Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth's form shifts. Pointy rocks protrude from within the warforged, and small clouds started gathering around the recently emerged peaks. Static electricity builds up, and discharges lightnings from Earth.
Charged up like that, he surges forward towards the clustered ettins, lifting his elecrified hammer in the air, and smashing it down on the giants. Lightning arcs from his dread body to electrocute the ettins.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Guardian Form of Mountain Thunder
Move: To his actual position in the map.
Free: Mark Ettin Chanter and hunter
Standard: Attack of the Form of Mountain Thunder: Hit AC with a 25 and a 32 for 12 dmg and knocks both ettins prone. Deals 5 thunder damage to marked enemies afterwards. [/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron continues to press the advantage. The slippery goblin darts off to the other side of the giant as Dox distracts him with hefty blows. Kauldron ignites another brand of pain and sears the massive giant with his blades as they connect with the giants backside. Keeping the giant from truly being any threat in combat against the pair of them there.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to G16

Standard: Enfeebling Strike
-Target: Ettin Thug 2 (G-H/14-15)
-Attack: +17 vs. AC (Hit; 20)
-Damage: 1d8+9 damage. (17 damage)
-On a Hit: If Kauldron marked the target, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 8
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Normal
AC: 30 (Bloodied 29), Fort: 26, Ref: 23, Will: 24

Attacks 6 or More Squares Away from Kauldron
AC: 31, Fort: 28, Ref: 25, Will: 26

Resistances: Fire 5, Lightning 5, Ongoing Damage 3

Saving Throws: If Kauldron is dazed or stunned, Kauldron can make a saving throw at the start of his turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn’t normally end on a save.

Initiative: +6
Speed: 5

HP: 55/71, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 10/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point (Demonskin Tattoo) [X]
Blade of Light [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [X]
Giantkind Gloves [ ]
Infuriating Taunt [X]
Running Slash [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Student of the Sword [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]

Gift of Fire [ ]
Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]

Javelin [2]
Sling Bullets [18]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
With your combined might, you manage to hobble the ettins. They try to escape, but are too hindered to flee or fight effectively. Soon all is quiet as the ettins lay dead before you.

A quick search of the camp reveals mostly half-rotted bedding and foodstuff that are better left unidentified. But the shaman had a pouch of gold and the hunter a sturdy rope that appears to be magical.

[sblock=treasure]400gp
Rope of Climbing[/sblock]

GM: Since you guys are well behind the other group and the ettins are well under control, I'm calling the fight. Feel free to rest up before you continue.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: I could use some suggestions for treasure for the rest of the adventure. The available magic item parcels are from level 10 to 12. I generally won't give out +3 enhancement items to heroic characters however.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I plan to retire Tarkus after this adventure - pacifist cleric was fun for a while, but it's too one note - so any treasure he gets is immaterial.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Treasure]An upgrade to Dox's current focus is high on the list. After that, cool things that give better grabbing synergy.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dox takes a moment to rest up, the unassumingly states, We have an appointment at the top of the mount, do we not? He is ready to go with the others.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As the giants fall, Tarkus at last has a spare moment to wipe the soot out of his eyes and gaze on the enemies they just defeated. "Is anyone hurt?" he asks brusquely.

Rapida

First Post
"I could use some healing before we continue, my gloves didn't completely block out that flame," the paladin states as he checks over his gear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases