WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Good Job, WotC!

I'll buy them just to support the Gygax Memorial. The fact they're cool collectables is just an extra bonus.:D

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
Do I currently play 1e? No.
Do I already have the 1e books? Yes.
Do I need more copies of these books? Definitely not.
Will I purchase these? Absolutely.

Great news.

Layander

First Post
Just called my flgs and begged them to put me on top of the list of people who get the limited books told them I wanted 4 phbs. My players do not have to fight over books again! Yeah! So excited words do not explain.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Cited from the WotC product catalog:

"Available in limited quantities as a hobby channel exclusive in North America."

Duuh, so we old worlders are out of luck? I hope for you Americans that it's a reproduction of the first print run with the fable Random Harlot table, which is sadly missing from my later version. :cool:

Argyle King

Legend
Cool. At this point in time, I do not believe I'll buy it, but I think it's cool. I'd like to pick a set up since I never had the chance to play the older editions, but I am unsure if I could find enough people around here to play. There are also a lot of other things on my want-to-purchase list right now.

Any word on what amount goes to the fund?

Reynard

Legend
thedungeondelver said:
What about that one adventure that was in that town called Omelet or Hamlet or something or the other? I bet that'd be a cool conversion to 1e!

That's totally missing the point. If you want people who discovered the game with 3E or 4E to try AD&D then you need to offer them something they are familiar with in 1E format -- exactly like why TSR and WotC made 2e, 3E and 4 E versions of 1E classics.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases