Pathfinder RPG Amethyst - Renaissance (Pathfinder) UPDATE - Page 2

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It will be both PDF and Print on Demand (POD)
    "Amethyst is an extremely vibrant new setting, presenting a campaign world that feels holistic in scope, even as the possibilities presented in this book barely seem to scratch the surface."
    Shane O'Connor (Staff Reviewer, RPG Now)

Amethyst D20
    http://www.diasexmachina.com/Teaser6.jpg
    www.diasexmachina.com

"Amethyst is an extremely vibrant new setting, presenting a campaign world that feels holistic in scope, even as the possibilities presented in this book barely seem to scratch the surface."

Amethyst D20
    www.diasexmachina.com

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ý Ignore Stacie GmrGrl
    This Sounds really cool.
    Can't wait.
    "Cthulhu made me do it. Sorry." ~ by me.

Well...it won't be much longer. I just got the prototype.

The final book is around 370 pages.

Amethyst D20
    www.diasexmachina.com

It actually ended up being 400.

And it finally was released today.

Amethyst: Renaissance - Dias Ex Machina Games | RPGNow.com

Amethyst D20
    www.diasexmachina.com

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ý Ignore Stacie GmrGrl
    Super... will buy it once the PoD option is available. Thank you.
    "Cthulhu made me do it. Sorry." ~ by me.

Shouldn't be long...

Amethyst D20
    www.diasexmachina.com

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Blog Entries
    RavenloftGygax Memorial FundI Defended The Walls!

Ý Ignore Jester Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by DiasExMachina View Post
    10 playable races (chaparran, damaskan, gimfen, human, kodiak, laudenian, narros, pagus, tenenbri, and tilen) not including half-fae.
    Query:
    I know the standard fantasy races received a name change for the 4e version because of the flavoring restrictions of the GSL, but as the OGL has no such restriction, why not return to more classical fantasy names for the Pathfinder version?
    My gaming Webcomic 5 Minute Workday at www.5mwd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Canuck View Post
    Query:
    I know the standard fantasy races received a name change for the 4e version because of the flavoring restrictions of the GSL, but as the OGL has no such restriction, why not return to more classical fantasy names for the Pathfinder version?
    Damn good question which unfortunately requires more than a short answer. We didnít change the standard fantasy races to conform to the GSL; we changed them to create a more original setting. When Amethyst was a free homebrew download (back in 2005), we kept the original D&D races. When we published our first book in 2008 for 3.5, we had changed the names and crunch, in many cases the result being a huge departure from their origins. Chaparrans were still influenced by both wood and wild elves, but tenenbri were a complete departure from their drow roots. This was not the case with monsters. Puggs were copied kobolds; boggs were copied goblins.

When we transitioned to 4th Edition, all we did to the player races was remove the mention of the word elf, replacing it with fae. We did nothing else to conform to the GSL. The races presented were as we envisioned them, intended to be original and a departure from fantasy tropes. When it came to monsters, we decided to create wholly new stat lines for the aforementioned boggs and pugs. In the end, we found this allowed us to create more original creations.

Going into Pathfinder, the thought of going back and using established non-Amethyst canon never occurred to us. We want Amethyst to be an original world, and we canít do that be lifting fluff from D&D or Pathfinder.

So I think thatís where the confusion came from. We didnít change the races because of the GSL; we had already done that for the 3.5 game, though not being obligated to do so. This shouldnít stop anyone from allowing Pathfinder races in their own Amethyst game; itís just not canon Amethyst. I have seen people running games with tieflings and dragonborn, so why not traditional Halflings and dwarves?

Amethyst D20
    www.diasexmachina.com

Based on feedback, we at DEM have decided to update the Amethyst Renaissance PDF Free Preview from 30 pages to 91. The preview includes pages 1-57, 146-159, and 268-287, now revealing all the new races, an introduction to weapons, and more information on the setting.

Amethyst D20
    www.diasexmachina.com

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast