Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
You walk for about an hour, when you crest a final ridge, you can see nestled within a valley, surrounding the base of the highest peak that is Snowy Mountain, are a series of straw huts. You can see several groups of natives patrolling the perimeter.

GM: Sorry for the delay, work has been busy.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Village on the way to the mountain top. I can scout ahead. ANd with that, he is gone.
OOC: Since Dox is essentially invisible so long as he moves/has cover, he'll try to get close to the village to put some eyes on it. Perception: 15

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dox is able to observe a barbarian patrol. They are a small group of disorganized natives that are probably capable of keeping out natural predators, but at the sign of real trouble would most likely run into the village for help.

Dox is certain they are of little threat to him individually (low level minions) but he's not sure that he could take all of them out before one of them got away to warn the others.

stonegod

Dox attempts to find another path to the village, avoiding the patrol, to see if the village seems hostile like the ettins.

stonegod

Though unseen and unheard, sometimes Dox is not careful as he bumps carelessly into a tree. Fortunately, if anyone heard, it was only the watching gods.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
While waiting for the uassuming man to return, Tarkus moves among his companions, making sure none are still hurt, checking weapons and armour, and offering to share a prayer with the devout or give words of encouragement to the others.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: I've been fighting a cold and dealing on a big project at work. I'm going to try to get something up tomorrow, but if that doesn't happen, I won't be able to get to it until Monday.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dox is able to slip into the village unnoticed. Discarded beside the street he finds the shattered remnants of one of the missing crates that you all have been sent to retrieve. It appears that the contents of this crate have been taken elsewhere.

stonegod

OOC: I thought we were supposed to parlay with the Snow elf? These are the crates for the guy who hired us, then?
Dox creeps around the outskirts of town, looking for others moving about or signs of the crates before heading back to report.
OOC: Perception: 22

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Yes, these crates are the smashed remnants of some of the goods you are looking to return with. Where the contents are is not known.

Oddly enough, once Dox evades the patrols at the perimeter, the outskirts of the village proper are remarkably quiet. You can hear sounds from the center of the village however.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases