D&D 4th Edition Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 494
  1. #11
    Merri stands blank for a second, then claps her hands quickly together for a moment. Then she does the unthinkable... she hugs Caim.

    Those close enough, even those not familiar with psionics, can feel the palpable change. Happiness just bursts into being, old memories of the happiest and the proudest moments drift into your awareness for no clear reason. Even Caim smiles a little as memories of her early military training return to her... her commanders lauding her fighting techniques, her mental toughness...

    The younger woman steps back, "Oh, um... er, I'm sorry, I don't usually hug people I just met. It's just that... I've been alone for a long time. You're the first people who talked about this and understood it since... mom and dad died." A pang of sadness radiates out from the young woman... then the sadness starts to dissipate.

    She turns to the rail, contemplating, "Maybe dad was like you a little bit. He said I always wore my heart on my sleeve... that it could get me in trouble." She smiles again, happiness still eminating from her, "But I can't say I'd have it any other way."

    She takes a deep breath, "If I try real hard I can focus it down so it's not so obvious, but for me thats a lot of thinking. But I'll try for you, Caim." With that she sits down on the boat by the rail, legs crossed and her eyes shut tight. Merri isn't being very successful in toning down the happiness.

    OOC: Happy New Year everyone!

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,048

    ° Ignore Son of Meepo
    As with you, the people aboard the Star of Arcadia keep an eye on the storm. Suddenly there is a cry of alarm from one of the crew of the Ocean Strider.

    "Captain! The Star is turning into the storm! They're signaling us to head for harbor!"

    Dalphonse laughs at the sight of the Star of Arcadia heading straight towards danger.

    "I'm glad to see that Aramais hasn't changed a bit after all these years. But I'm not about to sit around to see if he cheats Lauto out of his bounty yet again."

    "RAISE THE SAILS! FULL SPEED AHEAD! WE'RE MAKING A RUN FOR THE HARBOR!"

    "But the Star of Arcadia. Isn't Aramais a friend in need of help?"


    "This is no time to be sentimental. We were hired to do a job and that is what I'm aiming to do! Besides, that old fool is crazy like a fox, if anyone can make it through that storm, it's Aramais and his ship."

    "NOW! FULL SAILS! THAT'S AN ORDER!"


    "AYE CAPTAIN!"


    The crew of the Ocean Strider heads straight for the harbor at top speed, deftly dodging the ice floes. A few hundred yards from shore, however, they become too frequent for any large vessel to navigate. Captain Dalphonse turns to the adventurers.

    "This is a close as the Ocean Strider can take you. I can lower a dinghy that you can row to shore. Meanwhile, we'll be circling the island and trying to stay out of trouble. When you have what you came for, sail back to sea and we'll figure out how to get everything aboard."

    After a few minutes, the dinghy is prepared and you are lowered into the water. You make your way to shore, where a small village of wooden huts awaits. The village looks deserted as you approach, not a single soul is seen near the shore. However, as you make land fall a door to a nearby building opens...

    GM: Place yourself on the map. You should still be on the dinghy as you have just pulled into the harbor. As soon as everyone is placed we can get into the first encounter.

    Map

  • #13
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,078

    ° Ignore pathfinderq1
    As the boat approached the dock, Lenyara took the time to roll up her cloak and tie it to her pack. Then she got ready to hit the ground running...

    OOC: Placed on the map. Active Aspect is Soaring Hawk; weapons drawn- net and short sword.

  • #14
    OOC: I'm assuming daylight, right?


    Merri stays covered in her long heavy cloak, hands covered in gloves and her traveling hat fixed tightly over her head, cloak tucked in underneath that. She appears... warm... underneath all the covering gear. She leaves her pack on the dinghy and draws her rapier as the boat nears shore. There is a palpable feeling of excitement in the air.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hertford, UK
    Posts
    241

    ° Ignore Medina
    Marrgash breathes a sigh of relief as the dinghy pulls ashore, "It'll be good to feel solid ground again," he says, weakly.

    OOC: Placed on the map

  • #16
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    894

    ° Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by FourMonos View Post
    Merri stands blank for a second, then claps her hands quickly together for a moment. Then she does the unthinkable... she hugs Caim.

    Those close enough, even those not familiar with psionics, can feel the palpable change. Happiness just bursts into being, old memories of the happiest and the proudest moments drift into your awareness for no clear reason. Even Caim smiles a little as memories of her early military training return to her... her commanders lauding her fighting techniques, her mental toughness...

    The younger woman steps back, "Oh, um... er, I'm sorry, I don't usually hug people I just met. It's just that... I've been alone for a long time. You're the first people who talked about this and understood it since... mom and dad died." A pang of sadness radiates out from the young woman... then the sadness starts to dissipate.

    She turns to the rail, contemplating, "Maybe dad was like you a little bit. He said I always wore my heart on my sleeve... that it could get me in trouble." She smiles again, happiness still eminating from her, "But I can't say I'd have it any other way."

    She takes a deep breath, "If I try real hard I can focus it down so it's not so obvious, but for me thats a lot of thinking. But I'll try for you, Caim." With that she sits down on the boat by the rail, legs crossed and her eyes shut tight. Merri isn't being very successful in toning down the happiness.
    Caim is taken completely off guard, and as such she's too shocked to be annoyed until Merri has stepped back. She glares as she listens, but has the decency not to scowl outright. Her expression doesn't soften at all at the mention of Merri's dead parents, but it softens significantly when she agrees to try to accommodate Caim's request. "Well... keep practicing," she says, not unkindly.

    When the conversation is interrupted by the onset of the storm and the hired hands are sent on to fend for themselves, Caim smiles savagely. She readies her shield and swings her tonfa- she can sense coming conflict.

    OOC: Placed myself on the dinghy.


  • #17
    Nalkyr drew out his feyblades, giving the light edged-weapons a quick spin. In the very literal sense, worn leather grips were cold. Palpably chilled even through his gloved hands. All the same, the reassurance they represented - the modicum of self-control they allowed him in an otherwise ambivalent world - created the illusion of warmth.

    The young eladrin moved to a position near the front, feyblades bobbing in gentle rhythm to his breathing.

    "Watch out for the ice. Looks slippewy." he said. He sighed. An unfortunate habit of stating the obvious and unnecessary was starting to form and he didn't like it.

    OOC: Placed on map
    Last edited by Pliantreality; Monday, 2nd January, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

  • #18
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,048

    ° Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by FourMonos View Post
    OOC: I'm assuming daylight, right?
    GM: Yes, daylight unless stated otherwise.

  • #19
    Ilex climbs into the boat first, "Noctua, if you come for a ride in this boat with me, we can go to the island over there." Ilex indicates the boat she is now standing in then points to the island. The owlbear is hesitant but boards the tiny vessel. Though your not totally sure, you think the owlbear is wimpering the entire way to the dock. Once there, it is all Ilex can do to keep the owlbear from jumping out of the dingy and tossing them all in the water. "Noctua, we must let the others out of the boat first."

    From the hood of her cloak you hear a tiny tinklely sound as if a bell were giggling. A bit more softly you hear Ilex talking to Luna, "Yes, I too think Noctua is not liking the smaller boat one bit."

    OOC: on map

  • #20
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    A quiet flutter can be heard, and the more attentive can see the small creature Marrgash freed coming out of his backpack and hiding inside a coil or rope.

    (placed on map as Ch)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)
      By Son of Meepo in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 03:59 PM
    2. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 03:27 PM
    3. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    4. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM
    5. Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)
      By Stringbean2142 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 725
      Last Post: Thursday, 18th February, 2010, 09:30 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •