Info/help on the Star Wars Saga RPG?

dragonis111

First Post
Well I recently found most of the pdfs for the RPG, but I have never played it before and I want to run a campaign with my current group I run pathfinder with. My main question if anyone knows of a good place to get help and tips? It looks like the only games that get their own sections on this forum are D&D and pathfinder.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Are you talking about saga edition? There have been a few versions. I'm running Dawn of Defiance for Saga edition at the moment. It is a pretty smooth system, similar to 3e/4e DND.

dragonis111

First Post
Thanks guys,and yes I am talking about the saga edition, I'm just so mad Wotc lost their license and the books are out of print.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I would also recommend the d20 Radio Forums at d20radio.com • Index page as another good resource, in particular the subforum for the Order 66 podcast.

In fact, if you've never HEARD of the Order 66 podcast, I HIGHLYHIGHLYHIGHLYHIGHLYHIGHLYHIGHLYHIGHLY recommend it as a gamer resource and all around fun listen. Those guys do it up right, enough to win a Silver ENnie, at least.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I love Saga Edition. I have all the WotC d20 SW books. Both from the original release, the Revised rules, and Saga Edition.

Saga Edition is my personal favorite, hands down. It uses a sort of a hybrid system that bridges the gap between 3.5 and 4e. Its a good game. Haven't played it in a long time, though.

My group house ruled a couple of things, but I don't remember all the details.

We made HP static, instead of a die roll. We house ruled action points to work more like 4e action points since we didn't like the notion of a per level resource that required you to level up to regain them. We also house ruled in a recovery mechanic for the encounter powers, so Jedi could recover and reuse some of their encounter oriented force powers mid-battle if they wanted to.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Loved Star Wars Saga edition. So much better than the 3E and 3E Revised editions that preceded it.

We adapted our classes and a lot of dnd house rules to suit Saga-style rules. So wish 4E used a lot of the ideas from Saga: Talent Trees, Condition Track, several range penalties (in fact more penalties in general - I loved the codified 'levels' of penalties in Saga), some healing but not resetting each day/enc - had to plan it out and guts it out ;).

Wish Pathfinder took on some of these too. To me Saga was a very happy medium. Would love a fantasy version following these rules.

Playing Saga now - can find a link to our Saga site through my sig (but it hasn't got a lot yet. Though we do have a Word doc Character Sheet (kind of 4E style) if you are interested).

dragonis111

First Post
Thanks connor, I have a neat pdf form for character sheets and some hard to find stats for some starships, perhaps we can both benefit from the information exchange.

Remove ads