WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Been saying that they should do this for years. Not just the core books, but many of the classic hardcovers, boxed sets and adventure modules as well. Why sit on a money-making entity?

Tortoise

First Post
Add me to the chorus of people who have original copies and will try to buy these anyway.

I may even try to get a second set as a gift for a friend whose family sold his when the military mistakenly informed them of his death.:eek: He never got replacement copies.

Tilenas

Explorer
Wizards, I applaud thee for a very sympathetic, and at the same time, business-savvy move. This news would have left me much less-excited during the 4e build-up. Why? Because it was fairly obvious that 4e would be an evolution of 3e and 3e only. Now, with the Grand Design of unifying each and every edition fan base, it's much more likely we'll see the return of some of the concepts endemic to AD&D. Re-releasing that original material (not gender ability mods by) is going to accustom 3e/4e newcomers to these concepts, thus fostering their acceptance. Oh, and you're going to make some serious cash off of it, too.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CwIvBNsSywQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DungeonMasterGuide4Cover.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffrey

First Post
The only way to make this any better would be if WOTC included a vinyl LP soundtrack of bad late 70's music and a note from my teacher to my parents saying that for some reason I have not been paying attention in class recently...

Last edited:

Gundark

Explorer
Add me to the chorus of people who have original copies and will try to buy these anyway.

I may even try to get a second set as a gift for a friend whose family sold his when the military mistakenly informed them of his death.:eek: He never got replacement copies.

Holy crap!!! How long did they think he was dead.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
This is like the anti-edition warring thread since the notion of reviving the first edition actually is bringing applause... which is strange considering that at the same time the new edition is in the works.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Hmm... I'm currently running an AD&D game in my FLGS. I wonder how many of the players will want them? I wonder if they'll be available in Australia?

Cheers!

Wow, that's amazing. Don't know that I'll get them, as I have two sets of these books in good-to-excellent condition, but it's a nice gesture to re-release them. Wonder if any other classic products get re-released. I could use a Rule Cyclopedia!

Remove ads