WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

Rechan

Adventurer
This is just awesome. I still have my 1e books, and have even used them fairly recently, but if I can afford it I'd love to have a new copy to support the Gygax Memorial.

-O
Or you could just donate to the fund. :)

Buying a new copy makes for a great gift to a gamer friend.

delericho

Legend
Reprinting the 1st Ed books is a good thing. Supporting the Gygax fund is even better.

That said, I have copies of those books, and I know I'm never actually going to play 1st Ed, so these reprints have little appeal.

However, if they were to do an anthology of the 1st Ed adventures, or a reprint of the "Rules Cyclopedia", that would be awesome.

Ron

Explorer
I am playing 1st edition AD&D right now. My books are perfect but I might buy the new printing to support the Gygax Memorial. Also, only I and the DM have the books so I might convince some of my fellow players to support the initiative.

IronWolf

blank
I still have my 1st edition stuff and in pretty good condition. Looks like it is time to see which gaming stores are still in business near me and see about picking these up.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Although I am sure a number of people are waiting for me to do so, I refuse to insist that they be OGL'd. ;) :D

As I posted above, well done WotC, particularly with the Gygax Memorial donations! :)

Beastman

First Post
"Available in limited quantities as a hobby channel exclusive in North America."

North america Only! I'm disappointed. What about the loyal fans in europe?

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Reprinting the 1st Ed books is a good thing. Supporting the Gygax fund is even better.

That said, I have copies of those books, and I know I'm never actually going to play 1st Ed, so these reprints have little appeal.

However, if they were to do an anthology of the 1st Ed adventures, or a reprint of the "Rules Cyclopedia", that would be awesome.

My sentiments exactly except that I have PDF's of these books instead of hardcopies. I also know that I can never go back to 1st Edition as a player or GM.

Nice gesture to start winning back their fanbase though...

Rune

Once A Fool
If one of the goals of 5e is to bring back players of older editions, re-releasing the 1e books at this early stage in development in an effort to get relapsed 1e players gaming again seems like a really good marketing move. And it's pretty good PR, too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases