Help! I need a backstory! And a character!

Grim

First Post
I am at a total loss as to what my character should be. The party has a fighter, a ranger, and a wizard. Me and another player havent decided yet.

This is all the DM has told us:

The campain is set on the sword coast of FR, near baulder's gate at the beginning.

Each character is somehow angry or involved with a group of goblin slavers and thier Gnoll master.

I want my character to be an offbeat character, one that spins the normal conceptions of his race or class. My origional idea was a gnome bard that is always silent because he was cast out of his clan, but I dont quite like that enough.

Any suggestions? Differnt class or race? Better backstory?

Thanks in advance for help...

Grim

Last edited:

Gorilla726

First Post
Bwa ha ha!!!

How about a dwarf who wants peace for all?

Or maybe a half-orc bard?

Hope that helps! If you feel like it, post back with thoughts. :) I like feedback. Lol. See ya!

Gorilla

MDSnowman

First Post
A Half-Orc with Apprentice Levels in Barbarian and Wizard (or sorcerer) and the Magical Prodigy Feat from FR. Later on your psychotic Half-Orc would be perfect for the Rage Mage Prestige Class from Dragon ::thinks:: 277

Terraism

Explorer
Buttercup said:
How about a CG Goblin cleric who has exiled himself from his tribe because he is opposed to slavery?
That's a darned good idea. I was thinking something unique for a cleric, but you beat me to it. Very nice, Buttercup. :)

Grim

First Post
Thanks guys! I actually ended up playing a wild elf paladin of Kelemvor, which although still by the book is pretty... wacky. His clan was killed by the slavers, including their gnoll leader, because the clan routienly hunted gnolls, and the slaver leader had particular hatred of them. My character as a child witnessed the slaugher of his clan, including his little sister, and swore blood vengance (something only a priest of Kelemvor can officially sanction, and which requires compensation to the church), in exchange for becoming a paladin of Kelemvor and serving the church faithfully, and "donating" what was left of his clan's belongings, mostly "masterwork" horses of exceptionally good quality. I like the goblin idea. Maybe if the paly gets whacked, which is likely due to that whole "do not retreat" thing, I'd play the goblin...

But thanks for the ideas...

Grim

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases