Everything we know about D&D 5th Edition

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As is our tradition, beginning with Eric Noah's 3E news page, and through the 4E development period, EN World has a dedicated page which compiles and summarizes all the currently known information about the upcoming edition of D&D.

Bookmark it and check back often - it'll be updated every time we get new information. And remember, always send in your scoops! Any new nugget of info, any little quote, adds to the aggregate to give us a firm picture of the new edition.

Gaming Tonic

First Post
Here is one last little nugget for the fans who have supported us today. It doesn't give away any mechanics but may give all the readers some insight into what they designers are thinking. When I asked Mike Mearls "When you think of classic D&D what elements spring to mind?" his response was, "Alignment, Races, Classes, Monsters". Notice the order of that. Just a little note I found tucked in my notebook margin.

Not sure if this should go here but please highlight in a different colour the new updates so we can find them with ease.

Keep up the good work guys :)

TheOutsyder83

First Post
I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for this...

I followed the 4E news page back in '07-'08, and never took the time to thank the EN World folks for compiling all of that and keeping it up to date. This time, I want to thank you ahead of time.

Baumi

Adventurer
I'm not sure if this count as a scoop (it's quite vaque), but in the new rule of three ( Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Rule-of-Three: 01/10/12) ), the last questions talks about healing and roles and Rodney writes:

I don't think "requiring someone to be a healer" is a sacred cow, but having healers in the game is. I wouldn't want to see D&D do away with healing, but I don't think there's anything keeping us from exploring a version of D&D where players can simply play anything they want, ignoring concepts like role and function when putting together their party. To do so, we would need to take a serious look at the way player resources are allocated in D&D, and make some adjustments to the assumptions behind the design of everything from adventures to encounters to monsters.

Remove ads