Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Tarkus stands in the middle of the party, one hand bracing himself on the mast, staring out over the waves.

[sblock=OOC]
I've placed myself on the map at N13, so that everybody is in range of my Close Burst 5 heals and things.
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 21
AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 20
HP: 46/46 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:19 Cha:15

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind
Exacting Utterance
Astral Flare
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Healing Word
Moment of Glory
Sundered Fortune
Bless
Rune of Mending
Symbol of Resilience +2
Hero's Chainmail +1
Ornament of Alertness +1
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
You head towards the storm and it moves to meet the Star of Arcadia. A wave washes over the ship, drenching you with its frigid spray. A gale of wind whips past making you feel even colder. When you clear your eyes the beasts in the clouds are circling above you. Lightning dances along their hides and jumps from cloud to cloud. Two more creatures with fish like bodies, multiple sets of eyes and long tentacle rise from the depths, spewing clouds of mucus as their thrash about.

Before the crew can secure the sails, the wind catches them causing the ship to buck as it rises and falls with the storm surge.

[sblock=Initiative][sblock=Monster Initiative]I won't be rolling initiative for the monsters. Instead I will be taking a weighted average of their initiative modifiers and adding 10 to determine when they act.
(Weights - Minion .25, Standard 1, Elite 2, Solo 4, Leader x2)

3 Abishai (Init +6), 2 Aboleth (Init +7), Air Elemental (Init +15)

3*6 + 2*7 + 15 = 47
47/6 = 7.8, which rounds of to 8, giving them an average of +8, and an initiative of 18. [/sblock]

Initiative (Kauldron, Brenwar, Dox, Cyr, Martelai, Tarkus, Earth) (1d20+6=23, 1d20+3=6, 1d20+8=16, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+1=7, 1d20+4=9)

Kauldron
Martelai
Monsters
Dox
Cyr
Earth
Tarkus
Brenwar
[/sblock]

[sblock=The ship and stormy seas]Between the waves and the wind in the sail, the ship is being tossed violently. On the start of each of your turns, you must make an Acrobatics check DC 16 or you are slid 2 squares in a random direction and are knocked prone. You can partially or fully counter this by lashing yourself to a mast or the rail. Additionally you can try to cut the sails and minimize the effects of the wind.

[sblock=Lashing]If you are adjacent to a mast or the edge of a ship you can take a move action to loosely lash yourself. Being tethered this way immobilizes you, but makes the DC to remain on your feet 12 and you are not slid on a failure.

If you are already loosely lashed, you can instead take another move action to tightly lash yourself. You become restrained, but are immune to being tossed around by the storm.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cutting the sails]If you are adjacent to a mast, you can cut a sail with a successful Athletics or Thievery check. The DC is 16 if done as a standard action or 24 as a minor action. Each mast has two sails that can be cut and each success reduces the DC of the Acrobatics checks to stay standing by 2.[/sblock][/sblock]

GM: Combat starts with Kauldron and Martelai followed by the Monsters.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai stands his ground on the tossing ship. His face hidden behind the mandibles of kruthik queen is serious as he considers the situation.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Acrobatics (1d20+4=18)

Move: N9, gain concealment
Minor: Curse Aboleth 1, Martelai has +2 all defenses vs aboleth 1
Standard: Flames of the smoking crown vs Aboleth 1 Fort; fire damage; curse damage (1d20+10+1=31, 1d10+5=14, 1d6=5)
NICE START!
Crit damage (1d6=5) - total of 26 damage (15 fire)

aboleth 1 has 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) and
at the start of it's turn, aboleth 1 slides 3 to J12-K13 (already done). Any enemy adjacent to it after the slide gets ongoing 5 fire damage

Let's be optimistic: if this bloodies it, slide him another 1 square down, and spread the curse to all enemies within 5 (aboleth 2) and remove curse from aboleth 1 :)

Interrupt if hit by non-minion enemy for more then 15hp or if it would drop Martelai:
[sblock=Delban's Deadly attention]
(Encounter Immediate Interrupt Close burst 4 ✦ Arcane, Implement, Necrotic)
Target: Triggering enemy
Trigger: An enemy hits Martelai with melee attack
Hit: 2d8+8 necrotic damage. The target chooses either to deal half damage with it's melee attack or to take extra 1d8+3 necrotic
+1d6 curse damage if cursed
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

It's not my turn, but just to add to Neurotics save ends

Demand Justice (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Ranged 10 ✦ Divine) Trigger: A creature within 10 squares makes a saving throw.
Effect: The target re-rolls the saving throw and must use the new result.
[/B]

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: When you damage the monsters, just add their damage to the spreadsheet in Column O. The sheet will tell you if they are hurt, bloodied, dying, etc.

In this case the aboleth is not bloodied.

I have also added the curse to the conditions.

Map

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Oh, man, I'm gonna spend the entire combat prone. I'm pretty useless at cutting the sails, too. I think my best bet is to Aid Another at getting those sails down...

If I lash myself to the mast, what kind of action does it take to free myself?

What's the TN to climb the mast?
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Oh, man, I'm gonna spend the entire combat prone. I'm pretty useless at cutting the sails, too. I think my best bet is to Aid Another at getting those sails down...

If I lash myself to the mast, what kind of action does it take to free myself?

What's the TN to climb the mast?
[/sblock]

GM: Actions to free yourself are the same as lashing. Move to go from tightly lashed to loosely lashed. Move to go from loosely lashed to free.

With the icy sea spray making the mast slippery and the rigging blowing in the wind, climbing is hard. DC 25 as indicated on the map.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: When you damage the monsters, just add their damage to the spreadsheet in Column O. The sheet will tell you if they are hurt, bloodied, dying, etc.

In this case the aboleth is not bloodied.

I have also added the curse to the conditions.

Couldn't give you XP, but that is one very good thought out sheet!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases