Off to see the Wizards: The day that WotC showed me D&D 5th Edition - Page 8




+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Roland55's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia, US of A
    Posts
    585
    I Defended The Walls! ZEITGEIST Numenera WotBS Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Roland55
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Just like I know that the Sun will explode... eventually.

    I really wish people would stop acting like they KNOW things when all they have is speculation and rumour. You didn't KNOW anything. You, like everyone else, madly and wildly speculated based on nothing more than pure imagination; crap in a bucket often enough and eventually you'll get something resembling a Picasso.
    I would love to have given you XP, just for that image.

    But ... you know ... "You must give" and all that.
    Roland55
    -Prehistoric Gamer
    -TechnoPhile

 

  • #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    That part that I made bold and italics, can you tell me where you've seen WotC say that this is there intent?
    From this article at ENWorld, on the first page of this thread:

    "The Forgotten Realms will be supported from the start, and a video game art studio from China has been hired to fully detail the Realms. I asked if going forward support would be continued for the current time after the Spellplague and the Neverwinter Campaign. A <acronym title="Wizards of the Coast">WotC</acronym> spokesperson answered, "The Forgotten Realms has a rich history and we will support all of it. It is for the gamers to decide which time they would enjoy playing in." "
    It's a mix of talking about the Neverwinter MMO and the PnP Realms.

    I recall seeing it also at the WotC main site, pretty much the same info though.

  • #73
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,287

    Ignore trancejeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Just like I know that the Sun will explode... eventually.
    Er, it won't, actually. It's not massive enough. It will slowly expand to a Red Giant, then turn into a White Dwarf (after doing some shedding, but not exploding)

  • #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Therise View Post
    From this article at ENWorld, on the first page of this thread:

    "The Forgotten Realms will be supported from the start, and a video game art studio from China has been hired to fully detail the Realms. I asked if going forward support would be continued for the current time after the Spellplague and the Neverwinter Campaign. A <acronym title="Wizards of the Coast">WotC</acronym> spokesperson answered, "The Forgotten Realms has a rich history and we will support all of it. It is for the gamers to decide which time they would enjoy playing in." "
    It's a mix of talking about the Neverwinter MMO and the PnP Realms.

    I recall seeing it also at the WotC main site, pretty much the same info though.
    Right, I saw this quote, thanks. But I don't see where they say anything about undoing the spellplague event.
    jason.richardson

  • #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    Right, I saw this quote, thanks. But I don't see where they say anything about undoing the spellplague event.
    It's probably very unlikely that they'll un-do the Spellplague entirely, I just said they would be "toning it down". Over at Candlekeep, "toning it down" is a common consensus for what they'd have to do to bring people back (those that left, or stopped buying the Realms products).

  • #76
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Vyvyan Basterd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    3,028

    Ignore Vyvyan Basterd
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    Right, I saw this quote, thanks. But I don't see where they say anything about undoing the spellplague event.
    Quote Originally Posted by WotC
    The Forgotten Realms has a rich history and we will support all of it.
    Why would they need to undo the Spellplague? Would you deny those that actually liked it of an era that they enjoy playing in? The important part of the WotC quote, IMO, is above. They plan to support all eras of the Forgotten Realms history.
    WotBS: Adrana's Diary

    "Pudding!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

    Proud Rouseketeers Member-Badge #33

  • #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyan Basterd View Post
    Why would they need to undo the Spellplague? Would you deny those that actually liked it of an era that they enjoy playing in? The important part of the WotC quote, IMO, is above. They plan to support all eras of the Forgotten Realms history.
    I consider the spellplague so stupendously stupid that, yes, I would wholeheartedly embrace denying it remain a part of the Realms' history. To be frank, I could care less what other fans of the Realms think about any era of the history. But that's just my opinion, of course. I'm just one guy with some dice and access to the internet, so don't take me too seriously.
    jason.richardson

  • #78
    What if they rebooted the Realms all the way back to the gray box... (kind of like the Star Trek movie).
    Looking for South NJ, (Burl. Co. area) gamers, possibly for some 1974 OD&D.

    Info here.

  • #79
    The Dragon holds a vigil
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    darjr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    4,720
    Blog Entries
    3
    Admin

    Ignore darjr
    a grey box reboot would be cool

  • #80
    Quote Originally Posted by darjr View Post
    a grey box reboot would be cool
    That would be beyond cool, but I think we have a better chance of getting Gygax to design 5th than it happening.
    jason.richardson

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. What Would Google Do? - the Wizards of the Coast Edition
      By tylerthehobo in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Monday, 20th April, 2009, 04:13 AM
    2. Fantasy Baseball showed me 5E!
      By jgsugden in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Monday, 9th March, 2009, 11:24 PM
    3. 4th Edition Red Wizards
      By Falling Icicle in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 76
      Last Post: Tuesday, 15th April, 2008, 01:28 PM
    4. How Mythusmage Would Change D&D for 4th Edition if Wizards Hired Him
      By mythusmage in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 76
      Last Post: Wednesday, 17th August, 2005, 08:58 PM
    5. Wizards, WOTC, and Hasbro, Inc.?
      By Tav_Behemoth in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd November, 2004, 08:26 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •