How do you feel about the future of D&D after the official announcements? - Page 18

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the future of D&D after the recent announcements?

Voters
2326. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

1,354 58.21%
  • Neutral

648 27.86%
  • Negative

324 13.93%
+ Log in or register to post
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Positive. I don't know how they can possibly integrate 4e with the rest, and would be perfectly fine if they just dumped it, but I see this news as the most positive thing to happen with D&D in many years.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore soulnova
    Quote Originally Posted by cyderak View Post

**Commission awesome RPG artists to give the game and D&D world a fresh look. NOT A CHINESE VIDEO GAME COMPANY TO DO THE ARTWORK!! ..........IDIOTS!!

Because asians can't draw fantasy landscapes, right?

Seriously, if they get the right studio, this might be the only thing I'm actually looking forward from the new edition.

Still, I'm skeptical on the project. I'll give it a try once it's out to see how it goes.
    Fantasy Maps || http://fantasy-maps.blogspot.com/

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Blog Entries

Ignore Plane Sailing
    Quote Originally Posted by Li Shenron View Post
    Positive. New edition means new online arguing means new fun.
    online arguing at ENworld will result in banning this time round though. Probably not so much fun.

Just sayin'
    Plane Sailing
    (Enworld Admin)
    If you need to email me click here

I'd like things to go back and forth from "ARGH!" to "WOOO!" more frequently. - Kamikaze Midget

Quote Originally Posted by soulnova View Post
    Because asians can't draw fantasy landscapes, right?

Seriously, if they get the right studio, this might be the only thing I'm actually looking forward from the new edition.

Still, I'm skeptical on the project. I'll give it a try once it's out to see how it goes.
    So.....your saying out-sourcing is the way to go??

Honestly Cyderak, they don't have much choice. It's not like they have an art staff anymore. So, any art they do have will be commission in any case. Who they commission will depend on lots of things, but, it's always going to be out-sourced. D&D art hasn't been in-house for over a decade.
    The rules don't give the DM their authority. The consent of the players does. - Mallus

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Tamlyn
    I'm neutral.

There's still too much we don't know. How modular is modular? What are they trying to mimic from previous editions, and how will those aspects work alongside the aspects mimicked from other editions.

And to be honest, WOTC has been long on promise and short on delivery lately. I was really excited about the possibility of a virtual table top 4 years ago.

I'll try to follow the news about it. I may be able to convince my group to try to playtest. When the complete ruleset comes out I'll give it a look-see. It's just too hard to get worked up about it right now, when so many things will change from what I think I'm hearing at the moment to when the game is released.

I hope to change my opinion to hopeful, eventually.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore thegrayghost
    I'm neutral, but curious on the new edition. Right now it sounds like a bad infomercial. It dices, it slices, it does everything! All for the low low price of $19.95, but wait there's more. Time will tell if it is one of those late night purchase's that end up in every garage sale or something that you can't live without.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Blog Entries

Ignore neuronphaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Talinfein View Post
    Definitely positive. It's not going to be easy doing all they want to do, but the goal is worthwhile. I think the next edition will be significantly simpler at its core, and that may very well be a good thing. I personally like the complexity of 4E, but not everybody does. In the end, good design goals for me are balanced classes, cooperation among players and easy prep for the DM. How they go accomplishing that I don't particularly care.
    As the dude on Storage Wars says, YUUUP!
    timbannock.com * gaming, humor, business

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore William Ronald
    I find myself somewhere between neutral and positive. I barely played any 4E and I am an active Pathfinder player. Yet, I think that the new edition could be good for our hobby. However, I think it will be hard if not impossible to reunify a greatly fragmented base. Also, it seems that a LOT of people want different things from a new edition.
    What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding? -- Elvis Costello

Cooperative Dungeon 04 -- When Heroes Fall Story Hour

DMing Advice

Please visit my Maps and Other Campaign Resources thread and please feel free to contribute to it.

D&D Army signatory

POSITIVE.

I want D&D to feel like D&D again.

I enjoyed 4E well enough, but I felt like I was playing... something other than D&D.

I believe Mearls & co. really do want to make a version that we will all want to play, and that simply must have appeal to fans of older editions.

If 5E fails, I believe it will be done as well as possible, and just be sad proof that you CAN'T please all (or most of) the fans with a single edition.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast