AD&D 1st Edition WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints - Page 14

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore w_earle_wheeler
    I assume that these are exact reprints of the "original" reprinted versions, ie, they contain the last printed changes and errata and nothing beyond that?

"If you're going to hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you'd better make d&#n sure the bad guy isn't you! "

- MACHETE

I'm mostly here to be infected by thedungeondelver's cheery spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by aurance View Post
    I'm mostly here to be infected by thedungeondelver's cheery spirit!

It's like the Rage Virus from 28 DAYS LATER except you get excited and happy about RPG products!

Now there's a sobering mental image.
    BIG COLLABORATIVE DUNGEON PROJECT! SIGN UP AND ADD A ROOM!

http://www.thedelversdungeon.com/images/tdd1.gif

Parenthetically, photostat copies of the manuscript rules were made, and when the commercial game was published, fans not willing or financially unable to expend the princely sum of $10 for the product did likewise, copying the material on school (mainly college/university) machines. We were well aware of this, and many gamers who had spent their hard-earned money to buy the game were more irate than we were. In all, though, the 'pirate' material was more helpful that not. Many new fans were made by DMs who were using such copies to run their games. - Gary Gygax

Quote Originally Posted by w_earle_wheeler View Post
    I assume that these are exact reprints of the "original" reprinted versions, ie, they contain the last printed changes and errata and nothing beyond that?

I damn sure hope so. Referential artwork on the covers is fine but no thank you I don't want anyone changing the inside contents.

As much as I like, say, Jim Lee's work on THE MAXX comic from the 90s, I don't want MARVEL to reboot SPIDER-MAN from issue 1 with his artwork and "cleaned up" story lines.

Parenthetically, photostat copies of the manuscript rules were made, and when the commercial game was published, fans not willing or financially unable to expend the princely sum of $10 for the product did likewise, copying the material on school (mainly college/university) machines. We were well aware of this, and many gamers who had spent their hard-earned money to buy the game were more irate than we were. In all, though, the 'pirate' material was more helpful that not. Many new fans were made by DMs who were using such copies to run their games. - Gary Gygax

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Reynard
    Quote Originally Posted by thedungeondelver

what
    A 1e conversion of, say, Red Hand of Doom would be more useful than a reprint of ToEE in getting "new school" gamers to try 1E.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    A 1e conversion of, say, Red Hand of Doom would be more useful than a reprint of ToEE in getting "new school" gamers to try 1E.

what

(dude the original comment was tongue in cheek)

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Odhanan
    Dude, I want both! (and Red Hand of Doom for 1E could be great, I agree)

Quote Originally Posted by frankthedm View Post
    What part?Not everyone thinks paying $10 extra dollars for a shirt when only $2 of that winds up in the hands of the charity is worthwhile.
    True, which is why I'm probably going to directly donate some funds to the memorial myself (should have a long time ago) because the books cost more than I can justify spending on them. However, I've seen people complain about contributory deals like this before, which doesn't make sense to me. If someone doesn't find it worth it, they shouldn't buy it. I think it's a pretty awesome thing, myself.
    Robin Williams (1951-2014)
    You will be missed far more than you ever knew...

As a newly, self-proclaimed D&D archaeologist, I applaud this action by WotC
    "It is important to keep in mind that, after all is said and done, ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is a game. Because it is a game, certain things which seem "unrealistic" or simply unnecessary are integral to the system."

- Gary Gygax, AD&D Player's Handbook 1st Edition

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Jamaica (Queens) New York. Work in Manhattan, sees the world on the Internet/Now Poket PC.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Truth Seeker
    Hmmmm, sounds nice.
    'New Signature coming soon...'

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast