Culling Information on the White Cloaks

Satin Knights

First Post
I still think you need Lieutenants in there between Captains and Grunts.

A standard squad on patrol is generally going to be one lieutenant and five to six grunts. That group is large enough to cause one or two rabble rousers in a tussle to shut up and back down, and is large enough to take on an adventuring party if need be.

jkason

First Post
I was thinking of having him show up off-duty in the Roses visiting Finia. Alternatively, I can come up with another commander if that's how we want to play it.

If he's off-duty, he can show up anywhere, seems to me. :)

To me, he seems best in a free-floating role ... sort of Commander-At-Large, rather than having a district. That way, he might be around to introduce PCs to Commander XYZ, who is in charge of a district, but Parsons provides some continuity.

It probably doesn't help that I was sort of building him off the cuff to fill a need, and probably gave him a bad title to begin with. I hadn't really considered which district he should fit into, and I've thrown him in the mix since then because I already knew his personality. The idea of 'at large,' though, does seem to nicely cover for my poor planning. It gets him into the district to see Finia / help House Gabbiano, but also accounts for the fact that, yes, he's not really refined enough to be the Big Wig in the upper crust district. And it would make sense that one or more persons would have to be acting to coordinate between districts, and such coordinators would be of decent rank.

Maybe he got 'promoted' to the role of Adventurer Liaison for the Whitecloaks.

I sort of love this, especially because:

Hah! I don't imagine that promotion would be well-received.

heh. Indeed. I can only imagine the groans of horror at that meeting... :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
I still think you need Lieutenants in there between Captains and Grunts.

A standard squad on patrol is generally going to be one lieutenant and five to six grunts. That group is large enough to cause one or two rabble rousers in a tussle to shut up and back down, and is large enough to take on an adventuring party if need be.

Oh sure, lieutenants or sergeants depending on social status.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases