Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
Are we waiting on [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION]? If he is busy perhaps we can assume a delay to keep things going?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ok, back from vacation, done catching up on work deadlines afterwards, and (sorry) done procrastinating and ignoring enworld for a week... I didn't realize how long I'd been back already!

We haven't had an extended rest, have we?
[/sblock]

Tarkus grits his teeth and stumbles through the fire towards the wavering images of enemies he can dimly see through the smoke. Desperately he calls a silver flame, hoping that it will act as a beacon of hope to lead his companions out of the fire, but it it sputters in and out in his vision and he loses it.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to S14
Standard: Sacred Flame on Ettin Thug 1 - hits Reflex 13. Doubt that's a hit, but if it is, 9 damage and Cyr can make a saving throw
Minor: I don't remember, do we grant combat advantage while blind? If so, I'll use the daily power of the Ornament of Alertness (Until the end of the encounter, enemies don’t gain the normal +2 bonus to attack rolls when you grant them combat advantage. They still gain any other benefit of combat advantage.) Otherwise I won't bother yet.
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 21
AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 20
HP: 36/46 Surges: 4/9 Surge Value: 11 AP: 0
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:19 Cha:15

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind
Exacting Utterance
Astral Flare
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Healing Word
Moment of Glory
Sundered Fortune
Bless
Rune of Mending
Symbol of Resilience +2
Hero's Chainmail +1
Ornament of Alertness +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
One of the giants lumbers up to the wall.

"Waz dat?"

"Dunno. Let us roast it over da fire."

The giant tosses a huge javelin into the flames.

PinionAttack: Ranged 20 (one creature); +17 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 7 damage, and the target is restrained until it escapes (DC 18) or teleports.

Damage;Attack (Cyr: -5 total concealment) (2d6+7=13, 1d20+17-5=27) (HIT)

The spear manages to skewer Cyr in the leg, pinning him within the flames.

Another ettin walks around the crumbled wall.

"Don't forget thiz wun."

"We make tender first."

It brings a great club fashioned from a felled tree down on Tarkus.

Smash
Attack:
Melee 2 (one creature); +13 vs. AC
Hit: 1d12 + 3 damage.

Damage; Attack (Tarkus) (1d12+3=4, 1d20+13=29) (HIT) [EDIT: REMOVED THE CA BONUS DUE TO THE AMULET, BUT STILL HITS]

Takrus manages to avoid a more serious wound, but is grazed by a large branch that falls on his shoulder.

The rest of the ettins wait to see if anything else comes out of the flames.

MAP

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
A bit of shadow detaches itself and then seems to dissipate.
OOC: One with shadow then move and stealth. He withdraws his (poisoned from Feat) garrote.
[sblock=Dox (Concealed, Hidden)]Dox—Male Shade Son of Peresefa Executioner 7
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 22 (23 w/ TWF), Fort: 19, Reflex: 20 (21 w/ TWF) Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 42/58, Bloodied: 29, Surge: 14, Surges left: 7/9
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge
Hidden Stab

Assassin's Strike
Low Blow

One with Shadow
Darting Shadow

Warlock's Curse
Fleeting Shade

2 Assassin Poisons (daily)
Elven Battle Leather Armor (encounter)

Doxx - PC:Dox (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Hold your breath, Cyr."
Martelai takes the spear pinning the deva in both hands and heaves, trying to pull it free.

He then squints through the fire, getting out of the flames on the side where lesser heat was coming from. He then curses the Ettin thug attacking Tarkus.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Heal check (1d20+3=19) - Cyr gets a saving throw
Move: R18, gain concealment
Minor: Curse Ettin 1, gain +2 all defenses vs Ettin 1

Saving throw vs blind (1d20=10)

[/sblock]

OOC: What kind of knowledge check would be appropriate for ettins?

"Arggh! Uh, thanks. I think."

Cyr moves out of the fire the way there weren't any voices heard, hoping for a pause. But he does remember where dull thud and a voice was heard.

Lightning strikes down from the heavens, blasting into the ettin thug attacking Tarkus.

The tears that welled up as the spear was yanked out of his leg clear his eyes.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Save vs immobilized (heal) (1d20=10)

Move: Athletics (1d20+2=16)
Free: Use Vulnerability (Nature check) (1d20+8=13) - fail, Cyr does half damage to Ettins TENT

Standard: Vanguards Lightning vs Ref (Ettin 1); lightning damage (1d20+12=17, 1d6+7=12) - every time ettin 1 makes OA he takes 4 lightning damage TENT

Standard: Move to Q8

Save vs blind (1d20=12)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth stomps through the fire, impervious. His rocky hide absorbs the fiery rage around him. Having heard the ettin hunter, he walks in that direction. As he finishes his advance, the empty sockets that are his eyes clear of fog now devise the enemy, standing just in front of him. It's big, it's ugly. It's dead.

[sblock=Actions]
Im. Inter: Endure pain on the damage taken, reducing it to 1. Earth has damage resistance 9 to all damage until the start of his next turn.
Double move towards Ettin Hunter (moved on the map).
Free: Mark Ettin Hunter (For what Earth will automatically do (AoO etc) check his stat block below). [/sblock]

[sblock=Earth]
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 16 Passive Perception 21; Senses normal HP 93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23; Surges Per-Day 14 AC 26 Fortitude 21 Reflex 18 Will 19
Speed 6 Size Medium
Opportunity accions vs marked enemies:
-Warden Fury (At Will Inmediate interrupt Melee ✦ Primal Weapon)
Target: Triggering creature Trigger: An enemy marked by Earth makes an attack that does not include him as a target
Attack: +13 vs Fort, 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to Earth and his allies until the end of Earth's next turn, and it's slowed..
-Warden's Grasp (At Will Inmediate interrupt Melee ✦ Primal Weapon)
Target: Triggering creature Trigger: An enemy marked by Earth that is within 5 squares of him makes an attack that does not include him as a target
Hit: Earth slides the target 1 square. The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of its turn.
Other important variables:
-Attacks vs Slowed or immovilized enemies: +4 damage.
-Enemies hit by opportunity attacks are slowed.
-Gain +1 attack when an ally is adjacent to a foe.
-Critical hits knock targets prone.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: The restrained effect is not save ends. You must either make an Acrobatics check or Athletics check (DC 18) as a move action or you must teleport to end the effect.

Would you allow then Martelai to use Knack for success to boost skill check by 4? I sacrificed standard because I couldn't hit anything while blind...

If not, I'll take the standard blind shot :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases