Everything we know about D&D 5th Edition

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not sure if this should go here but please highlight in a different colour the new updates so we can find them with ease.

I just updated it with the two tidbits from this thread.

As a compromise, I'm currently adding the word NEW in bright red in front of new stuff. That should make it easy to find without making the whole thing too much of a mess. :)

Klaus

First Post
Check this post in ArtOrder, the blog of D&D's Senior Art Director Jon Schindehette:
The Future of Dungeons & Dragons | The ArtOrder

I’ve also been asked to start writing an article for Wizards over the coming months (years?) to talk about the creative process involved with the creation of D&D, and the art and artists of Dungeons & Dragons. I want to offer everyone that has a vested interested in D&D, like myself, the opportunity to get involved in the creative process, and help me shape the best edition of D&D ever! Currently the articles are slated to stat hitting the web in the beginning of February. I just had my first editorial meeting on it Friday, so the details will be getting sorted out over the coming weeks….more to come.

Klaus

First Post
And here are Rob Schwalb's thoughts:
Dungeons & Dragons… Next

As you have no doubt read, our primary goal is to produce a rules set that speaks to every incarnation of D&D. So if you are a diehard BECMI/Rules Cyclopedia enthusiast or have embraced 4th edition, loved 2nd edition, 3rd edition, or never moved on from 1st edition, we’re creating this game for you. Imagine a game where you can play the version of D&D you love best. And then imagine everyone plays at the same table, in the same adventure. We aim to make a universal game system that lets you play the game in whatever way, whatever style, with whatever focus you want, whether you want to kick down doors and kill monsters, engage in high intrigue, intense roleplaying, or simply to immerse yourself in a shared world. We’re creating a game where the mechanics can be as complex or as light as you want them. We’re creating the game you want to play.

I just updated it with the two tidbits from this thread.

As a compromise, I'm currently adding the word NEW in bright red in front of new stuff. That should make it easy to find without making the whole thing too much of a mess. :)

That is great and just remove the old 'news' and put in the new 'news' every so often :D

Thattanguy

First Post
if I could request one small addition/enhancement to the New update system, it would to include a timestamp or date segment to each update. this would help with checking backdated information and help quick-browsing the thread. just my 2cp.

Daniel

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
if I could request one small addition/enhancement to the New update system, it would to include a timestamp or date segment to each update. this would help with checking backdated information and help quick-browsing the thread. just my 2cp.

You're just trying to turn that one page into a full time occupation for me! :D

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
It's been great to be able to link people to that single page for news and updates on 5E. Thanks for setting that up, Morrus! :)

Remove ads