[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

perrinmiller

Adventurer
A continuation of a Living Pathfinder adventure, set in the vicinity of Venza for 4-5 characters of levels 3rd-6th.

Judge: GlassEye?
DM: Perrinmiller

Heroes:
Mowgli: Pari Kalikasan, Male Gnome Druid-3/Fighter-2
Mfloyd3: Garnet Sharnhearth, Female Dwarf Fighter-4
Shayuri: Maia, Female Aasimar Oracle-4
DalkonCledwin: Male Half-elf 3rd Level Summoner, Veniarus & Kalius
NPC: Female Aasimar 5th level Cleric, Ariel Esimae

[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 11 Jan 2012 until 2 May 2012 (113 days)
Pari started at 12972XP
Garnet started at 8903XP
Maia started at 8338XP
Veniarus started at 3745XP

Heinrich started at 7429XP on 22 Jan 2012; finished on 4 Feb 2012 (14 days) = 7737XP & +350GP

Enc#8: +880XP each (Sunderham's Imports) 17 April 2012

Everyone leveled on 17 Apr 2012

[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]+1 Longspear (2305gp) -> Garnet
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (40 charges) (40x15=600gp) -> Maia
45.5gp
25ft ladder (weighs 50 lbs) (.5gp)
Sub-total = 2951gp (590.2 each) This is each share to buy-in or out from party's shared items.

Enc#8: MWK Half-plate armor (750gp), MWK Greatsword (350gp), Leather (10gp), Rapier (20gp), 3xLight Crossbows (105gp), 30xBolts(3gp), Studded Leather (25gp), MWK Rapier (320gp), Shortsword (10gp), 3xDaggers (3gp), Half-plate (600gp), Greataxe (20gp), 2 x Spell Component Pouches (10gp), +1 Banded-mail (1400gp), +1 Light Wooden Shield (1157gp), +1 Heavy Mace (2312gp), Silver Holy Symbol (25gp), 235gp. Total = 7355gp
[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards]Run Time 113 days; Everyone advanced a level on 17 Apr (@98days)
Pari:
XP: 12972(start) + 880(Enc) + 2744(98x28) + 660(15x44) = 17256XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 3038(98x31) + 630(15x42) = +5729.2GP

Garnet:
XP: 8903(start) + 880(Enc) + 2156(98x22) + 420(15x28) = 12359XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 2450(98x25) + 465(15x31) = +4976.2GP

Maia:
XP: 8338(start) + 880(Enc) + 2156(98x22) + 420(15x28) = 11794XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 2450(98x25) + 465(15x31) = +4976.2GP

Veniarus:
XP: 3745(start) + 880(Enc) + 1470(98x15) + 330(15x22) = 6425XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 1666(98x17) + 375(15x25) = +3512GP

DMC = 7.91[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Once safely ensconced in the private room, Pari responds to Ariel's question. "Maia's OK. I'm not sure why she turned out the way she did, but she seems more incredibly innocent and naive than 'touched.' In spite of that, she's been very helpful and surprisingly effective. And her . . . different . . . outlook has proven to be quite insightful on many occasions."

mfloyd3

Explorer
The Dwarf's response to the question is more direct, though she keeps her voice low so that Maia will not hear her as she enters the room. "She is a good comrade. Speak no ill of her." Garnet's voice is low, and her tone neutral, but it is clear she will brook no argument.

[sblock=Garnet stat block]
Garnet
Initiative: +3, +5 underground
AC: 23 (21 flat-footed, 12 Touch); +2 vs. aberrations
HP: 45 Current: 45
CMB: +6 CMD: 19; bonuses vs. aberrations
Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +2; bonuses vs. poisons, spells, spell-like abilities & fear
Current Weapon in Hand:
+1 Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +08, Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3
Bashing Light Shield: Attack: +07 Damage: 1d6+3

TWF: -2 attk w/both wpns, STR/2 dmg w/off-hand (shield)
+1 to-hit vs. Goblins
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Maia chooses that moment to come in, and her deep violet eyes flick worriedly from person to person as she shuts the door behind her.

"I know I must seem strange to you," she says softly, "I don't know some things I should, and there may be other things too. But it's not because I'm stupid or hurt or anything like that. I came here from a long ways away, and I'm still learning what's normal."

Anxiously, she finishes with, "Please don't send me away. I want to see this through. I'll try to be better."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Maia, there is no harm in not understanding the world around us. I myself only just recently came to a broader understanding of human society. If I might say this, the innocence about the world that you display is quite endearing, and I think even Ariel could learn a thing or two from it." Veniarus says as he enters the room behind Maia and the others.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel glares at Veniarus and remarks with a hint of her fiery temper thinking that the summoner is either trying to get her goat again or be condescending.

"I know not what you speak of, Veniarus. Though you do tend to prattle on without saying much of importance. Sometimes your pet has more important things to say, I think."

"Anyway, Maia. I would not ask to send you away, I was offering to help you. Considering if this fiend you faced is so dangerous, why have your companions let you venture forth without decent gear and equipment?"

She looks speculatively at Pari and Garnet wondering if they have need of her Lessor Restoration spell instead. However, the young woman holds her tongue.

GM: Seriously, is Maia going to do shopping or is she waiting for her companions to hold her hand on this? I forget. :hmm:
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Lessor Restoration, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Noticing Ariel seemingly took offense to his jest, Veniarus tries to mend the fence by saying "Sorry Ariel, I was only teasing you. I do apologize if you took offense to my statement." He then turns to Pari and with a much more serious tone and look says, "Tell me more of this woman, from the sounds of things she is some kind of spellcaster, and if that is the case going into combat with her, if it comes to that, we would be best served if we were prepared with as much information as we can possibly have, and probably with the best equipment for dealing with her particular type of spellcasting."

Shayuri

First Post
Maia beams happily at Garnet and leans over to give the dwarf a surprise hug from behind.

To Ariel she says without rancor, "We only just got more heavy metals to trade. I was going to do that when I saw the animal building and went to get a better look. And then things moved kind of fast...and here we are!"

Maia nods, confirming her story. "So I guess I should go trade for some things before we go. It won't be long though!"

(OOC - Have my hands full just keeping up with the IC threads :) I'll see to it today.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases