Should we get rid of demons and devils?

foolish_mortals

First Post
guys,

from the boobs thread I've become convinced that demons and devils need to be removed from the game. The thinking is simple: things that are controversial cause game sales to go down. We know from dnds history that there were satanic charges agains the game because of those nasty demons and devils. Sales must have been ruined. Since all we care about are giant sales volumes we need to get rid of the demons or devils. They've shrunk the community in the past and will certainly do it again in the future. America has become more conservative, we can't handle having demons and devils in the game. Time to get rid of the evil guys. More sales please.

foolish_mortals

nnms

First Post
I think the opposite is true. I think the satanic hoopla in the 1980s made the game more popular and made it sell better.

Herschel

Adventurer
So if you can't see their boobs they shouldn't be in the game?

I still remember the crapstorm when 2E decided to pull them. It was not pretty.

Jack99

Adventurer
Seriously? You might want to read up on the history of DND.

This short message was brought to you by Tapatalk and my iPad

Jawsh

First Post
This thread is an important reminder not to let what you think would affect sales also affect your judgment. When you get a chance to give feedback on the game, whether it's in a forum or in WotC's own feedback system, give them honest feedback on the stuff you actually like. Don't go on what you think would sell better. You would be surprised how many people agree with you on your actual tastes.

So for me, nudity and demons and devils, please.

foolish_mortals

First Post
This thread is an important reminder not to let what you think would affect sales also affect your judgment. When you get a chance to give feedback on the game, whether it's in a forum or in WotC's own feedback system, give them honest feedback on the stuff you actually like. Don't go on what you think would sell better. You would be surprised how many people agree with you on your actual tastes.

So for me, nudity and demons and devils, please.

this is a superior post. I agree completely. People should not let their Fear of how something they'd like cutting into sales affect if they want in the game or not. I hope I said that right. Don't let your Fear of lower sales affect what you say you want in the game.

I remember when they changed the demons name to Tanarii or something in 2nd. It seemed cheesy.

foolish_mortals

Remove ads