Status of Adventure 3 - Digging for Lies

At the recommendation of the poster Dice4Hire, here's where we stand with Adventure 3.

All the art and cartography is in, and you can see samples in this thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/en-publishing/315333-preview-digging-lies-portraits-maps.html

Since our layout artist is enjoying a vacation over the holidays, I've been doing some extra tweaks on the text of the adventure, taking advantage of the spare time to refine some elements of the naval combat rules, which will show up throughout the adventure path.

We're planning to release a full naval rules supplement in 2012, and I'm hoping to convince Russ to run a Kickstarter program so we can afford a variety of ship illos and deck plans.

Oh, and I should be getting Kamikaze Midget's final draft of the adventure 4 text this week.

Russ should soon be putting up the text of adventure 3 for Gold subscribers to get an early look; probably after he's recovered from his New Year's libations.

For everyone else, here's the adventure's opening.

Wherein Archaeology Answers Modern Mysteries

The climax of the first ZEITGEIST adventure occurred in a Danoran observatory, gazing upward at the stars on an island where one could glimpse flashes of other worlds. The second adventure entailed protecting a Risuri prophet who foresaw the future in those stars, and at its conclusion the party discovered a conspiracy hiding within the Bleak Gate, a shadowy plane that parallels the real world.

Now, in the third adventure, the party will find the connection between those seemingly unrelated threads. By investigating why modern inventors and arcanoscientists are interested in prehistoric relics, the party can discover the name of an international conspiracy – the Obscurati – and hints of its ultimate goal. But before they can track down the conspiracy’s head, they first will have to protect their homeland from an otherworldly invasion held at bay for thousands of years.

cover_3.jpg

Last edited:

Ajar

Explorer
Awesome, thanks for the update! Now that my players have caught up with their lives a bit (moves, a marriage, then the holidays), I've started getting emails suggesting dates to play. I'm glad that even with a couple of months off, Zeitgeist still has its hooks in them. :)

Rugult

On Call GM
Pathfinderizing is underway. RangerWickett got me the manuscript and I've been working at converting everything over. Hopefully we can expect a similar release delay to what we've seen in previous adventures, with a potential release 1-2 weeks after the 4e version.

Anyways, back to the grindstone!

Falkus

Explorer
Woohoo, looking forward to it!

Looks like I'll need to use another Pathfinder Society adventure or two to bulk out the time between sessions. Though it was something I wanted to do anyway :D

I'm planning on running Mists of Mwangi; and setting it in the Museum of Natural history; as kind of a foreshadowing event.

Layout takes a few weeks, since Eric is working for us in addition to his normal job. As of this past weekend he had the first two acts mostly set out, but he'll need to adjust a few things. I'd expect that he should finish the third act, appendices, and player handouts before the end of the month.

Falkus

Explorer
Thanks for the update! I've got a few adventures from PFS lined up to fill in the period between Skyseer and Digging.

A question, though I think it's been answered elsewhere, I can't remember it. Does the Ragman play a significant role in any of the future adventures, or can I feel free to use him/her as the focus of an investigation between Part 2 and ?

Thank you very much!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases