RPGs 2012 PC Bodycount thread - Page 9

+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

° Ignore Celebrim
    Another one falls.

8) River, dwarf fighter 1/wizard 4: Roasted by a fireball cast by what has been hitherto the major villain, the necromancer apprentice Tarkus, who after 30 sessions and the humble beginnings as the party priest's neighbor the undertaker, was finally dispatched by the party in the Hall of Kings of the Greater Catacombs of Amalteen. The High Thane will morn the loss of his rebelious daughter, but at least the body was recovered.
    Shameless plug for my current Enworld project. Learn more than you ever wanted about the Slaad Lords here.
    New updates semi-regularly. Please stop in. Feedback, positive or negative, much appreciated.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

° Ignore Scott DeWar
    I as a DM have killed my first character in post first ed. d and d. We are playing King maker - pathfinder and i have them on a side quest. I hit them with advanced darkmantles and the good witch fell. Her spell pig now morns her death. The party is planing a hog roast in her honor.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore Altamont Ravenard
    So far, in our Rise of the Runelords game, I've lost (I can't remember the name) the Friendly rogue, Elyum the Halfling Stormborn Sorcerer and Corabb the Wandering Cleric. Now playing Bouleau the Not-Right-In-The-Brain Druid.

We've just started the 2nd adventure in the adventure path. It's going to be a bloody path.

AR

maturity consists in having rediscovered the seriousness one had as a child at play - Nietszche
    Ask any man what theyĺd do in the event of a zombie plague and their face will light up. Theyĺll go on and on about how theyĺd drive around in their pickup truck lopping off zombiesĺ heads with a samurai sword. - Jedidiah "Jed" Kirchner, Something Awful

[uhoh]sigvirus[/uhoh]

OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

° Ignore Scott DeWar
    I personally lost a ranger when we were preparing to storm the staglord's fort. he was stealth crawling through what was the graveyard that was full of zombies.

Moderator-Class Vessel
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

° Ignore Lwaxy
    Goodbye, Quandor, Count of the Echoing Heights. You were such a nice secondary while my main was recovering from almost doing what you did - dying a surprise death.

Quandor, considering himself the true heir to the throne of the Southern Gnarfs, challenged a minor Lord of the Riverside to a mage duel over the honor of a milkmaid. Little did he know that he wasn't dealing with a simple young noble, but the disguised Archmage Phyttolit - whose alignment isn't exactly good, or even lawful. The poor gnarf was blasted apart in short order. But, as he so fittingly remarked with his dying breath, he "got a scratch in!"

According to the GM, she just wanted to show us the upcoming new villain in passing so we might remember him. We will remember him, alright.
    My Story Hour campaigns. What are they up to this week?

° Ignore Scott DeWar
    And so your character pays the price. bummer.

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Aldeon
    In our Savage Worlds zombies game, we lost a sniper, a sous-chef from Harlem, and a supermodel with some zombie-killing heels. The sessions have felt pretty slow recently, so we've got character who've survived over four sessions now! Let's hope that doesn't change too quickly...

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Middle Earth or the Midwest? Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.

° Ignore UselessTriviaMan
    Our group plays every-other week, and alternates back and forth between myself and another GM (both of us are running 3.5E campaigns).

In my last game session, the freshly-leveled up party of six 4th-level PCs went up against a frost giant skeleton armed with a greataxe. They didn't use any tactics at all and charged in one-at-a-time, and the skeleton slaughtered two barbarians and a fighter one-two-three in three rounds. The cleric and the paladin stepped in last, but fell before they could finish it off. The bow-wielding rogue was the only one to survive.

In the very next game session - run by the other GM - the party of 11th-level PCs was utterly wiped out by a wail of the banshee trap. We're still not sure how we're going to bring that campaign back; I feel bad for the GM, since the campaign's lasted for almost two years real-time...

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

A country of homogeneous white pseudo-Protestants with a bland sense of style

° Ignore Jon_Dahl
    Truly, the ultimate path to destruction is to split the party.

In our previous session a group of four PCs actually managed to split to three different parts, which was a new record. The onslaught which followed was also a new record.

Players encounter a chasm, which held the keys to a very, very long-running campaign. One of the players decided to play Chaotic Neutral in "that" way and jumped into the chasm, without even checking how deep it was! He ended up in spider webs and got killed by four large spiders. He had a 7th-level PC and the total attack bonus of these spiders was +4!

The Neutral Good Scout/Barbarian decided to climb the wall of the chasm. He failed and fell to the web. He burned his way (and himself) through the webs. In the end he fell 80 ft. and got eaten by a Canoloth waiting in the bottom of the pit.

The Chaotic Neutral Ranger jumped in later on and after struggling with the webs, he faced the Canoloth and was killed. The important thing to note about Canoloth is that it excels in 1-on-1-combat.

The Neutral Something Wizard/Rogue didn't participate in any of this and left home.

Total of 3 PC kills.
    My humour is sometimes in poor taste but I mean no disrespect. I ask you not to be offended, please.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

° Ignore Jhaelen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Dahl View Post
    The Neutral Something Wizard/Rogue didn't participate in any of this and left home.
    Haha, sounds exactly like something that might have happened in one of my earlier campaigns

It also illustrates marvelously why I dislike the alignment system: Players tend to use it as an excuse for acting stupidly, counterproductively, or just plain homicidally.
    In a sense, the D&D game has no rules, only rule suggestions. - Tom Moldvay

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast