Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

WEContact

First Post
If the attacker is adjacent to the charmed creature, the charmed creature must make a melee basic attack (of the dryad’s choice) against the enemy as a free action.
OOC: Lenyara wasn't adjacent to Nalkyr, just to Adnasia, so Nalkyr doesn't have to attack. Also Nalkyr can make only one free action attack per turn.

Oh and if [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] has a move action to spare and would like to use his pixie dust to whisk me over to Q19 I'd be grateful.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Nalkyr was adjacent to Lenyara when her attacks were made; she was in AA 25 at the end of her charge. Current location is from free shift at the end of her turn, after attacks resolved. On the plus side, if Nalkyr only gets one free action attack, his first roll of the two d20s posted ought to miss. Wish I had some forced movement to help him out.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I had 8 hp I thought, then Merri let me spend a surge to get me to 16, then Marrgash let me spend a surge to get to 29 with 5 temps, then I took 10 damage which left me with 24 hp. I never ended my turn in a blight swarm aura. Not sure where the mixup happened.

@Son of Meepo can Nalkyr lower his defenses against an attack that he wants to be hit by? Maybe voluntarily grant CA or something? He's kind of attached to Caim, I think seeing her come to his rescue (without her trying to attack Adnasia, which is what the spell makes him react to) might get through to him to some degree at least. The helpless condition grants -5 to all defenses if that's relevant. ;)

Caim spots Nalkyr, and her heart plummets. I can't possibly reach him now, she thinks, and then Lenyara's primal magic fills her. Her eyes widen. The forest was an enemy a moment ago, but now she can see paths everywhere. Stamina wells up in her. She grins, ready to sprint after that damned dryad, when her thoughts are interrupted yet again.

Caim yelps as the tiny fey... sprays her. She has a split second to be outraged, and then she finds herself rushing through the air towards Nalkyr and Adnasia. She whoops, lands, and takes off like a missile. Her attempt to knock Nalkyr away from his charmer falls short, however- the eladrin is shockingly sturdy.

[sblock=Actions if I get Dusted to Q19]Move: ->U25
Standard: Charge->Y25, Bull Rush MISS Nalkyr Fort 13[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP:2
HP: 24/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 8/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 4
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]
[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step.

Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Guardian's Counter is triggered, for example) she will use Eldritch Strike. If it's an OA, will spend 1 PP to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash staggers under the attacks from the swarms, panicked as he turns and sees the creatures in all directions. When the warmth of Ilex's power washes over him it calms him, reminding him of what he needs to do.

Stepping away from the swarms, Marrgash is forced to accept that at the momen t he can't do much to save Nalkyr. Instead, turning he breathes a bout of acid over the swarms, before giving a flick of his wand to send them reeling away.
[sblock=Actions]
Free Action: Grant Ilex 3 thp
Move: Move to N12
Minor: Dragon Breath - M11 to O9 catching both swarms
Standard: Shout of Triumph - M11 to O9 catching both swarms
No Action:: Take 3 damage from Swarm 1 aura [/sblock]

OOC: 3 misses and a crit. I guess there's no need for a damage roll!

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Lenyara wasn't adjacent to Nalkyr, just to Adnasia, so Nalkyr doesn't have to attack. Also Nalkyr can make only one free action attack per turn.

Oh and if [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] has a move action to spare and would like to use his pixie dust to whisk me over to Q19 I'd be grateful.

OOC: Flurry of posts while I was sleeping! I'll try to post my actions at work, but in the meantime feel free to use that fly 6 free action if you think it's neccesary. Pixie dust is a move action though, which means I won't be able to attack the swarms

Someone

Adventurer
The plants the pixie was fighting are now dead, and the other ones prickle and are boring. It looks around, looking for something funny to do and his black eyes narrow when Caim catches his attention. Cackling inanely, it sprays a handful of grey dust on her.

Caim starts floating away, asking for help, which makes the pixie fall to the ground holding his sides with laughter.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Pixie dust on Caim. She can fly up to 6 squares as a free action (that means she can reach Q18, not Q19, but IIRC we had an effect that increased movement and allowed to ignore difficult terrain, so Caim should be able to reach the dryad anyway)
Standard: Second wind, recovering 7 HP (recorded on spreadsheet)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 26/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 8/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I had 8 hp I thought, then Merri let me spend a surge to get me to 16, then Marrgash let me spend a surge to get to 29 with 5 temps, then I took 10 damage which left me with 24 hp. I never ended my turn in a blight swarm aura. Not sure where the mixup happened....

OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] - don't for get Caim received 4 thp from Ilex on her last attk.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases