstand the assault and the bard falls from his wounds as well.

[sblock=Actions]Swarm 1
Move: Shift 1
Standard: Swarm of Claws (Damage, Ilex, Merri, Marrgash) (2d6+8=14, 1d20+10+2=20, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=19) (HIT, HIT, HIT)

Swarm 2
Standard: Swarm of Claws (Damage, Ilex) (2d6+8=16, 1d20+10+2=18) (HIT)[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
As it watches the group fall before them, the fey creature grows angry. He flies between the swarms and tries his best to unroot them, but they are too well stuck to the ground. The only thing he manages to do is to hurt itself with the thorns.

[sblock=actions]
Move: fly to current position.
Standard: 5 storms, targeting both swarms. Attacks fail to hit.
End of turn: Take damage from auras (counted in statblock)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 20/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 8/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] it looks like you combined your d20 rolls rather than having them roll seperately.

Die Rolls
Five storms dice attack rolls swarm 1, swarm 2, in that order: 2d20 = 0 (COUNT 12)

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I use to do that when I roll several attacks, to save space and number of different roll. One die roll is 6, the other 4; plus attack bonuses totals are 12 and 10. None is enough to hit either swarm.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I use to do that when I roll several attacks, to save space and number of different roll. One die roll is 6, the other 4; plus attack bonuses totals are 12 and 10. None is enough to hit either swarm.

OOC: OH, OK. I didn't understand it and it looked like a mistake. There wasn't a roll look up either so I couldn't figure it out. I was hoping you rolled incorrectly and could try again. I hope we survive this combat.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases