[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet looks over the building and its surroundings, trying and failing to look like a casual observer. Her shield is on her arm, but her axe is still across her back.

"What do you think?" she asks the others. "They'll surely be ready for a frontal assault. Does anyone see another way?" It occurs to her that she has been away from the mountains too long. She would never have asked a group of Dwarves for another choice.

OOC: Standing at K18. Garnet should probably be at the lead of the group, along with the eidelon and/or tiger, yes?

PM: Are there any windows on the warehouse? Also, are there any Whitecloaks around? And am I correct in thinking it could make trouble if a group of adventurers try to batter down a door in the middle of the docks?

[sblock=Garnet stat block]
Garnet
Initiative: +3, +5 underground
AC: 23 (21 flat-footed, 12 Touch); +2 vs. aberrations
HP: 45 Current: 45
CMB: +6 CMD: 19; bonuses vs. aberrations
Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +2; bonuses vs. poisons, spells, spell-like abilities & fear
Current Weapon in Hand:
+1 Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +08, Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3
Bashing Light Shield: Attack: +07 Damage: 1d6+3

TWF: -2 attk w/both wpns, STR/2 dmg w/off-hand (shield)
+1 to-hit vs. Goblins
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari strolls down the docks with his comrades in arms, occasionally scratching Tagaiwi behind the ears or under his chin and lost in thoughts of their objective. As the crew closes in on Sunderham's, he looks around and takes note of their surroundings. Well, it's fairly obvious what we're about, I guess. We look exactly what we are . . . a wrecking crew on a mission.

He stops with the others to consider the objective; while he's looking, he takes a moment for a quick prayer to Kavan and feels a fresh spring in his legs.

"I'm guessing she knows we're coming by now, friends, if she's there at all. I'd say straight in and get it done. Anyone care to check for traps on the door, or shall we barrel on through?

"I'd like Tagaiwi close to me; he'll watch my flank should I need to use the bow against the bitch, and I want to be close if he needs some healing. So if he's to be out front I'll be with 'im."

[sblock=OOC]Casting Longstrider. Will also begin spamming Resistance before entering - though it likely won't require a recasting at this point, since it lasts 30 rounds . . .[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Pari Kalikasan
Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 15 Touch), +2 AC vs. Aberrations, Oozes & Vermin
HP: 47/47
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +9 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Senses: Low Light Vision
Perception: +13, Sense Motive: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Scythe

Special Abilities: Speak w/ Animals (1/Day), Woodland Stride

Spells Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance, Stabilize
1st Level: Aspect of the Falcon, Longstrider, Ray of Sickening, Frigid Touch, Pox Pustules

Tagaiwi
Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (14 Flat-Footed, 17 Touch)
HP: 47/47
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +4

Senses: Low Light Vision, Scent
Perception: +8, Sense Motive: +2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

With the gnome casting spells in preparation, Ariel assists, "Let me add Helina's guidance and resistance to our band of heroes as well."

The warmaiden also casts a defensive spell to toughen her skin like bark in preparation for the assumed battle ahead.

"I can add Helina's Blessing as well once we get ready to enter."

OOC: Staying put off the map for now, let me know where you want Ariel to be. Probably in the middle?

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
And am I correct in thinking it could make trouble if a group of adventurers try to batter down a door in the middle of the docks?
You are in a seedy part of the city and the door might not be locked. It is a place of business.[/sblock]As Garnet looks around, there are no Whitecloaks in sight. She doesn't recall seeing any in the last 5 minutes of their approach to the pier, either.

Looking at the building from the head of the pier, she cannot see any windows on the front or near side. The double doors have some small windows built into them, but only about 1 square foot in size.

[sblock=Updated Map]
SnFAEnc8Map00I.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Please provide grid coordinates from here on out.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Veniarus looks at the Strange man and says "HUH!?"

"just a thought." The wizard moves forward (L,17). and prepares his shield spell (will cast next round).

[sblock=mini stats]

AC13 = [10 + DEX (02) + Armor (01) + Natural (00) + Misc (00)]
AC TOUCH 12 = [10 + DEX (02)]
AC FLAT FOOT 11 = [10 + Armor (01) + Natural (00) + Misc (00)]
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +2
CMD: 14

Fortitude: +1 = [Wizard (01) + CON (00) + Misc (00)]
Reflex: +3 = [Wizard (01) + DEX (02) + Misc (00)]
Will: +5 = [Wizard (04) + WIS (01) + Misc (00)]
Resistance: 5 fire
Conditions if Effect: fire and acid based feats

Current Weapon in Hand: Light cross bow +1
bolts remaining: 18/18 Remaining

Crossbow, Light: Attack: +06 = [BAB (02) + dex (02) + Misc (01) + Magic (01)]
--Damage: 1d8, Crit: 19-20/x2, Special: range 80 feet, type P

Fire Jet(Su): Attack: Auto hit
--Damage: 1d6+2(fire), Special: Reflex save for 1/2 dmg (DC 16) or catch fire and take additional
--1d6(fire) dmg; Range: 20' line USES: 7 OF 7

Code:
0 Level              Level 01                 Level 02               
* Mage Hand          * Burning Hands# (1)     * Burning hands of acid &
* Detect Magic       * shield                 * scorching ray #
* Light              * Feather fall           * Cat's grace
* acid splash        * Burning Hands# (1)     *
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: Just to speed this along, at player level, how do we feel about getting our marching order down and just strolling up to the door? Garnet is opposed to waiting for nightfall, as the priestess may already have seen them.

It sounds like want Pari/Tagaiwi and Garnet up front, Venarius and his eidolon in the second rank, then Maia and Heinrich, and Ariel as rearguard? This may be a bit of a waste, because Ariel looks like a strong melee fighter and I don't think we'll get outflanked in the close quarters of the building. But we have more melee power than spell power at this point, so it might be useful to leave Ariel free to cast for a round or two as well as having an ace up our sleeve in case we are outflanked.

Sound OK?

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: @mfloyd3 Sounds good to me. Going to cast Mage Armor on Kalius, and spam Guidance and Resistance on Veniarus and Kalius prior to entering combat.

Before entering, Veniarus casts a defensive spell on his Eidolon so as to prevent it from taking as much damage from the opponents that they may face.

[sblock=Veniarus Mini Stats] Veniarus Tollar (DalkonCledwin)
Perception: +2
Armor Class: 15 (13 Flat-footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 23 Current // 23 Total
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4
Save Modifiers: +1 Cloak of Resistance

Current Weapon: +1 Light Crossbow, Loaded, +5 (1d8+1), x10 Bolts

Augmented Summon Monster II: 7/7 Remaining
Spells Per Day: Infinite Cantrips Remaining; 3/4 First Level Remaining
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance, Message, Resistance, Acid Splash
First Level Spells: Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Grease, Life Conduit[/sblock]
[sblock=Kalius Mini Stats]Kalius (Eidolon)
Perception: +14
Armor Class: 16 (14 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
Mage Armor Class: 20 (18 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 29 Current // 29 Total
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +1
Save Modifiers: None

Current Weapon: M.W. Lucerne Hammer, +8 (1d12+4), 10 ft reach, Brace
Secondary Attack: Bite +1 (1d6+1) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Let's have one to open the door (Garnett?) at H26. Maybe put Ariel beside him at I26. Pari and Tagaiwi can "flank" the door on one side at G25 and G26 respectfully. Veniarus and Kalius at J25 and J26, "flanking" on the other side. Heinrich and Maia can be a few feet back at H23 and I23 to provide ranged fire as needed. We're still close enough together that an area effect will get most or all of us, but at least we're not all lined up straight in front of the door in case of line effects. BTW, I'm fine with Pari and Tagaiwi taking point as well if that's what's desired - not trying to keep them out of the line of fire :)

Remove ads