What name would you like the next iteration of D&D to bear?

What name would you like to see on the cover of the new edition?

• "Dungeons & Dragons" (no qualifier)

Votes: 489 49.7%
  • "D&D Next"

Votes: 29 3.0%
  • "D&D 5th Edition"

Votes: 290 29.5%
  • "D&D 2013" (or 2014, or whenever)

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • "D&D Anniversary Edition"

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • "D&D Final"

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • "D&D Ultimate Edition"

Votes: 19 1.9%
  • "D&D Generations"

Votes: 34 3.5%
  • "D&D Extreme"

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • "D&D Legacies"

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 32 3.3%

Tuhljin

First Post
Given that D&D 5e has 10 times as many votes as D&D Next, and plain D&D has twice as many votes as that, I think D&D Next is dead in the water. Assuming they listen to us. :)

D&D Next is a project codename, anyway. They never intended it to be the actual product name.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I think D&D (no qualifier) is the best option. The previous books haven't necessarily displayed edition number all that prominently, and I think people who care about edition number don't need to be told what edition a particular book is. Presumably, it would be clear to a novice which books are part of the 5e landscape and which are not, because each edition has such different design.

The other names didn't really do it for me. The unqualified one is the best way to communicate a message of universality.

Gokijin

First Post
I like "Dungeons and Dragons" as a qualifying name, but if they are bringing every version of D&D into one...I think it deserves the qualifier Legacies. Because this is a compilation of all editions and this is more than 40 years of D&D going into this, it is kind of a "legacy" edition. However, I am sure most of us will just call it "5th Edition" anyways, but I like the idea of this new edition. Its evolving to fit all kinds of play styles and I like the fact you can optimize in more ways than just one. I like the idea of the class you chose to play will offer stat bonuses and the idea that your gear will last longer than one or two sessions.

I only hope that this new edition will deliver and stand up to all the hype it is currently receiving. I don't care for having a ton of magic items personally, but I like the fact I can play a lot of different classes in more than one way. I am looking forward to this!

First Post
Since they won't be able to pull off a new edition after this, might as well just call it 'Dungeons and Dragons'.

It's both an opening of something new, and the last of them to come. Just fitting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases