WotC Seeks Unity with a New Edition

I stepped off the carousel some time ago. As it goes around, again, I'll keep an eye on it. I doubt I'll be offered anything worth stepping back onto it, but we'll see.

buddhafrog

First Post
I have an addiction and laready want to give them more of my money.

It will be fun to see how this develops over time.

Too bad Enworld's countdown clock was set too late....

Zulithe

Explorer
Really excited to be following the developments over the next year. I'm glad they seem to be taking a more open approach to its development, something that worked out great for Paizo and Pathfinder -- it really helps the community feel like it's "their" game when they have a voice in things.

So judging by that article it sounds like we can expect the first finished books to launch At GenCon 2013. Who wants to place their bets early?

A

amerigoV

The odd numbered editions have been my favorites so far. Thus, I deem this to be an automatic slam dunk success!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
So, I clickie the "become a part of this!" link, and went to the D&D Next group, and saw this little number:

http://community.wizards.com/dndnext said:
By posting in this group you agree that your comments, suggestions, ideas, and/or creative materials or other information ("Feedback") are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Wizards. This does not apply to any personal information about you (such as name, mailing address and e-mail address), the use and disclosure of which is described in Wizards' Privacy Policy.

....oh hai draconian claim of intellectual property on my words.

We ain't off to a roaring start here, are we?

So, I clickie the "become a part of this!" link, and went to the D&D Next group, and saw this little number:

....oh hai draconian claim of intellectual property on my words.

We ain't off to a roaring start here, are we?
Isn't that the boilerplate stuff they say on all of WotC forum, and in fact on most game creator forums?

Though isn't it usually an exclusive license? I suppose they really want to be sure no open playtester claims that they owe him royalities for his great idea to make Come And Get It an attack vs willpower. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases