Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Wizards in Winter

[sblock=Players]Neurotic - Martelai, level 7 warlock
stonegod - Dox, level 7 executioner
Darksteed - Kauldron, level 8 paladin
Rapida - Brenwar, level 8 paladin
JoeNotCharles - Tarkus, level 5 cleric
Metavoid - Cyr, level 7 invoker
Voda Vosa - Earth, level 9 warden[/sblock]

This is the thread for the higher level groups encounters. This is where I will post XP and treasure earned as well as the quests.

[sblock=XP earned]I will award xp at each extended rest. For now I will just keep track of what has been earned but not awarded.
Air Elemental, level 10 lurker
3 Storm Abishai, level 7 artillery
2 Aboleth Openers, level 7 controller
1 Ettin Hunter, level 10 artillery
1 Ettin Wrath Chanter, level 8 elite controller
2 Ettin Thugs, level 8 brute
1 Bonfire Hazard, level 7 obstacle[/sblock]

[sblock=treasure earned]Skyrender Javelin +2
4 Stormglass Shards (level 7)
2 Tempest Whetstones (level 10)
Rope of Climbing
400 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=quests]
GM: Major Quest

You need to return the shipments of supplies from Solstice to Daunton in time for the festival. In order to accomplish this task by the deadline, you'll be able to take no more than one extended rest during the adventure, so use your resources carefully.
[/sblock]

----------------------------------------------

Rules and Notes

All monsters will go on the same initiative count so that I can take their turn in one post and not hold up the game.

The players may post their actions in any order and those actions will be resolved in the order posted.

If an ally creates an effect that last until end of the next turn, please be sure that it only affects you once, no matter what order you act in.

Out of turn actions must be used before I post the next set of enemy actions. If you want to post a contingency to use an out of turn action, do so, I will try my best to remember them, but you may need to remind me.

Your combat maps and status will be here. Please fill in any extra information you think would be helpful and make sure the info I filled in is correct.

Have fun!

----------------------------------------------

Please check in to this thread by posting a link to your character sheet and your treasure wishlist.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
On the google spreadsheet are the vs. (def), for our defenses? Figured I'd ask.

[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 8
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +3, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25

AC: 26 Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 22, Resist: 1/all, 5/fire

HP: 71/71, Bloodied: 35 , Surge Value: 18, Surges Left: 13/13

Action Points: 1

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 4 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +12 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+6 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (4/4 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Divine Reverence, Shield of Devotion, Radiant Stride, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle, Healing Word
[/sblock]
[sblock=Wish List]
Pick whatever you'd like... (They aren't in any particular order)
Boots:
Quickling Boots (Level 8)
Boots of Leaping (Level 9)
Battlestrider Greaves (Level 12)
Boots of Eagerness (Level 9)

Armor: (Some sort of plate mail)
Rimewrought Armor (Level 12)
Wintersnap Armor (Level 14)
Benefactor Armor (Level 14)

Weapons: (Currently using a +1 weapon, so these could be nice)
Medic's Weapon (Level 9 or Level 14)
Bradaman's Weapon (Level 13)

Arms:
Bracers of Zeal (Level 9)

Head:
Fey-Blessed Circlet (Level 8)
Helm of Able Defenses (Level 14)

Neck:
Keicha's Amulet +2 (Level 9)
Raven Cloak +2 (Level 9)
Periapt of Cascading Health +2 (Level 10)
Resilience Amulet +3 (Level 13)
Cloak of the Chirugeon +3 (Level 13)

Waist:
Belt of Raging Endurance (Level 9)
Healer's Sash (Level 11)

Ring:
Ring of Winter (Level 14)
Incendiary Ring of Fireblazing (Level 14)
Grace Ring of Lightning (Level 14)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Kauldron's all logged into the really fancy spread sheet. Nice job on that btw.

Rapida: No the vs. AC/other defense boxes are already programmed with our defenses. So the column to the right of the defenses lights up with a hit or miss when a number is placed into the to hit column. Very cool indeed.

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 8
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Normal
AC: 30 (Bloodied 29), Fort: 26, Ref: 23, Will: 24

Attacks 6 or More Squares Away from Kauldron
AC: 31, Fort: 28, Ref: 25, Will: 26

Resistances: Fire 5, Ongoing Damage 3

Saving Throws: If Kauldron is dazed or stunned, Kauldron can make a saving throw at the start of his turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn’t normally end on a save.

Initiative: +6
Speed: 5

HP: 71/71, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 12/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point (Demonskin Tattoo) [ ]
Blade of Light [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Giantkind Gloves [ ]
Infuriating Taunt [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Running Slash [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Student of the Sword [ ]
Valorous Smite [ ]

Gift of Fire [ ]
Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wish List]Agile Layered Plate Armor +3 (Lv. 15) (High Priority)
Cloak of Distortion +3 (Lv. 14)
Goblin Totem Gauntlet Axe +3 (Lv. 12)
Boots of Quickness (Lv. 8)
Belt of Vim (Lv. 8)
Circlet of Indomitability (Lv. 8)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The warlock calmly surveys the scene, taking a position near one of the main masts. He takes out his rods and puts bug-head helmet on his head, adjusting the mandibles so they don't obscure his vision.

[sblock=Martelai Stats]

AC: 20 Fort: 17 Reflex: 19 Will: 19
HP: 58/58 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 14+1
CURSED: none

FEATS
Sacrifice to Caiphon, Improved Fate of the Void, Superior Implement(Accurate Rod)
Rod Experise, Bloodied Boon

POWERS
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance

Knack for Success
Cursebite
Ethereal Stride
Delban's Deadly Attention
Mirror Darkly
Cast Fortune

Blackleaf Gloves Teleport

Decree of Khirad
Flames of the Smoking Crown

Armor of Dark Majesty (daily, minor): place your curse on any enemy you can see instead of only closest one
Talon Amulet (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any creature that hits Martelai in melee takes 1d6 damage
Rod of Avernus: (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any enemy that ends it's turn adjacent to Martelai takes 5 psychic damage
Santuary's Poise (daily, move): teleport 5 squares

[/sblock]

Cyr finds a place to stay away from the railing, while still having good overview of the ship. After some thought he positions himself at the foot of the stairs leading to the wheel.

He took the warlock on his offer to read his fate. And regreted it immediately after Martelai complained how it's hard to see because he's never sure which birthday to read for the deva. Final result was that this encounter will start poorly for him.

[sblock=Cyr Stats]
Deva Invoker Scholar 7
IMMEDIATES:
* Interrupt: Miraculous Fortune (damage reduced by 5, one ally get +1 power bonus to attack) - trigger: surprise attack by non-necrotic attack or critical hit
* Reaction: Preserver's rebuke

Initiative +10; Senses Passive Insight 23, Passive Perception 24
HP 46/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11+1, Surges 7/7
AC 22; Fortitude 16, Reflex 20, Will 22

(+1 TO ALL DEFENSES vs. BLOODIED ENEMIES)
Resist 8 radiant; Resist 8 necrotic

Feats:
* Battle Intuition - +2 to initiative, use Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity
* Superior Implement (Accurate Staff)
* Coordinated Explosion - +1 to hit with blast and burst attacks if ally is in the area
* Staff Expertise
* Superior Will

1 AP
Saving Throws:

Speed 5

Vanguard's Lightning
Hand of Radiance
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Blades of Astral Fires
Second Wind
Memory of Thousand Lifetimes
Miraculous Fortune
Falling Leaves
Demand Justice
Use Vulnerability
Tide of the First Storm

Silent Malediction
Searing Orb

Staff of the warmage (daily free enlarge spell)
Clearsense powder (consumable minor)
Iron Skin Belt (daily minor): gain DR 5 TENT
Gauntlets of Remote Action: (at-will, minor): One of the gauntlets floats and can perform actions such as thievery as if it's still on hand. Move action to move it up to 10 squares
Gauntlets of Remote Action: (daily, move): teleport, swap the location with the floating gauntlet

[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
No one notices the man that had spoken up once, whatever his name was. [sblock=Dox]Dox—Male Shade Son of Peresefa Executioner 7
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 22 (23 w/ TWF), Fort: 19, Reflex: 20 (21 w/ TWF) Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 58/58, Bloodied: 29, Surge: 14, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge
Hidden Stab

Assassin's Strike
Low Blow

One with Shadow
Darting Shadow

Warlock's Curse
Fleeting Shade

2 Assassin Poisons (daily)
Elven Battle Leather Armor (encounter)

Dox - PC:Dox (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Aramais, captain of the Star of Arcadia, listens to the chatter and then nods his head in the direction of his first mate, a younger, fair skinned, elven lad with dark brown hair.

"Yes, something isn't right about that storm."

"So what will you do, Captain?"

"The Ocean Strider wont fare as well in that storm as our gal will. But one thing I know for sure about Dalphonse is that he's more than capable of running from trouble... assuming he has a the time."

"You aren't seriously considering..."

"Yes, Caphiel, I am. With heroic souls like these, the Star of Arcadia is more than a match for any spell or beast. We need to give the Ocean Strider the time they need to make a run for the harbor."

"That's madness!"

"Perhaps, but we've survived worse."

"Aye, we have."

Without another word, Caphiel turns towards the rest of the crew.

"TRIM THE SAILS! HARD TO STARBOARD! RAISE THE FLAGS AND TELL THE STRIDER TO RUN FOR HARBOR! BATTLE STATIONS! BATTLE STATIONS! BATTLE STATIONS!"

Regardless of the folly, the crew prepares the ship to head into the storm, obeying the orders of their officers without question.

GM: You can place yourself somewhere on the ship. Once everyone is placed we will start with the first encounter.

Map

Voda Vosa

First Post
Being busy with the loading of the vessels, few had spotted the inconspicuous mound of earth and rocks pilled next to the ship. Fewer had noticed it sliding on the ship, while the dwarf gave the directions and explained the tasks.
Earth had decided to get into the ship, as he sensed something was amiss in the weather lately, he had been hearing tales from the islands around Daunton and joining the dots, he had extracted a conclusion.
As the storm rages, from bellow deck, emerges the gargantuan shape of Earth. "Mother Nature has set me in the right path, to purse and destroy the unnatural. I sense the presence of abominations in the storm, a made storm. I am Earth, I will obliterate it and restore balance." the short introduction made, the elemental warforged positions itself ready, cleaving his own body with his hands, and ripping appart what seems to be a rough hammer and a shield. He carries a small plant in his back, no more than a few leaves and a tiny white flower, that is buffeted by the strong winds. Other vines and plants grow on the creature, and seem more green now, with the imminent danger at hand.

[sblock=Earth]Initiative +4
Passive Insight 16 Passive Perception 21; Senses normal HP 93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23; Surges Per-Day 14 AC 26 Fortitude 21 Reflex 18 Will 19
Speed 6 Size Medium
Opportunity accions vs marked enemies:
-Warden Fury (At Will Inmediate interrupt Melee ✦ Primal Weapon)
Target: Triggering creature Trigger: An enemy marked by Earth makes an attack that does not include him as a target
Attack: +13 vs Fort, 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to Earth and his allies until the end of Earth's next turn, and it's slowed..
-Warden's Grasp (At Will Inmediate interrupt Melee ✦ Primal Weapon)
Target: Triggering creature Trigger: An enemy marked by Earth that is within 5 squares of him makes an attack that does not include him as a target
Hit: Earth slides the target 1 square. The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of its turn.
Other important variables:
-Attacks vs Slowed or immovilized enemies: +4 damage.
-Enemies hit by opportunity attacks are slowed.
-Gain +1 attack when an ally is adjacent to a foe.
-Critical hits knock targets prone.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: At this point we're just waiting for [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] to return and put Tarkus on the map. If he hasn't posted by tomorrow morning, I'll move things along.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases