WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

Reynard

Legend
ShinHakkaider said:
I also know that I can never go back to 1st Edition as a player or GM.

People keep saying this and I think it is sad. AD&D is not 3.x or 4E -- hell, it's not even OD&D or B/X -- but it is a great game on it's own.

Maybe WotC could do a limited edition 1E conversion of some well liked 3E or 4E adventure just to get folks to experience the game. After all, if the 5E designers sat down to play all the D&D editions, shouldn't we do the same?

I'll only be happy if they sell the PDF too. ... I kid

This is pretty cool news. A win for the players, a win for Gygax, and a PR win for Wizards (and let's face it, they need all the PR wins they can get). Furthermore, it's seems like proof that WotC is listening to the gaming community at large and an open hand towards the OSR movement.

I'll be buying all three books.

Henry

Autoexreginated
For anyone balking at the price also remember that part of the proceeds are going to the Gygax memorial - kind of like buying a $20.00 t-shirt to support a charity.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
This is just awesome. I still have my 1e books, and have even used them fairly recently, but if I can afford it I'd love to have a new copy to support the Gygax Memorial.

Holy crap, I had no idea that'd do that! I tried to edit it! :D Kidding, guy, kidding!

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
For anyone balking at the price also remember that part of the proceeds are going to the Gygax memorial - kind of like buying a $20.00 t-shirt to support a charity.

Curse you, Henry you awesome guy you flip a switch or pull a lever and let me XP you and everyone else in this thread right now!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases