WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

When people complain about a new edition and say things like 'it's not REAL D&D' they actually mean 'It's not MY D&D'. 1st Edition AD&D is MY D&D, and nothing will ever change that. I will happily plunk down the green for these, and put them to good use running games!

qstor

Adventurer
Maybe the 2nd Edition Player's Handbook and Monstrous Manual (especially the MM), but does anyone really think the 2nd Edition Dungeon Master's Guide is worthy of a reprint? It is by far the worst DMG of any edition!

I think its the 4e IMHO. But the 2nd is close behind.

Mike

Beastman

First Post
Hiho,

pre-ordered BUT

anyone knows what printing (version) is reprinted and if the reprints contain the latest errata / updates?

need more info please...

WotC_Trevor

First Post
I know a lot of you are as excited as I am (and some/many even more excited) so I wanted to make sure you had the most recent info on the 1E book release.

To keep it short, the process behind "re-mastering" the original materials unfortunately pushed back the release date a bit. But have no fear - I do have a date for you. We're looking to get out the 1st Edition Premium Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide on July 17th, 2012.

And there was much rejoicing.

Sammael

Adventurer
I know a lot of you are as excited as I am (and some/many even more excited) so I wanted to make sure you had the most recent info on the 1E book release.

To keep it short, the process behind "re-mastering" the original materials unfortunately pushed back the release date a bit. But have no fear - I do have a date for you. We're looking to get out the 1st Edition Premium Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide on July 17th, 2012.

And there was much rejoicing.
Anything on the non-US availability?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
i know a lot of you are as excited as i am (and some/many even more excited) so i wanted to make sure you had the most recent info on the 1e book release.

To keep it short, the process behind "re-mastering" the original materials unfortunately pushed back the release date a bit. But have no fear - i do have a date for you. We're looking to get out the 1st edition premium players handbook, monster manual, and dungeon master's guide on july 17th, 2012.

And there was much gnawing and gnashing of teeth.

fify.

Admin here. We don't like "FIFY" here, and ask that folks not use it. While it's sort of internet shorthand, we find it generally makes people irritated -- and that makes our jobs harder. We thus ask that people find other ways to communicate their point.

Thanks.

- PCat

Ok, sorry, didn't actually know that. Was just meant in jest 'cause I figured people would get upset over it being a few months late :)

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
I had heard that there may have been a few problems with the text conversions...however that's from an unreliable source.

Also, I've heard that they are going to be available in the UK. That's from a maybe reliable source...

Warunsun

First Post
News on the Premium Reprints

Greetings folks.
Here is some news on the premium reprints. Very good news for overseas folks it seems. If you check Wizards of the Coast product descriptions for the premium books they have removed the text about the US Hobby Retail Only.

And on Amazon.com today I found:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/1st-Edition-Premium-Players-Handbook/dp/0786962437/"]D&D 1st Edition Premium Player's Handbook[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Edition-Premium-Dungeon-Masters-Guide/dp/0786962410/"]D&D 1st Edition Premium Dungeon Master's Guide[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/1st-Edition-Premium-Monster-Manual/dp/0786962429/"]D&D 1st Edition Premium Monster Manual[/ame]

Looks very much like WotC has expanded the release of these reprints. Enjoy.

PS: Amazon UK also has [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edition-Premium-Dungeon-Masters-Guide/dp/0786962410/]the books listed[/ame].

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases