WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

bhandelman

Explorer
Three things I would like to see come from this

I think this is great, and I'm sure it will sell like crazy. I hope it leads to three things:

1. Collectable white box reprint
  2. Return of the PDF releases for all older content
  3. Some type of new material for older editions, even if just a one off new adventure module or something

I don't know, maybe I'm being greedy, but this has me really excited. I know I'll buy a copy.

SlyDoubt

First Post
Just a few days ago I made a post wondering why wotc hasn't reprinted the older books.

Well. This is awesome news. I started playing when I was in 8th grade with the 3E starter box. The one with Regdar and crew on it and a red dragon in the doorframe behind them.

In recent years I've wanted to buy up the older editions just to have and read over.
Now I can support my local place while doing it. Awesome.

Gryffyn

First Post
Even though I can see all my AD&D hardcovers on the bookshelf less than 10 feet away from me, I will be buying these very happily.

These are the books that got me into gaming as a kid. The sprawling imagination, sense of wonder and enthusiasm which radiates from every page has been matched by very few other products in gaming history. I can't wait to leaf through pristine copies of them again.

OpsKT

Explorer
Damnit... there is no way I can raise that kind of spare cash with a Jeep repair and paying for the TERP-10 certification class in between now and the release... crap.

Agamon

Adventurer
Wow. Want. Lent a buddy my 1e books long ago after 2e came out and he lost them, and I've never gotten around to replacing them, so this is awesome!

thedungeondelver

Adventurer

Aaaaaaand just reserved a set with my FLGS - SCI-FI CITY in Orlando.

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the birth of edition-one Kenobi, and will soon see the death of the editionwar."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases