D&D 4th Edition Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 29




What's on your mind?

  1. #281
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,061

    Ignore Neurotic
    "We won't interrupt. We can observe in peace until such time they are ready to see us. It would even be well that they see us so they can observe us and think on what they will say. It isn't good for leaders to be surprised, don't you think?"

    Bluff (1d20+15=32)

 

  • #282
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    The leader shakes his head again.

    "You are not tribe. To see would be taboo."

  • #283
    Tarkus mutters, low enough for only his companions to hear, "They seem superstitious. Does anyone have any magic that could make an omen to scare them?" Aloud he asks, "How long is this ceremony?"

  • #284
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    "Celebrate coming of winter. Last until longest night is over."

    With those words you realize that they are celebrating the Winter Solstice and waiting for the ceremony to end in two days will is not possible if you want to achieve your primary goal.

  • #285
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    574

    Ignore Darksteed
    OOC
    Sorry all for the delay. Dealing with an overdue wife. Waiting any day now for the baby. Kinda taking up the majority of my time, haha.


    *Kauldron takes another puff of his cigar, then lets out a steady stream of smoke bellow out slowly. He pauses a long moment to think on the matter at hand.*

    Lads, you seem like the intelligent sort. Perhaps it is you whom we may be able to parley with instead. Hmmm? What do you say? We are only looking for a small bit of supplies that we are willing to trade for. Nothing much. Perhaps, we need not interrupt your festivities with you intelligent lot about. What do you say?

    *Kauldron spoke with confidence and charisma as he attempted to sway his current audience.*

    Diplomacy
    Diplomacy: 21
    Kauldron (Goblin Paladin 8), Hunzu (Shardmind Mage 3), Cyrus (Khan Executioner 3)

  • #286
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    "Only chief, his wife, and medicine man can speak for tribe, but all part of ceremony..."

    The leader trails off for a moment but one of the others speaks to him in a language that no one else understands.

    "Perhaps he is right. Solstice time, time of winter people is where we can ask chief to give us favor. Better standing in tribe. Maybe if you bring good gifts, they make you tribe."

    Suddenly the leader's whole body becomes stiff as a plank as he falls over, talking in tongues. The voice is not like his own, more raw and guttural.

    A second voice, a raspy whisper begins to speak to you.

    "Medicine Man always need rare herb, but have sickness in his head.
    Queen admire pretty things but soon she might be dead.
    Chief value most warrior's brave heart,
    but could also use great beast,
    To see his people all well fed at the start of a great feast."


    The leader begins convulsing on the ground and after a few moments of violent thrashing ceases movement.

    GM: The rhyme should give you some clues as to what to do next. You need to acquire gifts to present to the three tribal leaders, but since you only have a few hours, you will have to split up to accomplish the tasks on time. Some of them are less obvious than others, so it might take a leap to figure out who is best at what task.

  • #287
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    "Medicine Man always need rare herb, but have sickness in his head.
    Queen admire pretty things but soon she might be dead.
    Chief value most warrior's brave heart,
    but could also use great beast,
    To see his people all well fed at the start of a great feast."
    So, analysis:
    Nature skill to find rare herbs
    Pretty things , soon dead = either magic items or the cure for the Queen
    warrior's brave heart = magic items to enhance the chief, solve some trouble with the great beast (which would also provide a feast? = bear? some kind of uber-cow, gorgon? dragon - thus, warrior heart?)

  • #288
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    GM: The clues give you two possible gifts for each leader, one is more valuable than the other, but is harder to acquire. Some you might have to get ahead of time, but some might only be realized when you attend the feast.

    You need to come up with an idea to fulfill each gift and then decide who will go after it. You could try using your skills to get more ideas of what you might be able to get and where to most likely find it. But I tend to keep skill challenges very fluid and open ended rather than defining goals and skills to use in black and white terms ahead of time. (You're currently in one now, if you haven't already guessed.)

  • #289
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Rapida's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    911
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Rapida
    OOC:
    I was thinking:
    Medicine Man: Needs a rare herb or help with his mental issues?
    Queen: Wants something shiny or help with some kind of incoming death (sickness perhaps?)
    Chief: Prove ourselves as warriors or kill a large creature to serve at the feast.

  • #290
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    GM: You pretty much have it.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 493
      Last Post: Monday, 11th June, 2012, 02:18 PM
    2. Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)
      By Son of Meepo in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 36
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 03:59 PM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 03:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    5. Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)
      By Stringbean2142 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 725
      Last Post: Thursday, 18th February, 2010, 09:30 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •